Next gen pick?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.

Your next gen pick

PC
17%
Xbox One
6%
Playstation 4
17%
Wii U
33%
Dreamcast 2
6%
Dont really care you faggot
6%
Taco bell
17%

Total votes: 18
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Next gen pick?

Post by ben15dc »

I have to go with Xbox one..I enjoyed my 360 a lot more then my ps3. I enjoyed the ps1 a lot, Though when the Dreamcast came out and the ps2 was part of it's demise I have been kind of biased since then..
Specially Cork

Re: Next gen pick?

Post by Specially Cork »

PS4 and a Wii U eventually.

I much prefer Sony's exclusive offerings to Microsoft's, and as disappointed as I am with the Wii U, I know Nintendo will drop some AAA titles sooner or later.

It's all about the games at the end of the day, and I don't like Halo or Gears of War so...ehhh.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

PC--I'm more inclined to get a gaming PC once I move into my new house and have space for it. My desk right now is taken up by my work stuff (I work from home). I haven't built a machine since 2005 and have been using Macs since then though...

Not interested in the Xbox One, and all the details surrounding it are BS. I wasn't likely to get one anyway but MS completely lost me after that reveal.

Not interested in the PS4, and Sony's history (not just DC/Sega vendetta stuff, I seriously can't stand them as a company otherwise) doesn't exactly make me want to even try to like their stuff.

Wii U - I'm interested, but at the moment there aren't enough titles to get me to pull the trigger on buying one

Dreamcast 2 - I'd probably buy this even if it sucked just for the novelty of it, but I'd need to know more details

Taco Bell - I get this fairly often
It's thinking...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

You put in a lot of jokes for a serious poll.

But I have to say I don't care. I bought the Wii, 360 and PS3 just to make the last generation passable.

The Wii was a novelty but the Graphics seriously hurt the systems life, and the best games on it for me were RE4 (which I already played on Gamecube) and Wii Sports.

The 360 was a good system but Microsoft was really stingy and even though I bought the most expensive unit available, I still did not get a controller with built in battery or Wifi. Then there was the crazy piracy on the system that made me feel like an idiot for buying licensed games.

So end of the day I would have been better off just buying a PS3. Controllers came with built in Battery and the system came with built in Wifi and eventually it incorporated the Wii controls.

This time I will not early adapt to anything. I think the current generation has more then enough juice left to at least last 2 more years. We will talk 2 years later, that is when I will start planning and probably buy around 2016.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

We have a Wii U, mainly for first-party titles and to replace the broken Wii.

From what I've seen so far, I have absolutely no interest in the PS4 or the Xbox One; not only do I find them unnecessary, but they both seem to be a major step in the wrong direction.

I plan to stick with the PS3 as our "main" contemporary console for as long as they continue to release games for it. After that, who knows? It seems like the stage is set for someone to step in and seriously disrupt the game console business.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

I'm interested to see how the whole used game issue plays out on the PS4 and Xbox1, I think it could be one of the factors for a system to fail. The always online deal with Xbox1 is annoying as well. The Wii-u just doesn't seem to have enough changes/upgrades to even call it a new next gen system. Needless to say the games will be the important factor for all consoles. I'll buy the Xbox1 firstly, not right away but a couple years from launch. Maybe eventually I'll have all of the new next gen consoles years from now. Kinda like this generation which i recently just got a PS3 and Wii.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I'll be getting a ps4. After my 3rd xbox 360 died I just gave up and went for a ps3. It's been pretty good and a fairly slick console. Don't have any interest in returning back to MS. Still, I probably wont buy either any time soon. I bought a pretty beefy alienware laptop last year and with HDMI out and a xbox 360 controller, I can get my big screen couch sitting gaming on just fine.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Steam big picture? I have a Asus gaming laptop. That works pretty neat for the compatible games anyway.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

xboxone has lost me. Ive been an avid xbox player since the original console launched. But after all the announcements i'll be done. As far as exclusives go, they will never make the next Banjo Kazooie or Perfect Dark game that I want. And I don't need anymore Halo, Gears, Fable, or Forza in my life.

PS4 will be the same damn thing I expect. Dont care about any sony exclusives, and I have a good feeling Sony will be doing the same things MS will regarding DRM.

and the WiiU....yea don't need that.

So maybe its going to be a steambox for me, I already hook my laptop up to my TV for big picture mode. Hopefully a dedicated steambox will help streamline that a bit more.

It's a sad day for console gaming indeed. The console as we have known it for the past 30 years is dead. These things will still make a ton of money due to the COD/Madden people who need their new game every year. But I wont be apart of it.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I already have a Wii U, and I put down $100 on a PS4 preorder today. I know that somewhere down the road I'll probably get an Xbox One, but not for a very long time.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

MEGA MAN IN SMASH BROS

I REPEAT

MEGA MAN IN SMASH BROS

BUY ALL THE WII U CONSOLES!!!
It's thinking...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

After Snake and Sonic in the previous game, I was surprised they didn't go after more franchises that Nintendo's been close with in the past. Things like Pac-Man trophies, playable Simon Belmont, maybe a Tetris stage....

I was also surprised that they haven't made Miis playable.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Greatest, nerdiest thing I've seen this week:

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Love Smash Bros, probably enough to buy a Wii U to play it.

But it's also on 3DS and I love that little thing so Ill be sticking with that version.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Specially Cork wrote:Love Smash Bros, probably enough to buy a Wii U to play it.

But it's also on 3DS and I love that little thing so Ill be sticking with that version.
One notable difference: the 3DS version will have stages based on handheld games. The Wii U version will have stages based on console games. Also, portable version of a game like Smash Bros. only makes sense if you know other people with the system (which is why I never bought MarioKart 7). I love it, but I'm not there for the single-player mode.

Nintendo's lineup is very conservative (new Mario, new Zelda, new MarioKart, new Donkey Kong, new Smash Bros... basically checking things off the list of "what we need each time we have a new console"), yet each one of those games still looks like something I want to play.

A few other things that may sell you on the WIi U:
- Donkey Kong. I don't know if you played the first Donkey Kong Country Returns, but it's an amazing game. Definitely the best sidescrolling platformer in the last decade, and one of the best ones ever made. All the sequel has to do is keep building on that formula and it's an instant winner.
- Sonic. There's a new Sonic game coming out, and it's a Wii U exclusive. Sonic Colors was the first Sonic game that actually got it rigut since the Genesis, and its follow-up--Generations--only really fell down as a result of being tied to other, inferior games... so I have high hopes for this one. It looks like they've finally figured out this whole "modern Sonic" thing. Also, the trailer makes it look very, very much like a revival of the long-lost Sonic Xtreme.
- MarioKart 8. Looks like they borrowed a lot from both Diddy Kong Racing and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Transformed, both to the game's benefit. There appear to be some significant new gameplay mechanics.
- Watch Dogs. This is a multiplatform release, this one actually looks like a title that stands to gain a lot from the Wii U's "Game Pad" controller.
- Super Mario 3D World: Did you play Super Mario 3D Land? It's like that, mixed with the 4 player co-op of the "New Super Mario" series.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Colors was also considered a revival as it had 6 planets and Sonic teaming up with Aliens.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Oh I'll get a Wii U eventually, it's just more an issue of when. There's zip I want right now - Mario 3D World looks like the first game to change that, but I can't see myself getting one this year just for that.

With Tales of Xillia, GTAV, Pokemon X/Y, and FFX/X-2 HD all out before Christmas...that's like 400+ hours of great gaming across only four titles. So at my rate that's all my gaming done until...summer 2015? :P

Also very interested in WATCH_DOGS but Ubisoft are the masters of wasting a good premise with laziness so we'll see.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Nintendo's conference was easily the weakest this year. Yeah, Smash Bros will probably be cool, and DKC will probably be alright, but the rest was not that exciting. Mario World 3D is nowhere near the game I wanted. I was hoping for another huge and exciting game like Galaxy, not a 3DS port. Watching the trailer, it just doesn't look that fun. The 3DS Zelda news that it will have the exact same map as LttP is also disappointing. Mario Kart looks like Mario Kart, only with a driving on walls mechanic. And the Sonic exclusive looks terrible.

There was just nothing there that made me pumped like some of the other conferences. I'm getting even more worried about Nintendo now.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:The 3DS Zelda news that it will have the exact same map as LttP is also disappointing.
I'm just not looking forward to the game as much as I usually would be because of this. I'm sure it won't be a bad game, but exploring the world is all part of the fun.

I also know what you mean about Mario 3D World. There's nothing wrong with simplicity in games, but taking stuff off the 3DS to try and sell an your HD home console is a little backwards. Wii U needs a big epic masterpiece.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Random observation: the music in the Sonic: Lost Worlds trailer sounds suspiciously like the music from Space Harrier.