Who watched the presidental debate?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Covar »

Stupid Canadains. (or, well, at least the Prime Minister... and well... most Canadians.)

And sorry for all the Canadian bashing... eh... I know some truely great people who are Canadians, and my comments were directed towards Canadians in general, not indeviduals ('cept *insert Canadian leader here*). Besides, you have to admit that the dumb ones far outweigh the smart ones. Or well, not dumb, but ignorant.
i fixed it for you :mrgreen:

didn't watch the debates. we're watching it in current events class today, and i don't want to see it twice. i also had a two page physics paper to write.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

souLLy wrote:can you canadians go into the US and liberate the american people please.

With...

:?:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Vchat20 wrote:
hearld500 wrote:He didn't do anything to your family but give you tax breaks.
BS. tax breaks my ass. let me spell it out for you.

now: my mom is a bus driver for head start kids around here. right now she makes good money for making $12 an hour and working 40 hours a week. but being a single parent this doesnt go far. add in the $300 child support payments every 2 weeks and it still doesnt go far. to make it even worse, being a bus driver, every summer she gets laid off and only gets like $400 unemployment checks every 2 weeks. this is what screwed her this summer.

oh, but last year and pretty much every year before, as a job under the same company running the head start program, she was able to work as a shuttle driver every summer for the same wages and the same hours.

where does bush come in? between of him and the governor of Ohio, Taft, they dont think the head start program is a good idea and the kids should simply go to daycare. because of this they severely cut funding for the head start programs in Ohio. because of this, my mom couldnt get the shuttle job this past summer because the company couldnt afford to pay her at the wages she was getting so she had to get laid off this summer.

not only that, but i should also add that because of the funding cut, the company she works for is already $800,000 in the hole and the school year just started (head start kids started back on like sept. 23rd).

believe me, its bush's fault. period. you can ask just about every other person who works with my mom. theyll tell you.
So much for bushes 2000 election promise... "No child left behind."

And those tax cuts being talked about was for the rich people. Sen Kerry brought that up in the debates, and as usual Bush shifted the topic to some non-sense.

Oh I checked the msn.com polls for who did best in the debate. So far 62% say Kerry, 38% say bush.

I live in Ohio, Taft is about worthless. He is the main reason the concealed weapons permit was delayed as long as it was. And even now that we finnally got the option to get that permit its really a joke. For starters you have to pay $115 some dollars for a 2 days safety class. Then you gotta spend like $25 to allow the police to fingerprint you, and do background checks. That really isn't so bad, obviously we don't want criminals running around with this. However, unlike most states if you are driving with a weapon you have to have it holstered in a place that a policeman can easily see it. That is just B.S., if you can carry a concealed weapon then you should be able to conceal it!!
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

If some people, aka Republicans/GOP, actually interpreted Kerry's answers, you'd know he's been consistent all along. His reasoning is sane, and something with which I can agree. He was consistent in the debate and actually provided sensible answers, completely making Bush look like an idiot with his randomly repeated GOP slurs/slogans. Based from the results from all the recent polls on the debate, it seems that Kerry won that debate in the opinion of the majority of people. One last point, Bush may be a steadfast, aka stubborn, leader, but he doesn't know when to be steadfast. I'd rather a President who can admit his mistakes, take responsibility, and change his choices/strategy when new evidence surfaces.

"I'm not John Kerry and I approve this ad."

Teh Lawlz.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

ragnarok2040 wrote:"I'm not John Kerry and I approve this ad."
lol. yeah. i need to start tacking that on to my bush "smear's". :lol:
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

[quote=""President" Bush"]Uh...[/quote]

He said that before almost EVERY sentence. Most of them repetitions of things he had said, or just BSing when he diddnt have a good awnser.

Kerry, please win.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Kerry really did well, IMO. Although I don't particularly like either of them, Kerry knew what he was doing and sounded, well, intellegent. Bush just said something about flip-flopping (never said those words, but "changing his mind" came up a lot) and hoped it would go away.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

umm. conincidence? i think not!

Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

1LINUXuser wrote:
Stupid Canadains. (or, well, at least the Prime Minister... and well... most Canadians.)

And sorry for all the Canadian bashing... eh... I know some truely great people who are Canadians, and my comments were directed towards Canadians in general, not indeviduals ('cept *insert Canadian leader here*). Besides, you have to admit that the dumb ones far outweigh the smart ones. Or well, not dumb, but ignorant.
i fixed it for you :mrgreen:

didn't watch the debates. we're watching it in current events class today, and i don't want to see it twice. i also had a two page physics paper to write.

You broke it because you know the original was right and you were jealous. :)
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

Alright, for all of you people who are saying things like "Bush screwed the economy!!111"...please...

When you go to college, take an economics class and you'll realize that what the president does has very little to do with the economy. One person cannot manipulate a whole free market. Slumps are part of an economy. Deal with it and stop passing the buck.
Silence is Golden
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Vchat20 wrote:umm. conincidence? i think not!

Last i saw, a hurricane was wider than one precinct of florida.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

404NotFound wrote:Last i saw, a hurricane was wider than one precinct of florida.
Lies!
It's thinking...
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

404NotFound wrote:Last i saw, a hurricane was wider than one precinct of florida.
yeah. but the simple fact that the hurricanes followed paths to direct hit the pro-bush counties kinda makes you wonder.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

lol . but i missed the debate, i was too busy and when got hoem i totally forgot it and was watching family guy. totally forgot to turn on the daily show
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Vchat20 wrote:
yeah. but the simple fact that the hurricanes followed paths to direct hit the pro-bush counties kinda makes you wonder.
No, it doesn't.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Vchat20 wrote:
Then the eye would've passed over the Pro-Bush counties leaving the wind, rain, and debris to fuck up the Pro-Gore counties.
Really, if that means God is against Bush, then all that tell me is that God is a shitty messenger. :D
No signature.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

i watched the debate for about 20 minutes or so. i started just as kerry was calling bush about iraq. listening to bush repeat himself over and over made my head hurt.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Doesn't this belong in Current Events? Since when has this been the pointless political debate forum?
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

[quote Yahoo Newsgroup]
Actually, let me rephrase that.

If this is the only article you read all year that isn't from a conservative paper, like one owned by Richard Mellon Sciarfe or the Reverend Moon or Murdoch... If this is the only article you read that hasn't been vetted by the hosts at Fox News...

Please, read this, gacked in its entirity from Al Franken's blog:

About a week ago on Hannity & Colmes, Sean Hannity spewed a litany of lies about John Kerry being a flip-flopper and tax raiser, lies that came directly from the Bush campaign. Oddly, Alan Colmes did not respond. So we will. Hannity said:

Here?s a guy that supported gay marriage, now against it. Here?s a guy that by my count has had six separate different unique positions on the war on Iraq. Here?s a guy that voted for the $87 billion to fund the war before he voted against it. Here?s a guy that was for the Patriot Act. Now against it. No Child Left Behind, for it, now against it. Here?s a guy that supported -- was against the death penalty for terrorists who kill Americans. Now he?s for it. The only thing he seems consistent on is that, throughout the 19 years he was in the Senate, he voted to raise taxes consistently 350 times. What does that tell us about a man that has no core values or principles?

Let?s take these one at a time.

Here?s a guy that supported gay marriage, now against it.

This is a lie. Kerry?s position has always been consistent on this. I disagree with him, but Kerry has always been against gay marriage. He is for civil unions. What Hannity is doing here is taking Kerry?s vote against the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act and deliberately misrepresenting it as a declaration in favor of gay marriage. But let me read you what Kerry said on the floor of the Senate about that vote.
?I will vote against this bill, though I am not for same-sex marriage, because I believe that this debate is fundamentally ugly, and it is fundamentally political, and it is fundamentally flawed?.the results of this bill will not be to preserve anything, but will serve to attack a group of people out of various motives and rationales, and certainly out of a lack of understanding and a lack of tolerance, and will only serve the purposes of the political season.?

And on that, I totally agree with him. So, for the record: Kerry has been totally consistent on this. He has never flip-flopped. Sean Hannity is lying, and he knows it.

Next.

Here?s a guy that by my count has had six separate different unique positions on the war on Iraq.

Okay. This is just stupid. Kerry?s position on Iraq has been totally consistent. Yes, he voted to authorize the president to use force against Iraq. But voted for that in order for Bush to go to the UN and get the inspectors back into Iraq, which was a genuine triumph. But, the president acted in bad faith. Here is what Kerry said about it on Face the Nation on September 14, 2003:

?The president promised he would go to war as a matter of last resort. He didn?t. The president promised he would build a coalition and work through the United Nations. He didn?t. We?re paying the price for the reckless way in which this president approached this. It?s a failure of diplomacy, and today it?s a failure of leadership.?

Kerry was entirely consistent, and not only that, he was right.

Next.

Here?s a guy that voted for the $87 billion to fund the war before he voted against it.

This is correct, but it?s not a flip-flop. Kerry voted for an amendment to the Iraqi appropriations bill that would have paid for the $87 billion by taking it out of the tax cut for the extremely rich. That amendment lost, 57-42, because Bush insisted that the $87 billion be added to the deficit. As we discussed with Paul Krugman last week, never in the history of this country have we had tax cuts while we were at war. Not only that, but Paul Krugman told me that he has yet to find any civilization in the history of this planet that ever had a tax cut during a war.

After the amendment went down, Kerry did vote against the final $87 billion supplemental appropriation, as a protest against the way Bush got us into the war and is conducting it. But he knew that the troops would have the support, because the bill passed 87 to 12.

You can support our troops, and still protest the president. If you can?t hold those two ideas in your head, you won?t enjoy my show, and I suggest you switch over to Rush right now.

Next.

Here?s a guy that was for the Patriot Act. Now against it.

Well, here?s what Kerry said:

?I voted for the Patriot Act right after September 11th ? convinced that ? with a sunset clause ? it was the right decision to make. It clearly wasn?t a perfect bill ? and it had a number of flaws ? but this wasn?t the time to haggle. It was the time to act.

"But George Bush and John Ashcroft abused the spirit of national action after the terrorist attacks. They have used the Patriot Act in ways that were never intended and for reasons that have nothing to do with terrorism. That?s why, as President, I will propose new anti-terrorism laws that advance the War on Terror while ending the assault on our basic rights.?

In other words, he voted for the Patriot Act after 9/11, although he objected to parts of it. Bush has abused it in ways that were never intended by Congress when it was passed. If you can?t hold that in your head, you will love Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

No Child Left Behind, for it, now against it.

This is an easy one. On this one, like all the others, Kerry?s position is consistent, and principled, and Hannity?s is dishonest. Kerry voted for the bill, which the president promised to fund. The president didn?t fund it, which created unfunded mandates on states and school districts across this country. As a result, classroom sizes are getting bigger, after-school programs are being dropped, teachers are being fired, and education is getting worse. Everyone in education across this country will tell you that. No Child Left Behind is the most ironically named piece of legislation since the 1942 Japanese Family Leave Act.

Next.

Here?s a guy that supported -- was against the death penalty for terrorists who kill Americans. Now he?s for it.

Actually, Sean?s right on this one. Kerry was against the death penalty before 9/11. And after 9/11, he now supports the death penalty for terrorists. Now, Bush?before 9/11, wanted to invade Iraq. And after it, wanted to invade Iraq. So maybe he was more consistent. Kerry was affected viscerally by 9/11. I?m not sure I?d call that a flip-flop.

Next.

The only thing he seems consistent on is that, throughout the 19 years he was in the Senate, he voted to raise taxes consistently 350 times.

This is a disgraceful lie. It is a distortion of a phony statistic put out by the Bush campaign. The Bush campaign lists 350 of Kerry?s votes for, quote, ?higher taxes.? Almost all of these are votes Kerry cast to leave taxes unchanged, such as a 1987 vote against a repeal of the ?windfall profit? tax on oil. Taxes would have remained the same if his side had prevailed. In other words, this was a vote against an irresponsible tax cut for the rich.

Let me make a side note. We need to pay for the government. Someone?s got to pay for it. And if you cut taxes for the rich, the burden gets shifted to everyone else, or their children.

Bush?s list even includes votes that Kerry cast in favor of alternative Democratic tax cuts. On Bush?s list, there?s only one actual tax increase that Kerry voted for, which incidentally is counted twice. It?s his vote for Clinton?s 1993 Deficit Reduction Act, which raised taxes on the top 1% and cut taxes on people at the bottom, and was followed by eight years of unprecedented growth.

What does that tell us about a man that has no core values or principles?

The man who has no core values or principles here is a man named Sean Hannity. And you know who came up with all these lies? The campaign of a man named George W. Bush.

Look. The reason I took the time to go over all of this is you?re going to hear this garbage repeated over, and over, and over again from now until November. And we are not going to let them do it. We are not going to let them do to John Kerry what they did to Al Gore.

Kerry is not a flip-flopper. But Bush is a liar. And his shills in the media, like Sean Hannity and Bill O?Reilly and Rush Limbaugh?they?re liars too.
[/quote]
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Fragger wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:he promises something one minute, and next time he speaks about that issue he's against it
I'd like to hear some examples of this.
Ok, he looks at the same info Bush got about going into Iraq.
He votes yes to go into Iraq. Then guess what? He starts saying that we never should have gotten into Iraq in the first place. Then he says just a few months ago that he would have gone into Iraq. :|