9.9.99 - 9.9.03

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

9.9.99 - 9.9.03

Post by The Kron »

Its been four years since the US launch of the DC and the 5th anniversary of the Japanese launch is late November.

Anyone have any opinions/expectations from their experiences or thoughts for the future?
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

Man, Kron, it's people like you who reenforce my love for Dreamcast (not that it would ever wane or anything).

I was planning to release some awesome software by today, but alas, it's nowhere near completion :(

I'll keep working on it though. Perhaps I should set my goal to getting it in a wroking state by the end of today :)

My opinions:

4 years on and nothing has wowed me as much as Dreamcast did when it was released.
4 years ago, online console gaming was unleashed upon the world... today, people are just beginning to "get it".

expectations:
I expect Dreamcast to be re-released by the end of the year!
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
MooGliSH
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MooGliSH »

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Dreamcast
Happy Birthday to you
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

I love me DC..... my PS2 sucks ass... My DC is getting its ass sucked.... Nuff Sed :D

But I agree, nothing has EVER wowed me as much as the DC.... I remember I totally went off games and stuff when the PSX came out, and about a year after the DC was released I wandered into the local game store and they had 2 DC running next to each other.... one With DOA2, and one with SoulCalibur.... I pissed my pants and bought one.... and new pants... Yellow stains all colours. :D
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Wowie Zowie! I wonder if Sega is cooking up any birthday surprises... for non-Japanese citizens of the world, I mean.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

impetus wrote:Wowie Zowie! I wonder if Sega is cooking up any birthday surprises... for non-Japanese citizens of the world, I mean.
It would be nice, but I doubt it :(
LordNikon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LordNikon »

As far as thoughts for the future, it really would be great if someone was able to hash up some server software for online dreamcast games that have server input lines. Namly, Bomberman Online, and Outtrigger.

Outtrigger is online right now and fully functional, but it would definatly be nice to someday have software so users could set up their own servers incase this ever goes down. Since the only place you can play this game is on a dreamcast. (oddly enough i don't think it will anytime soon, for they jsut fixed a bunch of server problems it was having, which is odd, only reason they would do that is if they intended to keep it running)

Bomberman Online is non-functional right now, you can connect to the lobbies but can't make gamerooms. Might be a good idea if someone was going to jump on this idea, to do it soon so they could possibly analyze the packets.

I think this is a worthy cause.
http://www.onlineconsoles.com - online console gaming communities for the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Playstation 2
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Someone will work it out :)
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

I Rember walking into a compusa a long while back and looking up at one of those tv displays that was running some dreamcast football game. For the first minute or so of the demo i thought i was watching a real football game untill the menu came up. That made me want one so bad i just had to have it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I celebrate the DC birthday on Nov27 - which is the Japanese birthday, and my birthday too :D
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Its also the 5th birthday of Google.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

I really wanted one back then when it was released on 9.9.99 too bad it was so expensive I ended up getting it as a gift a year later.

But anyways hooray for Dreamcast.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Klonoa wrote:I really wanted one back then when it was released on 9.9.99 too bad it was so expensive I ended up getting it as a gift a year later.
Same with me, i waited till way after launch when the prices went way down. I ended up buying the Sonic Adventure bundle, which was the DC, a controller, a blue vmu, a demo disc, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Shuffle, all for $120 Canadian. I also bought Crazy Taxi and NFL 2K1 that day, eventhough i wanted the DC for only Crazy Taxi! The sonic games were a bonus :D
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

/me hugs my DC

I wub you DC :kiss)
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

I didnt get a dreamcast on 9.9.99 becuase i rushed out and got a segacd and a saturn on launch day and sega kinda dropped support so I didnt trust sega. I wanted till it dropped to 149.99 then i got it and ofcourse sega blew it again and I watched my 149.99 go down the drain. Don't get me wrong there are tons of great dc games I love but I have decided never to trust sega to support any product they make.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

SuperMegatron wrote:I wanted till it dropped to 149.99 then i got it and ofcourse sega blew it again and I watched my 149.99 go down the drain. Don't get me wrong there are tons of great dc games I love but I have decided never to trust sega to support any product they make.
At least it went out with a bang (Shenmue 2, Headhunter, Virtua Tennis 2, Rez). I never regretted purchasing a Dreamcast, not even for a second (and I think almost everyone here feels the same). And I paid a lot more for it than you did. Anyway, if you bought a lot of games you've probably spent a lot more on games than on the console. I really don't see how you could consider those 149.99 to be wasted.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

I still consider the Dreamcast the best purchace I've ever made :)
eqjase
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by eqjase »

i was at a software etc. 4 years ago at 5am waiting to be the first in my town to get a dc, since then ive had about 4 different dc's (stupid laser), the only thing that remotely holds a candle to the dc is the snes, but thats a different arguement..... but i mean come on ggx svc svc2 mvc mvc2 jojo lastblade fatal fury sfa3 sf3di sf3ts ssf2t what else do you need!? too bad it wont get svc chaos.......
DENJI..........
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Just reminds me how depressing it is that the PSOne is still having games made for it over here.

Ah well... Happy Birthday and long live the DC :D
MooGliSH
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MooGliSH »

Yellow stains all colours.
What about yellow :?: