Real info on the Nintendo Revolution

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Real info on the Nintendo Revolution

Post by butters »

Big things to come in small package

Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?art ... page=other
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

gaming-focused features
i love how ninty doesn't try and make an all purpose media center.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

I think im looking forward to seeing what nintendo has the most...out of the big three.
Mario Kart dd was one of the best mutiplayer games this last year...other then that my gamecube didnt get much play. Heres to hoping the revolution is not a failure.
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

Nintendo are failures. After the SNES, it was all downhill. Don't get me wrong, I loved my NES and SNES back in the days. But they're fighting a losing battle by going up against media-giants Sony and Microsoft.

R.I.P Nintendo.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

F8 wrote:Nintendo are failures. After the SNES, it was all downhill. Don't get me wrong, I loved my NES and SNES back in the days. But they're fighting a losing battle by going up against media-giants Sony and Microsoft.

R.I.P Nintendo.
They're still making money. Therefore, they're not failures. Pretty simple equation, really.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

I hate when people talk like that F8. Nintendo have made consistent profits almost every quarter, which means they are a successful business.

I'm excited about the wireless connection. Hopefully they will make a game I can control using the touch screen on my DS. Also good that they implemented backwards compatability, which means developers won't get discouraged from devving for the Gamecube because they know it will work on the next gen system.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

more info on the new Ninty console

* Perrin Kaplin, Nintendo of America’s VP for corporate affairs, went on record with the following tidbits about the Revolution - that will be released sometime next year:
-Wireless controllers
-Backwards compatibility (with the GameCube)
-Internet will be important
-WiFi ready out of the box
-Sleek design that will stand on its side (she said the size would be the same as 3 DVD cases sitting on top of each other)
-DVD format discs (and it will play DVD movies)
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

Now we just need an approximate price. I'll pawn some crap if I have to if it's worth it.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Nintendo is way more successful as a business than MS. MS is paying out the butt to make the Xbox. Now with the 360, it looks as though they're digging themselves into a hole.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

I think people forget just how successful Nintendo's Gameboy derivatives are. As long as kids keep buying every incarnation of Pokemon Nintendo will never go out of business.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Nintendo is far from being a failure. Please know the facts before posting. The market can certainly support 3 consoles at once. Plus Nintendo is basicly printing their own money with the gba.

And thank goodness they are going online. As a loyal Ninteno fan, I'm glad M$ proved that online gaming on consoles can be done while being profitable.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

I think i'll probably end up getting this over the Xbox360. But it still depends a lot on the games. Hopefully Ninty will get some solid 3rd party support
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

after the last two generations of sony products, and this hippy designy crap MS played up with, my eyes are fixed on ninty, if they come out with something decent, i will go for ninty again

i liked the xbox this time around, it took me some time to get one after being very loyal to the cube

but if this new xbox's apearance is any indication, i will drop M$ like a brick, and go for ninty again, from what ive heard the N5 looks like one damn cool device, cant wait
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

F8 wrote:Nintendo are failures. After the SNES, it was all downhill. Don't get me wrong, I loved my NES and SNES back in the days. But they're fighting a losing battle by going up against media-giants Sony and Microsoft.

R.I.P Nintendo.
Riggghhhhtttt.... And i am Shigeru Miyamoto...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Butters wrote:I think people forget just how successful Nintendo's Gameboy derivatives are. As long as kids keep buying every incarnation of Pokemon Nintendo will never go out of business.
If I recall correctly, there are more GBAs out there than PS2s. Hurray.

I do hope Nintendo can turn it around a bit though.. I don't want the Revolution to be their final system. They did a number of things right on the Cube, but enough bad that I don't think they gained anything.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

The problem is the massive amount of people who will buy Sony's hype...again.

They're saying the PS3 is insanely powerful. Anyone remember with the PS2 and DC? Yeah, like I'm gonna buy that shit again.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy a PS3 at launch as well, just not gonna expect it to be the shit.
Very sexy hero, omg
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

The thing is by the time good games start appearing for the PS3 I'll finally have a degree and hopefully a decent job and should have some disposable income, and if it's backwards compatable with previous incarnations of the Playstation I'll definitely get one.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

To me, it depends on where the majority of rpgs will go. That will be the one I get first and I'll consider the others if they have games I want to play. I started with a PS2, then both the xbox and GC started having games come out that I wanted to play, and I eventually picked those up as well.

I would have never been able to do this when I was a student/gradf student. Ironic in that I ended up having more money but much less time. It will take me a year to get through what I have now.
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

Lartrak wrote:

R.I.P Nintendo.
They're still making money. Therefore, they're not failures. Pretty simple equation, really.
Console wise the only titles that are selling are Nintendo's, and all others with the exception of RE4 are collecting dust on shelves.
Add to this that most htird party publishers are canceling all cube projects in favor of more profitable games on the other consoles; sounds familiar doesn't it? That happened back with the N64.And one can argue that Nintendo just ain't what it used to be.

I too am more anxious about what Nintendo has in store. I just hope that the hype lives up to expectations. I am glad that the revolution will be backwards compatible. That was a wise decision.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

The fact still stands that Nintendo is not losing money and they have already claimed they're not going third party. As long as they continue to make money, I don't see them backing out on those claims.
It's thinking...