Who watched the presidental debate?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Who watched the presidental debate?

Post by hearld500 »

I tried watching this with as open of a mind a I could. They both seemed pretty even to me. I just wished that they had talked about more then the war in Iraq. :?
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

it was hilarious if you ask me. when bush was talking, kerry just had a smirk on his face like he was quietly laughing/giggling at bush. and when kerry was talking, bush had this face on him like "im gonna kick your ass". both me and my mom were giigling at it. only thing i wish is that we couldve seen what they wrote. im pretty sure bush had plenty of nasty words wrote on his paper.

btw, im a Kerry supporter. bush has screwed the economy to the point of our family being nearly $5000 in the hole both in the bank and bill-wise. he can go screw himself for all i care.
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

Yeah, only about half of America got their tax breaks like Bush promised.
My mom fully supports Bush, I hate Bush' guts.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Much as Id like to talk about how stupid bush made himself look, this is really a current events forum topic.

Ok i can't resist.....Notice how everytime Kerry brought something up that Bush screwed up, Bush just about always weaseled away from answering.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Vchat20 wrote: btw, im a Kerry supporter. bush has screwed the economy to the point of our family being nearly $5000 in the hole both in the bank and bill-wise. he can go screw himself for all i care.
I think 9-11 screwed the economy, not him.
He didn't do anything to your family but give you tax breaks.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I hate when democrats mention about how 9/11 could have been avoided...

How... could this have been prevented in any case. Terrorism happens-- at that point everything was going smooth, and there is no way it could have been avoided.

Personally I thought Kerry was the better speaker (as Bush isn't the best public speaker)-- however they both cancelled each others points out very well. All in all it was a good debate, while Kerry was more professional, Bush was *definately* more entertaining. 8-)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

9/11 screwed Americans, and Bush, NOT the economy. Bush, in turn, destroyed the American economy with the War Against Terroism and War Against Iraq bullshit. The first one was to make him look good, the second one is for oil. "Terrorism" was Bush's first good excuse to go into Iraq or he would've done it sooner. Also, the terrorists were none of the US' concern until it affected them, even though worse things than that damn retarded War Against Iraq are going on in the world, and of course, the Americans don't give a shit.

It's all stupid. I'm not going to watch much T.V. anymore, not that I do already. I'm going to want to put a drill to my head soon.

Stupid Americans. (or, well, at least the president... and well... most Americans.)

EDIT: In a perfect world, neither of them would be elected and a lone candidate would get it. I guess Kerry is better than Bush, and nothing is better than either of them.

And sorry for all the American bashing... eh... I know some truely great people who are Americans, and my comments were directed towards Americans in general, not indeviduals ('cept Bush). Besides, you have to admit that the dumb ones far outweigh the smart ones. Or well, not dumb, but ignorant.
Last edited by Untamed on Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

dbl
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

hearld500 wrote:He didn't do anything to your family but give you tax breaks.
BS. tax breaks my ass. let me spell it out for you.

now: my mom is a bus driver for head start kids around here. right now she makes good money for making $12 an hour and working 40 hours a week. but being a single parent this doesnt go far. add in the $300 child support payments every 2 weeks and it still doesnt go far. to make it even worse, being a bus driver, every summer she gets laid off and only gets like $400 unemployment checks every 2 weeks. this is what screwed her this summer.

oh, but last year and pretty much every year before, as a job under the same company running the head start program, she was able to work as a shuttle driver every summer for the same wages and the same hours.

where does bush come in? between of him and the governor of Ohio, Taft, they dont think the head start program is a good idea and the kids should simply go to daycare. because of this they severely cut funding for the head start programs in Ohio. because of this, my mom couldnt get the shuttle job this past summer because the company couldnt afford to pay her at the wages she was getting so she had to get laid off this summer.

not only that, but i should also add that because of the funding cut, the company she works for is already $800,000 in the hole and the school year just started (head start kids started back on like sept. 23rd).

believe me, its bush's fault. period. you can ask just about every other person who works with my mom. theyll tell you.
Black Ninja
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Location: Top Secret if you knew my where abouts I'd have to kill ya.

Post by Black Ninja »

I watched a bit of it tonight......
Hey if you think your playing video games too much Play More!!!
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I was actually getting drunk outside the only room on campus with cable tv. However I heard some interesting s tuff about the debates.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Yes, directly his fault, even though there are thousands of government workers, the Senate, the House of Representatives, and the cabinet. Blaming everything upon a single person is ridiculous.

Also, saying Kerry is a better choice is awful-- a president that is not clear on what he wants to do-- has no real plan, or course of action? Mark my words, but things would only get worse if Kerry went into office. He has "plans" to get people out of Iraq in 6 months.... complete BS. There is no way to do that. Kerry is just feeding the public BS, some of what they want to hear, but once he gets into office (if he does) he will realize that he can't do half of the things he "promises." And I say promises in quotes because he promises something one minute, and next time he speaks about that issue he's against it.

It's not like the downfall of American society is iminent. We've had problems before-- much *worse* problems before. Think of where we are compared to 90% of the population out there , and then start complaining. The people getting murdered in Somalia? The genocide going... the starvation, the corrupt police systems.... I mean, my god... we have it better than so many other countries out there... yet all people do (namely democrats) is complain.

-_-
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

Yay for Canada.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Also, saying Kerry is a better choice is awful-- a president that is not clear on what he wants to do-- has no real plan, or course of action?
Just because you don't want to look at it doesn't mean that the plan doesn't exist. I fully acknowledge that it may be full of crap, since I haven't yet had the time to sit down and read it. But it seems pretty clear that it's there.
He has "plans" to get people out of Iraq in 6 months.... complete BS.
He said he could start a withdrawal after 6 months if things went well under his plan, and that a full withdrawal would take years. Doesn't sound so much like "complete BS" to me.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

MulletMan13 wrote:he promises something one minute, and next time he speaks about that issue he's against it
I'd like to hear some examples of this.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Untamed wrote:Yay for Canada.
In-fucking-deed.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

ace wrote:
Untamed wrote:Yay for Canada.
In-fudging-deed.
Word.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

can you canadians go into the US and liberate the american people please.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

hmm, all this american presidential bullshit kinda puts the polirical shit here in holland in perspective, i mean, we just heard that for the comming year the governement plans on budget cuts everywhere, but it pales im comparison to what bush is duking out in the US

personally id like to see bush go, but i havent got a clue about kerry, i dont know any of his plans or opinions
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
LeGIt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LeGIt »

Vchat20 wrote:$400 unemployment checks every 2 weeks
That's good money :o

Over here we only get ?88 every 2 weeks ....