Game System Awards

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Game System Awards

Post by Veggita2099 »

Here is a thread to nominate what you think the best or worst game system is. I say we leave out any system before the NES, but if you have the urge to use them for got it. For this topic the awards are:

Best and worst built system: This has nothing to do with power, but how well it was put together.

Best and worst looking system: Just how good it looks. Once again nothing to do with power.

System with best/worst controller setup: Basically what you think of the controller(s) that came with it.

Yea none of these topic's have anything to do with the actual games, but still.

Anyways mine are:

Best built system: - Super Nintendo. That thing always works, and you can drop it and it still works.

Worst built system: - None other the toaster NES. Even after being cleaned you still have to fiddle with the games to get it to work sometimes.

Best looking system: - Id have to say the N64. Yea it is awkward looking, but its also very unique.

Worst looking system - Playstation 1, that is just the ugliest looking grey box ever.

Best controller - Gamecube. That controller fits just perfect in my hand

Worst controller - Xbox original. Just way too big. The S controller is pretty nice though.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Best built system: MegaDrive (mine still works) or SNES (mine still works). My SMS worked until we moved, and it got salt water in it, but until then it had been dropped a lot, and kept on going.

Worst built system: PSX or PS2. Nice job with the faulty components in the first versons.

Best looking: Dunno. I like the Gamecube though.

Worst looking: PS2 followed by Xbox. They're both just a black box. Boring!

Best controller: Gamecube, followed by Dreamcast.

Worst controller: PS2, followed by Xbox original. The PS2 wins only because I've only used an Xbox controller once, and I actually have a PS2.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Best built system: super nintendo

Worst built system: ps2.

Best looking: GC or DC

Worst looking: Xbox

Best controller: xbox, i have big hands so this fits into them nice, and i think they
have a really good button layout.

Worst controller: the nes controller, what an ugly controller.
kingdragon213
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kingdragon213 »

best system - snes , always workd, shit still works, i got mine when it 1st came out.
worst system - Nes, yes that poor thing if only they the cartrige like snes sooner.
best looking - snes ,updated look , i like it, plus i use that one to save the old one
worst looking - xbox , can u say VCR, damn thing is hugh and ugly
best controller - psx dual shock or ps 2 , cmon its a basic up grade of the snes
worst controller - xbox,dc,n64, one of them, they have controlls that are over sized, cmon there 1/3 the systems size at least
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

Best and worst built system: NES (after years of use damn springs inside wore out)

Best and worst looking system: XBOX - too big

System with best/worst controller setup: PSX - great controllers - Gensis Model 1 - horrible 3 buttons - they made up with the 6 button controller

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I personally didn't like the 6 button genesis controller. The contol pad felt awkward.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

it was aight fro street fighter II championship edition. it was a lil curved and fit better.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Best built system: - SNES LIKE A MUTHAFUGGA!

Worst built system: - NES 2, i hated that thing so much

Best looking system: - PSOne. It's the lovechild of a playstation and a discman

Worst looking system - either the Playstation because it was the worst shade of gray to use on a system or the NES 2 because it just looked stupid

Best controller - Gamecube. It was the easiest controller to get used to

Worst controller -X-box, the first one was a nightmare and the other one messes me up when i look for the start button
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Best built : Genesis, mine's always worked and still does perfect. Never a physical problem.

Worst Built : PS2, what a load of bollox there is inside...

Best Looking : Im gonna go wit the '64 too, it just looks cool, and curvy :lol:

Wrst looking : PSX,That is one hella ugly box, and even if it was a good console i'd be ashamed to have it sitting there.

Best pad : Xbox. Hands down, no one agrees but allthough it LOOKS a little big, it works perfect for me. Perfect size when using. Analogue's in perfect places (As demonstrates by the likes of Halo). Great pressure sensitive triggers.

Worst pad : Between the PS and Master System...They're jsut both nasty pads. the PS only has a four way D-Pad, and with the dual-shock ones the analogue's are all wrong. The master system was just uncomfortable. Like a Nes.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

no no the 4 directionsal owned with fighters. psx controller owened. dual shock just doubled owned.

zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Best pad : Xbox. Hands down, no one agrees but allthough it LOOKS a little big, it works perfect for me. Perfect size when using. Analogue's in perfect places (As demonstrates by the likes of Halo). Great pressure sensitive triggers.
i agree with you on that :mrgreen: , the joypad is just right for my hands, and playing halo and any other first person shoot em up with it is like a dream, i was even playing capcom vs snk 2 with it, and it was so much better then playing it on the ps2 joypad, and i had no problems doing any moves at all, and i think it has the best analogue controlls out of any joypad ever.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Best built system:
--tie between Megadrive and SNES. Robust little buggers, they are.
Worst built system:
--dunno, all my systems have been pretty solid

Best looking system:
--PSone
Worst looking system:
--NTSC|U SNES (followed closely by the redesigned NES)

Best controller:
--Megadrive 6 button
Worst controller:
--Dualshock- the positioning of the analogue sticks just stinks of them being an afterthought, tacked onto the bottom of the controller in an RSI-inducingly sore position..... oh wait.... :roll: (the N64 pad comes a close 2nd, for having that stupid bit on the left that was never, ever used)
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Best built system: - Sega Genesis. It still works and I don't have any problems with the games.

Worst built system: - PSX. The vents are on the bottom?

Best looking system: - Dreamcast. Only because I don't really think any of the systems look decent.

Worst looking system - NES or Xbox. Both of them are just rectangles.

Best controller - Xbox. It fits nicely in my hands and is good for the type of games I play.

Worst controller - N64. Does anybody have three hands? 2nd would be Gamecube. I can't get used to the feel.
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

best built system - Sega CDX
Worst built system - Sega 32x (those things fall apart after a few uses)

Best looking tie between PS1 and CDX
Worst Looking - XBOX

Best Controller - PS2
Worst Controller - N64
ModMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ModMan »

Best built system: SNES
Worst built system: PS2

Best looking: Gamecube
Worst looking: tie between PS2 & XBOX

Best Controller: Gamecube
Worst Controller: tie between PS1/PS2 Dualshock controller & Both Xbox controllers

Easiest system to mod: Dreamcast
Hardest system to mod: All nintendo systems after the Nes (because of the screws)
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Best built: Genesis Had it forever and still works as well as when I first got it.
Worst built: Tie between PSX and NES Both refuse to work correctly after a year of using it regularly.

Best looking: Gamecube
Worst looking: PS2 nice colors, but it's just too bulky looking.

Best controller: Gamecube it feels nice, I'm still trying to get used to button placement though
Worst controller: JAGUAR! Can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Best Built System: Gamecube
Worst Built System: Atari 2600... half the damn thing don't work

Best looking system: Gamecube
Worst looking system: Playstation

Best Controller: Gamecube.
Worst Controller: Playstation
It's thinking...
ModMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ModMan »

|Darc| wrote: Best Built System: Gamecube

Looks like someones a Gamecube Fanboy
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

ModMan wrote:
|Darc| wrote: Best Built System: Gamecube

Looks like someones a Gamecube Fanboy
I was actually going to say that about you, since you put both other 'Next Gen' console's down and only the Qube up.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Kenichi wrote: Worst controller: JAGUAR! Can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet!
I breifly owned a jaguar and the controllers do indeed suck, but I didn't feel it necessary to call it the worst.
perry2175 wrote: Best Looking : Im gonna go wit the '64 too, it just looks cool, and curvy :lol:
The N64 is a very sexy machine, innit?...