Forum errors getting too bad to stand

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DC's Champion »

Ok, smartass.

1.I wasn't talking about the DCemu community.
2.I was talking about the official mods/head honchos of phpBB, the actual site.
3.This is a great site, but it's suffering from a phpBB glitch/error.

This once again proves my point.
And just for the record, my statements have been misinterpreted too many times here and I'm sick of it. If I'm modded, then I'll blame it on you people.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

DC's Champion wrote:If I'm modded, then I'll blame it on you people.
Well I wouldn't worry about that too much, as it is not likely to happen.
DC's Champion wrote:And just for the record, my statements have been misinterpreted too many times here and I'm sick of it.
It's not that we are misinterpreting you, its that you aren't clear in what you are saying when you post, and that your reputation preceedes you, so when you aren't clear enough for us to understand what you are talking about we look back to the things you have done in the quite recent past to try and judge what you mean by a statement.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

Ok, well I have nothing against anyone here (maybe a little against Kron and Metafox), so there's no reason for me to bash DCemu.

The problem with you people here...is that you're all so paranoid whenever I say the slightest. I could say "sorry" and you people will initiate a bomb alert, and I really don't think that's fair at all. I have feelings also.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

DC's Champion wrote:Ok, well I have nothing against anyone here (maybe a little against Kron and Metafox), so there's no reason for me to bash DCemu.

The problem with you people here...is that you're all so paranoid whenever I say the slightest. I could say "sorry" and you people will initiate a bomb alert, and I really don't think that's fair at all. I have feelings also.
You did say sorry in an OT thread, but you did little more than try to divert the blame to the people you were supposedly apologizing to. You also have no reason to have anything agains The Kron or Metafox, so please just stop the trolling and make us all happy.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

DC's Champion wrote:I'm not trying to piss anyone off. It's true.

Have you ever started a community on phpBB? I have...and know what happened to it? The entire database got corrupted, the server f*cked up and my site went down.
In all honesty, phpBB head honchos are an elite group of pr*cks.

Am I taking a stab at anyone here? No... :roll:

You people enjoy pissing me off and making me feel bad.
How was any of this pissing you off?
DC's Champion wrote:Ok, smartass.

1.I wasn't talking about the DCemu community.
2.I was talking about the official mods/head honchos of phpBB, the actual site.
3.This is a great site, but it's suffering from a phpBB glitch/error.

This once again proves my point.
And just for the record, my statements have been misinterpreted too many times here and I'm sick of it. If I'm modded, then I'll blame it on you people.
I think you'll find if people wind up gettin their posts modded its normally their fault. I concede the point that we are a great site however, sadly most of the troubles we have are ztnets fault (if only there was better free hosting out there we could find & convince sean to go to)
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Back on topic!
Nyarlathotep wrote: Those of you going 'oh just back it up and restore it' should probably be aware our database is over 1.5Gb large and I doubt anyone has the time or inclination to download and then reupload more than 1.5Gb of data just to stop people whining for the month or so it will take before the zero sized reply error returns (which is indeed down to zt.net)
Why not put a big lock on these forums and start a new phpBB installation in a new mysql database? This would be the simplest and most effective approach.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

whatever happens, please don't switch to invisix :lol:
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

since the db is so large, id have your host do the backup of the raw mysql files for you. they can back it up right on the same server and put it back in right on the same server thus not worrying about dl/ul speeds and time.

yes, i do agree. these errors are a pain. and please upgrade the forums for crying out loud. this place is stuck in the stoneages. this forum is sitting at 2.0.3 currently. latest version is 2.0.8
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

It's very difficult to upgrade the forums when they're in the state they're in. Every time a new template or hack upgrade is attempted, something completely unexpected seems to go wrong.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

az_bont wrote:It's very difficult to upgrade the forums when they're in the state they're in. Every time a new template or hack upgrade is attempted, something completely unexpected seems to go wrong.
yea I have seemed to notice that...
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I thought i was getting that error cos i was posting from a phone or something like that, i didnt think anyone else was getting it till i read this, i hope it gets fixed soon.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

az_bont wrote:It's very difficult to upgrade the forums when they're in the state they're in. Every time a new template or hack upgrade is attempted, something completely unexpected seems to go wrong.
So is life with maintaining forums. The same goes with YaBB at Consolevision. Although YaBB is admittedly worse, phpBB does indeed have it's nuiances as well.

I'm seriously considering moving the boards over to phpBB at CV though. A PHP database is much more secure than the plain-text databases of CGI, and YaBB SE is buggy as hell.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Cheatah said he'll try to fix the problem when he gets home from work.
az_bont wrote:Every time a new template or hack upgrade is attempted, something completely unexpected seems to go wrong.
That's not really true, the hacks sometimes go screwy after ZTNet does stuff but for the most part everything runs fairly well considering how big the DB is & how old the forums are.

And for those people saying the admins should upgrade the forums etc., 007Cheater has said to me in the past that he doesn't want anyone but himself to do the upgrades, so complain to him about it not us. :P I'm pretty sure he tried to upgrade awhile back but it didn't work properly so he left it as it is.
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

Based on previous upgrades that have been attempted/ done by myself or 007 i can say that some themes will get cocked up aswell as the hacks. They always do, this then results in me having to fix my nice BlackShadow theme that takes hours & hours of anoying fixing & implimenting the hacks again.

It will also take Dr Z time to impliment the hacks to the other themes including the newer ones i added some months back, that's if the themes even work anymore without some major fixes.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

how ironic i just made a thread about this in another section then as soon as i was done i realized that there was already a thread about it. its hard to even read whats posted here anymore cause of the constant errors.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

|ace| wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Dr. Zoidberg wrote:I've e-mailed Sean, hopefully he will do something about it.
Who the hell is Sean?
EvilN wrote:007cheater, aka the pedophile
/me thinks melancholy was being facetious
ace thinks melancholy was being facetious
No, I was serious. I've never heard him called Sean before.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
DC's Champion wrote:PhpBB errors are the worst, and the head honchos are a bunch of idiots for owning a database this huge and not modding it often.

So.... you weren't happy enough pissing off the coders you want to take a pop at the forum and site admins too? :?

Those of you going 'oh just back it up and restore it' should probably be aware our database is over 1.5Gb large and I doubt anyone has the time or inclination to download and then reupload more than 1.5Gb of data just to stop people whining for the month or so it will take before the zero sized reply error returns (which is indeed down to zt.net)
Do it server side...
It's thinking...
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

I have emailed sean to say i won't get time to do any attempts until next week, so to insure that i have the time to do the backup & have time to fix any probs.

So i think he may attempt it instead at some point sooner.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

MR. BRYANT PLEASE INSTALL IB instead of PHPBB!!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

AmadeusZull wrote:MR. BRYANT PLEASE INSTALL IB instead of PHPBB!!
no
It's thinking...