My website idea. (No joke)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My website idea. (No joke)

Post by stagg »

Ok, well I wanted to make a site that listed a bunch, if not all fast food places. It would have most their menu, and it would have the food in order from most popular and so on. Basicly it would be used if you wanted to get something from lets say taco bell, but wern't sure what to get but you wanted something new. So you looked, and saw like crunch wrap supreme was number 1, You could go, try it, then rate it after and so on. Sadly the name I wanted to use for it was taken.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Sure, why not.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Why not go to the Taco Bell website?
It's thinking...
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Darcus Magnus wrote:Why not go to the Taco Bell website?
Because they don't tell you what people like.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

That could turn out well.

Do it.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Sounds like a good idea.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

How about a website to recommend tasty and healthy food instead of pointing people towards fast food.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Xylene wrote:How about a website to recommend tasty and healthy food instead of pointing people towards fast food.
Because I have been eating fast food all my life and I am not fat? Maybe they should google some workout routines instead.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

stagg wrote:
Xylene wrote:How about a website to recommend tasty and healthy food instead of pointing people towards fast food.
Because I have been eating fast food all my life and I am not fat? Maybe they should google some workout routines instead.
It has nothing to do with being fat. Just because you exersize doesn't mean you're healthy.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Xylene wrote:
stagg wrote:
It has nothing to do with being fat. Just because you exersize doesn't mean you're healthy.
And just because you're not fat doesn't mean your healthy either.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

ace wrote:
Xylene wrote:
stagg wrote:
No offence Ace, or Xylene, but I am not going to sit there everyday and worry about what I eat, I'm active, and fit, thats good enough for me, when I see signs of myself slowing down, then, maybe I will look at what I eat.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

stagg wrote:
ace wrote:
Xylene wrote:
stagg wrote:
No offence Ace, or Xylene, but I am not going to sit there everyday and worry about what I eat, I'm active, and fit, thats good enough for me, when I see signs of myself slowing down, then, maybe I will look at what I eat.
Who said anything about sitting around and worrying about what you eat? Just be smart about it. It's common sense to know when too much is too much.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

ace wrote:
Xylene wrote:
stagg wrote:
That's what I was trying to say. You can be fat or skinny, exersize or not and still be either healthy or not, but eating fast food more than "once in a while" is not healthy whether you're fit or not.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

If it's common sense, then why should he recommend healthy food over fast food? I'm sure the only people checking out his site would be the same people who have already made up their minds to go out for fast food in the first place.

I say go for it.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I really don't think stagg's idea of a website is going to make America any fatter. It just helps people out who are looking for a good place to grab a bite to eat while on break or something. If a website recommends a certain brand of smokes, do you think it's going to affect peoples' smoking habits?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:I really don't think stagg's idea of a website is going to make America any fatter.
I didn't say it would. All I meant is, if you're going to promote good food, atleast promote good food. Everyone knows what fast food places sell, you see it all day on television and you shouldn't need someone else's opinion on whether the new quad stacker is good or not, if you like beef and cheese, you would already know. It would be one thing if he was promoting real restaurants where the food could possibly be unique and worth looking to see if people like it or not, not Taco Bell's new taco when it all tastes the same anyway.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Good point Xylene.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Xylene wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:I really don't think stagg's idea of a website is going to make America any fatter.
I didn't say it would. All I meant is, if you're going to promote good food, atleast promote good food. Everyone knows what fast food places sell, you see it all day on television and you shouldn't need someone else's opinion on whether the new quad stacker is good or not, if you like beef and cheese, you would already know. It would be one thing if he was promoting real restaurants where the food could possibly be unique and worth looking to see if people like it or not, not Taco Bell's new taco when it all tastes the same anyway.
exactly, thanks.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Have a zipcode radius and find local resturaunts, let them post menus and allow people to post reviews. Sounds like a good idea, the problem is you might as well hand the idea over to someone else since you have no means at all of bringing it to life.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Problem is every fast food change seems like they have new items every week(or month). Also the rank of each item can change really quick. Just don't see it being a worthwhile site unless you wanted to update it every day.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665