The Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Post by butters »

I picked this up this morning. Walmart had a display case full of them. I've only goofed around with the single player mode so far.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

I just got it a few hours ago and have been playing multiplayer brawl with my siblings mostley. I have to say I'm impressed, it's better than I expected and even though they nurfed Falco in a way, I'm still pretty good with him despite his new move set. Haven't dug into any single player yet, but I'm looking forward to the storyline in the SE, and the Events. I tried Wifi but for some reason I can't ever find anyone to play with, even though I can spectate..It's weird. Maybe a bug?
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I noticed you cannot find anyone to play with either and after a long peroid of time when you leave it on it says "connection with other players lost" However when my friends and I connect on wifi we CAN play over the net so.....I don't know. The game rocks though, best wii purchase since "Super Mario Galaxy".
Have you played dreamcast today?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

I can't get multiplayer to work either. I'm guessing it's server issues.

My Wii code for this game is 5198-2119-2349
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:My friend works at GameStop and they got a huge shipment in, so I don't think you'll have a hard time buying one.
Gamestop (at least the one near me) will not sell new games for three days after it's release unless you have a preorder. Even if they have extra copies that were not preorders, they will not sell them until three days after it's release. This has tripped me up on more than one occasion because I will go to sell stuff off just to find that they won't sell a game to me because I didn't preorder.
My friend works at GameStop and I mentioned this to him. He said that this is against corporate policy and if you call corporate and report them this will stop really quick. :|
Well, this is the same GameStop that I was told that any return, despite being sealed and with a receipt, is upon a manager's approval and so the manager refuses returns of anything because 'too many people have access to shrink wrappers.' But nevermind about the local shady Gamestop...

Anyway, I went to a Smash Bros. tournament last night at a friends house. 3 Wiis on 3 TV's all running Smash Bros. I never played Smash Bros. before last night, and I must say, it is extremely fun, especially when you get 4 people in on the chaos. I wish I knew how well the online aspect would work, because I really have no interest in this game as a single player affair, but the opportunity to battle others online is certainly an awesome prospect.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

melancholy wrote:I never played Smash Bros. before last night
WTF? This was the best selling game on the GameCube and you never played it??
It's thinking...
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

Lol yeah, hard to believe you had never played a Smash Bros. game before. They are extremely fun with 4 people. ;)

butters, I added your code. Here's mine.

2277-6315-9077
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Mattiethomas wrote:I'm looking forward to the storyline in the SE
You shouldnt look forward to that at all. The storyline is just terrible in their attempt to throw all but a few characters in was poorly done in my opinion. I dont want to give anything away by giving examples, but you will find out.

What do other people think about the Subspace Emisary? Ignoring the storyline I just see a much more drawn out adventure mode with the addition of doors/other rooms, and the ocassional boss.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

|darc| wrote:
Most of my friends didn't own Gamecubes. They all had Xboxes. That's also why I've never played Mario Kart Double Dash either. I just couldn't justify the expense when I was just going to be playing it by myself. I mean, yeah it would have been great for the one or two times they all came to Muncie, but that was so rare that it wasn't worth getting Smash Bros. Melee. I just always met up with them and played Burnout or watched them play Halo (since I absolutely suck at Halo). That's also why it took me so incredibly long to get an Xbox compared to the other two big consoles that I bought at launch. If there was a big Xbox title that came out, chances are one (or most) of them already had it.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Most of my friends didn't own Gamecubes. They all had Xboxes. That's also why I've never played Mario Kart Double Dash either. I just couldn't justify the expense when I was just going to be playing it by myself. I mean, yeah it would have been great for the one or two times they all came to Muncie, but that was so rare that it wasn't worth getting Smash Bros. Melee. I just always met up with them and played Burnout or watched them play Halo (since I absolutely suck at Halo). That's also why it took me so incredibly long to get an Xbox compared to the other two big consoles that I bought at launch. If there was a big Xbox title that came out, chances are one (or most) of them already had it.
I remember when I was living in a dorm the original Smash Bros. was super popular. You could hear Nintendo music up and down the hall on weekends. Then when the Gamecube version came out, I remember tournaments in the lobby of the dorm. I can't say I really ever played the games too much (because I pretty much suck) but I think they are a blast. I'm hoping to use the projector at work Friday night and see how many people I can get together for a tournament.