level editor for unreal tournament dc

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
paradigm
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

level editor for unreal tournament dc

Post by paradigm »

I don't where to post this.. I was wondering if, since a backup of my own game is legal; is it possible to make new levels to use with unreal tournament for my dreamcast and then use them in a backup?.. I love the game but the levels are aging...
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I have not experimented with this myself, and do not know much about how the port was made and how compatable it is with the PC version, but if I recall correctly, each level was stored separatly as files in one of the game directories, if this is so, then I'd create a level and replace the level on the cd with the new one, using the old level's name.

I am not going to delete this topic, since you say you own an actual copy that is all that is important to me, I'd be interested in your results, but I'd expect this post to vanish soon, it is probably too risky a subject to be talking about in these forums, and does not look good for the scene or the page.
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

why not check out the file types, names and sizes to see if they are different?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Hmm I suppose if you have the coders bale it is possible IF the level formats are the same. But I have this feeling that it is very unlikely that they will be, because thats what usually happens with these sort of things. :(
Bling
YATTA!
YATTA!

Post by Bling »

a couple alumni's from my high school made my high school a unreal map...its really fun but character to map ratio is alittle off and characters are alittle small...... like playing de_rats for counter-strike
It's Thinking,
Bling
"I like my beers cold, and my homosexuals flamin'!"
http://www.ckymusic.com
**Spam Day AND NIGHT!!**
Pxtl
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Speaking of UTDC

Post by Pxtl »

Good question - I was pretty disappointed when I rented UTDC. I mean, I love UT and all, but it was unplayable on gamepads - only three control set ups, and they all stink - choose between not being able to aim and altfire at the same time, or not being able to move and jump at the same time. Really bad control design.

Anyhoo, while we're discussion fscking with UTDC, does anyone know a way to screw with the controls beyond what a menu can do? Like maybe Gmeshark codes or something? Playing mouse+keyboard games defeats the whole point of a console for me - if I wanted UTDC to be like that, I'd play on PC. Cramming 4 people around the console for UT would be awesome, but the current controls are just unplayable.
Single player is masturbation.
God_of_Abomination
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by God_of_Abomination »

I got a map from UTDC and the format is not the same as pc.
The files are in .dat and the pc is in .unr, also Unreal Editor isn't able to read .dat files
---------------------------------

PORTUGAL RULES!!!

---------------------------------
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

1) Backups of games are not legal. They need to be on the same medium. You don't have a GD Writer. ;)

2) We don't discuss the 'hacking' of Dreamcast games here.

TOPIC CLOSED
It's thinking...