About PS3

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Johnnylee_hang
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

About PS3

Post by Johnnylee_hang »

Did anybody have a chance to buy one at all? Cause I didn't.

1. Anyway, does anyone knows what's the 60GB HDD do? does it use to save games or what's the use of it?

Can I use an external HDD (USB) to plug on the ps3 usbport to save games? I over heard somepeople say that the 60gb internal is used to save games. Other say that it can store the game for fast load.

2. About the usb port, will it work if I plug a usb controller in it? The controller was design for pc.

2a. What do they call the new ps3 controller? Dual shock 3?

If someone find the disadvantage about the ps3, post it in here.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

do you read any gaming sites at all?
Johnnylee_hang
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Johnnylee_hang »

Nope... It's better to ask those of who own it and try it then those who post it and advertise it.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

SIXAXIS is the name of the controller. Its SIXAXIS spelled backwords.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

stagg wrote:SIXAXIS is the name of the controller. Its SIXAXIS spelled backwords.
they should have called it "NoShock1" imho....
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:
stagg wrote:SIXAXIS is the name of the controller. Its SIXAXIS spelled backwords.
they should have called it "NoShock1" imho....
:lol:
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

I liked "DualShake" personally, but eh.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: About PS3

Post by butters »

Johnnylee_hang wrote:Did anybody have a chance to buy one at all? Cause I didn't.

1. Anyway, does anyone knows what's the 60GB HDD do? does it use to save games or what's the use of it?

Can I use an external HDD (USB) to plug on the ps3 usbport to save games? I over heard somepeople say that the 60gb internal is used to save games. Other say that it can store the game for fast load.

2. About the usb port, will it work if I plug a usb controller in it? The controller was design for pc.

2a. What do they call the new ps3 controller? Dual shock 3?

If someone find the disadvantage about the ps3, post it in here.
:google:
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

And if you say it quickly 5 times after each other it starts to sound like sucksasses to me. Perhaps I can hold the controller in my hands today to see what it plays like. If there aren't 500 fanboys standing in the same line :P
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

SIXAXIS is Cherokee for "POS that ripsoff Nintendo but can't manage rumble". In my ancestors Chickasaw it means "sinking canoe".
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I saw a video of some on an Aussie gaming show and the hosts were playing a PS3 demo with a few games. What stood out to me was the annoying sound of the analogue sticks hitting the edge of where they sit. It was really loud and kinda distracting. Not sure if the host was just wearing a mic and that's why it sounded rather loud, but it was very noticeable while playing the games. :?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

I got to play it yesterday, and the controller is terrible. If you get a chance, try out L2 and R2. YUCK.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

APE wrote:SIXAXIS is Cherokee for "POS that ripsoff Nintendo but can't manage rumble".
I like the approach. Adding some extra functionality without compromising what they already had... Except, of course, rumble, but that prolly has to do with the dualshock lawsuit.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Sony claims it's because it would affect the motion sensor when I can say with absolute certainty it doesn't bother the Wii, but the Wii's rumble isn't very strong or used often, at least so far in Zelda. Sony merely didn't want to pay for licensing.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

APE wrote:Sony claims it's because it would affect the motion sensor when I can say with absolute certainty it doesn't bother the Wii, but the Wii's rumble isn't very strong or used often, at least so far in Zelda. Sony merely didn't want to pay for licensing.
I'm sure Sony has an Army of hardware engineers, why not just make it themselves?
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

DuffMan wrote:
APE wrote:Sony claims it's because it would affect the motion sensor when I can say with absolute certainty it doesn't bother the Wii, but the Wii's rumble isn't very strong or used often, at least so far in Zelda. Sony merely didn't want to pay for licensing.
I'm sure Sony has an Army of hardware engineers, why not just make it themselves?

They did make it themselves; unfortunately for them the technology was patented and they refused to pay for the right to use it.
It's thinking...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Cid Highwind wrote:
And if you say it quickly 5 times after each other it starts to sound like sucksasses to me. Perhaps I can hold the controller in my hands today to see what it plays like. If there aren't 500 fanboys standing in the same line :P
I've never seen lines for PS3 kiosks here... Most people aren't too impressed with it, except for a few idiots I saw who made moronic comments about how great Motostorm looked like (stuff like "Fuck 360!" and "AMAZING!" - too bad it ran almost in slomo and didn't have a great framerate...).
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Lartrak wrote:I've never seen lines for PS3 kiosks here... Most people aren't too impressed with it, except for a few idiots I saw who made moronic comments about how great Motostorm looked like (stuff like "Fuck 360!" and "AMAZING!" - too bad it ran almost in slomo and didn't have a great framerate...).
I don't see how anyone can praise Motostorm, considering it's max framerate is about 15. I also find it humorous how at Best Buy, the PS3, 360, and Wii set dormant while the PS2 with Guitar Hero hooked up draws huge crowds.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

melancholy wrote:
Lartrak wrote:I've never seen lines for PS3 kiosks here... Most people aren't too impressed with it, except for a few idiots I saw who made moronic comments about how great Motostorm looked like (stuff like "Fuck 360!" and "AMAZING!" - too bad it ran almost in slomo and didn't have a great framerate...).
I don't see how anyone can praise Motostorm, considering it's max framerate is about 15. I also find it humorous how at Best Buy, the PS3, 360, and Wii set dormant while the PS2 with Guitar Hero hooked up draws huge crowds.
I was at TRU and their 360 kiosk had the red lights of death. I thought it was hilarious.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

melancholy wrote:
Yeppers. Nobody plays the PS3 because the demo disc sucks ass (to play another demo you have to finish the one you're on), and it overheats constantly. The one behind the plastic case is a dummy, the real one is behind the metal door below it with NO ventilation. It overheats about every hour or so and one of us has to unlock the door and reset it.