does anyone have all legal software?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SuperMegatron »

I dont think I have a single legal hunk of software on my pc unless aol im counts I wont buy any thing i can get for free and i believe its legal to download stuff like office movie studios tried to sue vcr makers along time ago because people taped hbo movies instead of buying them it went to court and the ruling was you have a right to copy anything that comes into your house so if i dl windows xp its being broadcast into my house so i can copy it the dude distributing is the one breaking the law
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

The computer I use for uni work has all legal software.
Soulhunter123
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Soulhunter123 »

can i put my picture back up~? i mean, these guys have ALL admitted their software, i didnt admit anything!

ok ban me if you must but..........(sharp intake of breath)

removed again

**EDIT** aw.
Last edited by Soulhunter123 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Sheen shines everything clean.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Well the pic would count as Warez bragging which is against the rules :wink:

Anyway, no I don't have 100% legal software. For instance I buy games and then I sometimes use cd cracks on them. This is more for convenience than anything else and I couldn't care less whether it's legal or not. I also have a few other things but on the whole I like to support the companies who make the software I use.

I have to say I would find it incredibly surprising that anyone on an EMULATION site would have 100% completely legal content on thier computer but meh...I'm not going to insult someone's integrity by saying they don't. So if you are 100% legal then I take my hat off to you sir/madam :D
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

i have aim. who wants to cyber sex with me?

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
lim
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lim »

I'll do it, Zull. Only if I can give you a glass bottom boat ride-- through aim.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

CoasterKing wrote:I have to say I would find it incredibly surprising that anyone on an EMULATION site would have 100% completely legal content on thier computer but meh...I'm not going to insult someone's integrity by saying they don't. So if you are 100% legal then I take my hat off to you sir/madam :D
Well, my computer's HDD is pretty clean. I don't install much to it and when I do, it's either legally bought games or freeware / opensource or shareware.
My USB disk is a different matter though. It stores my media and emulation stuff. ;)
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

lim wrote:I'll do it, Zull. Only if I can give you a glass bottom boat ride-- through aim.
i'm better then that. by the end i'm gonna have you use your index finger to penetrate your asshole in circles.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

SuperMegatron wrote:I dont think I have a single legal hunk of software on my pc unless aol im counts I wont buy any thing i can get for free and i believe its legal to download stuff like office
Thats because you are OFFICIALLY a lamer.
Soulhunter123 wrote:can i put my picture back up~?
No, no you cannot.
CoasterKing wrote:I have to say I would find it incredibly surprising that anyone on an EMULATION site would have 100% completely legal content on thier computer but meh
Surprisingly easy if you live outside the US, surprisingly impossible under the DMCA :wink:
especially given that copyright issues are a civil matter not a legal one, and software != media
Last edited by Nyarlathotep on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Inu_Sess__ wrote:
404NotFound wrote:I may have an illegal app or two, but OfficeXP, WinXP, etc. I have legit (colleges give em out for free :) )

My mom just finished colledge again, when she was there we got WinXP Pro for $25 and office for $15 from the store at the university.
Yeah, I must complement MS on their lax and huge student discounts...

You can get stuff at like... sub OEM prices.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I think the real question is why would you bother with emulation if you own the originals? The only exception for me at least is playing my NES games, as my toploader is screwy. Of course, there are also people in colleges who have all their carts/discs elsewhere.
Soulhunter123
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Soulhunter123 »

i have an Amiga, MegaDrive, Dreamcast,Gameboy but I still have emulators for all ofthose on my laptop, and one for MegaDrive on DC ( :mrgreen: we all know which one i can use without problems, hehe. shame it was you know, illegal). :| BUT I DONT CARE
lim
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lim »

The PC scene as we now know it, wouldn't exist without piracy. If hobbyist groups in the 70's didn't pirate software to match up with their home made machines- we wouldn't have had people like Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs explode onto the scene with apple. The same can be said for precursors to the IBM pc and hobbyists who pirated software. Interestingly enough, Bill Gates, at the time, was super pissed against hobbyist groups using his and other kinds of software without his permission. He wanted them to be legally shut down, who knows what would've happened if he succeded.

Warez is a double edged sword, you've got bums who copy the work of others and try to make a profit, which is wrong. However, there are numerous other people who can develop things with software they could never afford and in the end, create really neat things. I'm sure if there were more small groups of talented people, like titanium studios, and more access to the dev kits to the dreamcast, we'd have neat games. However, under the letter of the law, such action always involves stealing. But much like the hobbyists in the 70's who illegally used software to make their primitive pc's run, people who warez always ultimately get what they want, no matter what bitching and whining goes on. Sometimes. :o
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

PC? Yes. No illegal software there.
Xbox? No. XDK emulators, ROMs, XDK apps, etc.
My sisters PC (She uses it to check her email and browse the web and listen to music)? She has Kazaa and has illegal downloaded mp3s, and I use her 15 gigabyte hard drive to back stuff onto. Tons of warez, movies, music, there.
It's thinking...
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

well software as in applications .. no. 2k was given to me in a pile of os's from a ms employee, office xp is a beta ( meh ms sent it to me their fault ) For the most part i use demos and maybe have one or two programs cracked.
Games.. Out of the 5 games or so I have 4 of them were purchased legally ( I don't play that many games )
Movies I have a bunch of homemade stuff that's about it
mp3s it's like 75/25 here. 75 being ripped from cds and the rest are from newsgroups
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

lim wrote:The PC scene as we now know it, wouldn't exist without piracy. If hobbyist groups in the 70's didn't pirate software to match up with their home made machines- we wouldn't have had people like Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs explode onto the scene with apple. The same can be said for precursors to the IBM pc and hobbyists who pirated software. Interestingly enough, Bill Gates, at the time, was super pissed against hobbyist groups using his and other kinds of software without his permission. He wanted them to be legally shut down, who knows what would've happened if he succeded.

Warez is a double edged sword, you've got bums who copy the work of others and try to make a profit, which is wrong. However, there are numerous other people who can develop things with software they could never afford and in the end, create really neat things. I'm sure if there were more small groups of talented people, like titanium studios, and more access to the dev kits to the dreamcast, we'd have neat games. However, under the letter of the law, such action always involves stealing. But much like the hobbyists in the 70's who illegally used software to make their primitive pc's run, people who warez always ultimately get what they want, no matter what bitching and whining goes on. Sometimes. :o
I've hardly read so much misinformation in one place.
Titanium Studios is an actual development team, they were the ones who ported Quake 3 to the Dreamcast, they did the first Quake on a 2-day lark or something like that to prove the ease of porting across using the WinCE tools.
No signature.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

My Linux hard drive is totally legal at the moment. My windows drive that contains my storage partition is another story though ;)

BTW, I get upgrade versions of Windows, Office, and Norton Antivirus Corporate for free download or $10 on CD because I'm a student hehehehehe
Soulhunter123
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Soulhunter123 »

i can get other things on cd for 10 quid hehe

if only you coulda seen my pic...
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster