Feet of Fury

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Feet of Fury

Post by Nico0020 »

I just ordered feet of fury yesterday, and sent my money order today. but im kinda curious about something. I bought it basicly for two reasons: 1.to have and play it, 2. to support the makers in hope they have other projects. But im kinda curious about something, How many preorders were made, and orders in total? and was much money made off it?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob
Been thanked: 0

Post by ShadowofBob »

Try asking Dan in the Consolevision forums. He posts there regularly.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

That is actually classified. Trust me I know....
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

Warmachine wrote:That is actually classified. Trust me I know....
Ah yes...warmachine knows well the consequences of those who ask for confidential information. Actually, he knows that we aren't allowed to say anything about it :) As a matter of fact, I don't even know how we're doing anymore. I know all is going relatively well, but we still have a lot to sell before another project is deemed "worth it".

Unless, for some odd reason, FoF1 gets SERIOUSLY popular, we'll be moving on to something other than a dancing/music/beat game. I've got some ideas, Dan's got some ideas, we've brainstormed a bit and come up with some REALLY neat stuff that would make very interesting and original games, but we don't have the funds to do it yet. Artists are our number one weakness. Can't seem to hold onto 'em. They get too busy too fast. Ah...memories...

So anyway, we can't say anything about the selling of FoF, but if we totally sell out of them, I suppose we'll let the boards know :)

Thanks for the support everyone!
-Love 'n Bass, Peace 'n Space-
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
Cryptic Allusion Games / Cryptic Allusion, LLC
http://www.cagames.com/
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

hopefully someone will put it on ebay at some stage. Cos I really want one and I want to support them, but shipping is heavy
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

If I were CA, ebay is the first place I would sell it.
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

farrell2k wrote:If I were CA, ebay is the first place I would sell it.
Sounds good...I'll stick one up there to see how it does :)

Here ya go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3030217589

Bid away...
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
Nintenter
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Nintenter »

my mom wont let me bid.... :cry:
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

Nintenter wrote:my mom wont let me bid.... :cry:
Wow...that sucks. What if you tell her that it's for a good cause? Think of it as making a contribution to the group that is like an independent label music group. If we don't have the support of fans like you, the whole country will end up being corporate, and boring. There ya go :) Now, if that doesn't get her, make sure you've got some onions handy to make with the tears. Tears always got my mom. (Hi, Mom!)
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
Totally
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Totally »

I'd love to buy Feet of Fury to help support CA Games in order to help them make future projects... but jeeze... $35.90? Sheesh... I cant pay $16 for delivery... shame, really... (based on goatstore.com pricing)
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

Totally wrote:I'd love to buy Feet of Fury to help support CA Games in order to help them make future projects... but jeeze... $35.90? Sheesh... I cant pay $16 for delivery... shame, really... (based on goatstore.com pricing)
No biggie...as soon as CA and the Goat Store get everything figured out (and trust me, we are REALLY ARE working on it as we speak) overseas, the shipping will be much easier on everyone across the pond.

Other than that, have you checked out my auction? Link is a couple of posts before this. I'm only going to auction off this one copy though, so get it while you can :)
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Nintenter, you otta do what I do. What is ur ISP. I use MSN so since I dont have a credit card, I regestered at ebay and gave them my main MSN isp account (my parents account)and they will let u regester. Then just pay with everything via money order. by the time my dad found out I was bidding, it was to late and he doesnt care anymore. :D
*The Cadillac of signatures*
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

$35.90? Sheesh

Is that in American Dollars? i live in canada, and that's between $45-$50 canadian :o not the kind of cash i'd like to spend on a homebrew
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

JoeyStyles66 wrote:
$35.90? Sheesh

Is that in American Dollars? i live in canada, and that's between $45-$50 canadian :o not the kind of cash i'd like to spend on a homebrew
not the kind of money I would spend on a DC game period.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

M ost users bid in the last 12 - 20 hours, so I am watching with interest to see how this sells. I wish you luck. Have you considered selling unsigned copies using buy it now? I would also advertise it on there as something along the lines of "Brand new games for the Sega Dreamcast!" I am sure a title like that would be more appealing to the eye. Using words like homebrew will tend to give invoke the feeling that the work is of a lower quality than anything else they could buy. It sounds silly, but this is the mind of the conditioned consumer.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

I am going to stop posting after this, because I don't want to seem like I am telling you what to do.

This game NEEDS to be advertised in action, adventure - the most popular catagory. If it's not a sports or a fighting game, stick that bad mofo there.

use the word rare, and also mention that it is #x of 100 in title. Let the casual broswer know that it is rare.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I'm curious: Is Feet of Fury actually on a GD-ROM?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Lartrak wrote:I'm curious: Is Feet of Fury actually on a GD-ROM?
Negative.
It's thinking...
DJ Geki
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by DJ Geki »

farrell2k wrote:I am going to stop posting after this, because I don't want to seem like I am telling you what to do.

This game NEEDS to be advertised in action, adventure - the most popular catagory. If it's not a sports or a fighting game, stick that bad mofo there.

use the word rare, and also mention that it is #x of 100 in title. Let the casual broswer know that it is rare.
I REFUSE to put "rare" in the title. I'll put that in the description because it's true, but I hate it when people mark something "RARE" and it's not...I usually ignore those auctions (i.e.,"Samauri Shodown 1 NEO MVS RARE!!(sic)"). I don't want anyone to ignore this so I just posted it as it is. A Signed Feet of Fury Homebrew Dreacast Game. Also, when people cross post in the wrong category it annoys me, so I placed it where it belongs. If it gets less hits because of that, I really don't care. The people who I WANT to bid are right here on these message boards. Also, there are no numbers on the discs, so there's no way to tell which one it is.
Roddy T. - DJ Geki
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Fiddy bucks - not too shabby. I bet it sells for over $100. Maybe you should sign a few more copies and make them available. :wink:

I would also consider changing that title, and selling unsigned copies as well, but
good luck in whatever you choose to do, CA guys.

If only I had a product to sell....