Wrath of Sega: Act 1....Kmart

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Chalavet »

With the demise of the Dreamcast and Sega forced from being a 1st party developer and console maker, we all know that Sega will kick butt and take names as they bring terrific games to every system, but Sega's wrath will also come by several forms of attack. The first wave appears to be Kmart. Kmart, as several may know, used to carry Dreamcast games and hardware, but they decided not to pay and so they were taken to court by Sega. In rebuttal, Kmart stopped carrying Sega stuff resulting in less Dreamcast merchandise available for customers to purchase which only helped in leading to the downfall of the system. In true poetic justice, Kmart is facing the invisible wrath of Sega. With an incredible debt in hand, Kmart has had to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and restructuring. You can read all about it here:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/691999.asp

Act 2...Electronics Arts...to be continued.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

Wal-mart stopped carrying Dreamcast games a long time ago around here. They still have a few mem cards and such but thats it.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Walmart is just weird like that. A month ago, they had very little (3 titles total). I went back about a week ago and they had atleast 12 different titles. I guess it all depends on the suppliers. Best Buy for instance appears to carry mostly games by Ubi Soft, Infogrames, Sega, and a little Capcom. Other than those 4, that is all.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Speaking of K-Mart...

They just filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and will be soon expected to close up all of their stores :)
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

They aren't going to close up all of their stores, but they will close down those that aren't making money. They underwent a lot of expansion a year ago as can be seen as some stores have been remodeled and others look quite old.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Oh plop.

PLEASE don't tell me this will affect the Bluelight Unlimited internet service provider. I mean, I hate KMart as a store, but in my area, they've got the best damn dial-up service.
It's thinking...
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

yea, and kmart bans a lot of music too. like they banned alanis morrisette and marilyn manson i think. i guess they are going for a family image but they seem like snotty hillbillys to me. kind of an oxymoron, i guess.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Chalavet wrote: In true poetic justice, Kmart is facing the invisible wrath of Sega. With an incredible debt in hand, Kmart has had to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and restructuring. You can read all about it here

http//www.msnbc.com/news/691999.asp
Jeeba Jabba wrote: Speaking of K-Mart...

They just filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and will be soon expected to close up all of their stores :)
Do you even read the topics anymore before spamming them? LOL, just kidding.
Hatecrime69
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hatecrime69 »

the kmart near me has gone really downhill the last time i went to it, they installed shopper-olny checkouts (nobody working at the checkouts anymore, you do everything yourself)
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

thats not really going downhill. all kinds of grocery stores are doing that now also. although it seems like its even longer now to checkout.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Hatecrime69
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hatecrime69 »

to me it does, that's less people they don't have to hire and pay and I feel it's stupid for me to do that myself at that one place when every other place i have ever been to has real people there (includeing walmart) not to mention they have nothing worth buying at their prices compared to walmart
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Well the K-mart in my area has a little ceasers pizza inside it where on wednesday's you can get a medium one topping pizza for 4.99 thats a good deal...........I've never been in a Walmart :cry:
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Well the K-mart in my area has a little ceasers pizza inside it where on wednesday's you can get a medium one topping pizza for 4.99 thats a good deal :roll:

:eek:
Shoot I tried to stop the other post in order to fix it up but I guess it sent anyways.......sorry :?
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

only time i ever go to wal-mart is if i want to be surrounded by 1000 people and with crying babies and kids running everywhere. id rather go to k-mart or target where its more peacefull shopping and pay a extra dollar or two. welll worth it. and usually k-mart is cheaper.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I'm not crazy about any of the super store places, but I've started shopping at K-Mart more than Target or Wal-Mart because a while ago a K-Mart was built 3 blocks from my house...I can pretty much walk over there. Not to mention they have cheap gas. As for K-Mart not selling certin music or whatever...I'd much rather buy music from K-Mart than Wal-Mart, because Wal-mart edits their CDs. And I seem to remember Wal-Mart editing games some years ago as well.

And I happen to like being able to check myself out. I think it's better than having to deal with the grumpy people at the registers...and it speeds things up around here...seeing as how there are usually only 2 out of 20 registers open at any given time at K-Mart