what was your first computer/console?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

what was your first computer/console?

Post by spag »

i started this thread after stumbling across a commodore c-64 discussion in the emulation board.

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewto ... 2378#32378

anway... i thought it would be fun for us all to discuss our first own computer or game console. not necessarily the first one you played... or used... but the first that was almost your very own.

my first computer was a tommy tutor 16 bit thing. wasn't really great and had no way to save files (duh!!!). later i plinked on the commodore vic-20s my family had but didn't really fall in love until i got a commodore c-64 from a friend.

my first game console was a nintendo 64!!! my brother bought it for me when i was 13. it was great fun. but later he took it to my brother's to play it... and somehow it got sold... and i never saw it again. :( near that time i also got an super nintendo. that got stolen by (guess who?) after a while.

oh well, i'm now a sega lover apparently. but i love nintendo and mario just the same. good games are always loved. i don't bind myself to a single system. i just love dreamcast because it can do so much, emulate my old favorites, and was inexpensive so i could actually afford it!!!

okay, now you all tell me bout your first systems. :)
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

First machine was an Atari STfm 520. My first games on it were Super Hang-on and some shooting game that looked like space harrier but with an F16 or other such 'plane. Man those were the days.
I've actually still got all my systems and an uncle of mine donated his ST, with a whopping 4Mb [ :eek: ] of RAM, to me recently.
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

The first computer I used was a Sinclair ZX81 which belonged to my brother & sister. In hindsight it was rubbish (you had to manually program in the games each time you wanted to play on it :roll: ), but at the time we all thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

The first computer that I acually owned myself was an Amstrad CPC 464 with a Green Screen. This time you could actually buy games on cassette tapes, it also had Basic & I learned how to program very simple (but rubbish) programs of my own on it. I have been looking for emulators for this system (for PC), but the only ones I have found have not been very user friendly :(

I then sold that computer in the early 90s to get a Megadive, and I have been a Sega fan ever since.
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

well my 1st video game system was a gameboy my first game was tetris... still have it lying around somewhere... after that I bought an NES which i still play the odd time (bubble bobble 2 is addicting)
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

my pc im on now is my first one. and first console was a atari 5200.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

A2600 and Vic 20...

My parents had em b4 I was born.... and they blame ME for my games addiction :)
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

My first computer was a Commodore128. My first console was a Ninteno.

I regret selling both >_<
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

My first computer was a Spectrum 48k (with rubber keys!) and my first console was a NES super pack or something... it came with the zapper and duck hunt and Gyromite with the R.O.B. accessory... so obscure most of you wont even know Nintendo tried to introduce Robots as a serious gaming accessory :?

Anyone brought up on Ultimate: Play The Game (now known as Rare) and a NES has a special love for the big N...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

First to play was an Atari 2600, a C64, then Nintendo, an old PC with only 128k ram and no hd, Genesis, 32X, N64, Dreamcast, and the laptop I am using now. Still have them all :)
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

First Computer: Adam, baby! The one with the slow tape drive, and the cart drive... i'm not sure if it's actually a computer or just a console with a built in word processor and a printer. i still have it.

my first console? this thign... 6 games in one... ancient, it had Pong and some odd hockey game are the only two i remmeber. i broke it :(
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Mine was a commodore 64...

Ahh those were the days... The only annoying thing about it was that it had that Dos like command prompt thing.

At least it was easy to use ;)

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

My first was NES.

First PC i got was in 99 (yep, ive only been in the PC world for 3 years).

Acer 200 mhz, 32m of ram, 4 gig HD.

w00t
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

my first computer was an apple II e, my first gaming console was an intellavision.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

My sister had an NES and I played it all the time. She got pissed off because I was always in her room playing it, so she gave it to me and asked my parents if they could buy me a TV. They did. So I had an NES. It was a A few years later Jeeba Jabba got a SNES and I was wondering why I should buy this thing that I see no difference in when they have plenty of NES games at the rental store. "It has better graphics!" Jeeba Jabba said. "Wat are de grafiks?" I replied. "Oh Jeez... it LOOKS better!" he said. "Ohh..." I said, and saved up $60. I didn't have enough, so my sister threw in $70 or so (the person who works at Wal Mart is my mom's best friend so we gave her the money and she bought it with her 10% employee discount and she gave it to us). My dad bought a computer for Word Processing purposes (my sister always had to type documents for his construction business on a typewriter). I fell in love with it and was playing games like Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and other games of that sort (and I had no difficulty with DOS or Win3.11 at all, at least I learned something about computers each time I made the computer not boot up anymore :) ). A few years later I got a PSX, then a N64, then a little over a year ago I got a DC :) . I still never had internet acess and I still had my old Win3.11 60 MHz 400 Megs HDD 8 Megs RAM PC which I was sick of. PlEaSe PlEaSe GeT mE aOl I yelled to my parents. They would not. A month or two later, my PC's hard drive broke, and I got my dad to get a new computer, the one I'm on now. I still never had internet access. My mom is way too overprotective over the internet, every time something comes on TV this or that person got raped by some pedophile in a 3rd world country who used computers, she starts getting worried and yells at me. Anyways a few monthes later a finally got her to say yes to NetZero. I looked up a bunch of stuff on DC cause I had just gotten it, and eventually found this place :) .

I bought an Xbox in November.

Somewhere between there I got a GB and a GBC.

And now I know AOL sucks and I'm thankful for Bluelight.
It's thinking...
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

My first computer was a computer my dad built. It was a 286, and my fondest memories on it were playing the King's Quest games and Wolfenstein 3d. My first console is actually a tie with 2 consoles, they were the Atari 2600 and Colecovision. I got them both for Christmas. My parents told me that they got them when the systems were commercially dead so they were able to get me the 2 systems and a ton of games. I wish I would have saved them both.

Live and learn.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

My first computer was an Apple ||C, which I learned to count, and the letters of the alphabet on. The first console we had was the Atari 2600.

Now, my first system I owned was the Genesis model one. I asked for it after playing Sonic 1 over a friends house. And now, my first computer is the one I am using now, the Apple Macintosh Quicksilver G4 867.

Notice a trend? I stick with the underdogs, Sega and Apple.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

First game system was an Atari 7800. Boy do I know how to pick 'em. But it did open my world up to a ton of cheap 2600 games, which was good considering I didn't get much money for games.

First computer was an Atari 800, which my dad got me out of pity because I was spending a lot of time with the Atari 2600 Basic cartridge, which was horribly limited but I still found it fun.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Heliophobe wrote: First computer was an Atari 800, which my dad got me out of pity because I was spending a lot of time with the Atari 2600 Basic cartridge, which was horribly limited but I still found it fun.
Was this Atari 800 about the size of the QWERTY part of a modern computer keyboard? A friend's sister had an Atari machine which looked like a mini version of my ST.. could it have been the 800?
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

rock

Post by XPoGoX »

Console: Atari 2600 i belive,...parents bought it for me about 3 years after the nintendo came out, Its always nice growing up in a ghetto family, heh.
Hawq1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hawq1 »

First computer - Vic 20 with its mighty 3K of ram (well it was in the day at least), still have it as well.
First console - Sega Master System (got it cheap and enjoyed arcade conversions, after all those TV game things dont really count as consoles do they?).
Duty is weightier than a mountain while death is as light as a feather.

For those who get really bored, try to figure out where the line above comes from. Put answers in here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6188