Smash Bros. Brawl delayed AGAIN

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Smash Bros. Brawl delayed AGAIN

Post by |darc| »

March 9th, this time.
It's thinking...
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Has thanked: 0

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl delayed AGAIN

Post by Calavera »

Nintendo confirmed that the Wii brawler had been delayed from its planned February release to a March 9 launch.

“The launch date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl has shifted a few weeks to March 9. The development is taking slightly longer than expected. As we're sure you have seen… the game contains an unprecedented number of characters, options and experiences. Be sure to keep an eye on the Dojo site for the latest information.”

On the official Smash Bros. Brawl website Nintendo has since added the following statement from the game’s director, Masahiro Sakurai

“I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

The Japanese version of the title, originally slated for a late-January release, has now been pushed back to a February release, while a European release date has yet to be announced.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
Been thanked: 0

Post by APE »

|darc| wrote:March 9th, this time.
Like you planned on even paying for it.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

It's a fair trade to be able to play as Pikmin and Olimar
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Why do they delay the game every time a new character is announced? The last delay was announced immediately after announcing Sonic as a playable character.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Maybe because they know it's the only way to keep people like me from punching/throwing something across the room? :lol:
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I got an email from walmart.com (I preordered from them) about a month ago telling me that the game was delayed until March 9th. I simply assumed it was a mistake on their part because I heard nothing from any of the major gaming sites.

I think that shows that Nintendo has known for a while now that it was going to be delayed, and was keeping a character that would go over really well with the fans for this ocassion. I would not be surprised if this game ends up as an August/September or perhaps even November release.

I am having flashbacks of Twilight Princess.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

mrandyk wrote:I got an email from walmart.com (I preordered from them) about a month ago telling me that the game was delayed until March 9th. I simply assumed it was a mistake on their part because I heard nothing from any of the major gaming sites.

I think that shows that Nintendo has known for a while now that it was going to be delayed, and was keeping a character that would go over really well with the fans for this ocassion. I would not be surprised if this game ends up as an August/September or perhaps even November release.

No possible way this will happen. April *latest*, but I'm 95% sure they will keep this March date. With the Japanese version coming out at the end of *this* month, there isn't all that much localization left to do. The game is in final stages of production, they just needed a bit more time to accomplish this. In truth it was probably a week or two left of work [to add the new chars], but they likely projected it out in case they wanted to add anymore or anything else... or, more likely, just to be safe.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

MulletMan13 wrote:
mrandyk wrote:I got an email from walmart.com (I preordered from them) about a month ago telling me that the game was delayed until March 9th. I simply assumed it was a mistake on their part because I heard nothing from any of the major gaming sites.

No possible way this will happen. April *latest*, but I'm 95% sure they will keep this March date. With the Japanese version coming out at the end of *this* month, there isn't all that much localization left to do. The game is in final stages of production, they just needed a bit more time to accomplish this. In truth it was probably a week or two left of work [to add the new chars], but they likely projected it out in case they wanted to add anymore or anything else... or, more likely, just to be safe.
What, like a boatload of games sinking in the ocean?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Would you rather have a game delayed a few months, or a game like Nights Journey of Dreams where you wish it had been delayed?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:Would you rather have a game delayed a few months, or a game like Nights Journey of Dreams where you wish it had been delayed?
Let's not even bring up Nights. Most depressing story of 2007.