Recommand a good optical mouse

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Thomas
Thomas
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Thomas »

|darc| wrote:
Inu_Sess__ wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably get the microsoft one thats' $24.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate.
Which one would that be?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... cmp=%20%20
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

All my hardcore gamer friends use the Logitech MX 300/500's. The 700's are wireless, so I wouldnt trust it.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Inu_Sess__ wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Inu_Sess__ wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I'll probably get the microsoft one thats' $24.99 with a $15 mail-in rebate.
Which one would that be?
when you get it.. wait till friday, call up ms tech support tell them it fucked up and you want a new one. And the store wont let you return it. If you get the right guy he'll let you exchange it. Just read off the # on the bottom and they send you a mouse -_-
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

btm4k wrote:All my hardcore gamer friends use the Logitech MX 300/500's. The 700's are wireless, so I wouldnt trust it.
seen lots of wireless mice at lans nowadays. They're a lot more reliable than they used to be. Should give them a try.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Random_Troll wrote:
btm4k wrote:All my hardcore gamer friends use the Logitech MX 300/500's. The 700's are wireless, so I wouldnt trust it.
seen lots of wireless mice at lans nowadays. They're a lot more reliable than they used to be. Should give them a try.
Hmm, maybe I will.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Inu_Sess__ wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Which one would that be?
Thats the exact one I got, has lasted me about 2/3 years now without a single fault.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I just have a basic $18 Logitech wired optical mouse. Works good. I've had it over a year, and no problems so far. I even smash it on my desk a lot, and it still works good.
theultimatechuff
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by theultimatechuff »

BlackAura wrote:theultimatechuff - Drivers?

I have a Logitech one. Nothing spectacular (USB wired optical) but it works so much better than any mechanical mouse, and I've never had any problems with it.
I guess it was quite a while ago, maybe things are improved. Had trouble binding the extra buttons in games.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I got a wireless, optic, rechargable mouse. No name really...something like Gellink I think. From Maplin. No probs so far...got a cool little solar panel on the top too incase I forget to put it on the charger :D
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

Veggita2099 wrote:My friend has one of those wireless deals. Maybe its just me, but it feels like there is a small delay in it, which is bad for games.
That's what I was wondering about -- do you feel any lag, or is that something that can be adjusted?

Rand.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I got that mouse I linked to, and I am quite happy with it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Rand Linden wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:My friend has one of those wireless deals. Maybe its just me, but it feels like there is a small delay in it, which is bad for games.
That's what I was wondering about -- do you feel any lag, or is that something that can be adjusted?

Rand.
I think I felt a little lag the first time I used it, but that might be because I had the receiver farther away. I can't tell at all now. The set I got is absolutely great, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

I love the keyboard too - They have the keys exactly like I like them - example, I use Home/End/Delete very often, but I never use Insert, and it's always a bother if I accidentily hit it. On this keyboard, Insert is gone (moved to Print Screen's "F Lock" secondary key), and Delete is double-sized.

I haven't found a problem with it besides the fact that it uses batteries, which can never be helped. Though with the NiMHs I get good battery times. I can't even tell you how often I change them, because I don't remember. KB takes 2, Mouse takes 2, so I have 6 batteries in case one of them dies out.

It's one Microsoft product I'm happy with.
It's thinking...
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

$8 one at circuit city.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

Vlad Tepes wrote:Boom!

Best damn mouse on the market. Logitec MX700 Cordless Optical Mouse. I, personaly, use a Microsoft optical mouse, and it's pretty good, but if you want a wireless mouse, the logitec MX700 is the only way to go IMO.
That's the best damn mouse ever. I have one and I love it.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

My friend gave me his old M$ laser when he got his logitech wireless setup.

Its worked great for me. I painted it a gloss-white (kind of sticky, good grip, until you sweat and it starts slipping). Its pretty tho.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

Rand Linden wrote:Do you guys have any problems with line-of-sight or transmission problems with the wireless mice?

How about maintenance and cleaning, etc?

Rand.
I can go about 25 feet away from the base (to where it is hard to even see my screen). Its RF. Its a logitech (Cordless Navigator Duo SE).

Optical, so virtually no cleaning.
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

Rand Linden wrote:

Rand.
Uh, I regularly play UT and havent noticed any lag. I use my logitech mouse paired with my belkin nostromo n50. ^_^

It also has a standard key layout, except added the "multimedia" top buttons. And the MX Navigator series has a scroll wheel on the left side that I really like. I cant really complain though, I won it from logitech, and only 10,000 of this model were made (the "SE" is just it being black instead of white, like the normal navigator duo).

(Also, one neat feature about the wireless keyboard is that the drivers feature keyboard encryption, if you so choose to enable it.)
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

|darc| wrote:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

That's what I use, and it's great. I love it.
I'm with darc on this one.. I don't have the keyboard, I just have the wireless mouse, now I need the keyboard without having to rebuy the mouse. Btw, I've had mind for a good 6 months. I love it. I paid 39.99 for mine out of a wal-mart. My friend has a opitical mouse but with a cord. Pay the extra cash and ditch the cord.. Once you get used to it, you'll never use a corded mouse again.. eww.. cords..
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Enki-14 wrote:
|darc| wrote:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

That's what I use, and it's great. I love it.
I'm with darc on this one.. I don't have the keyboard, I just have the wireless mouse, now I need the keyboard without having to rebuy the mouse. Btw, I've had mind for a good 6 months. I love it. I paid 39.99 for mine out of a wal-mart. My friend has a opitical mouse but with a cord. Pay the extra cash and ditch the cord.. Once you get used to it, you'll never use a corded mouse again.. eww.. cords..

This is the keyboard by itself, but... it's corded :cry: I didn't see any Microsoft keyboard that were wireless and didn't come with a mouse.
It's thinking...