Peter Moore picked up by....

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Peter Moore picked up by....

Post by Tall Israeli »

Microsoft!

REDMOND, Wash. -- Jan. 20, 2003 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that Peter Moore, video game industry veteran and former president and chief operating officer of SEGA? of America Inc., has joined Microsoft as corporate vice president of retail sales and marketing. In this newly created position, Moore will oversee retail business in the Home and Entertainment Division, including the Xbox (TM) video game console, Xbox and PC games from Microsoft Game Studios, and home software and hardware products sold at retail, in Europe and Japan.

Moore brings to Microsoft more than 20 years of global management, marketing and sales experience. At SEGA, Moore played a critical role in repositioning the SEGA brand and product suite to achieve a leadership position in the industry. Before serving as president and chief operating officer, Moore was the senior vice president of marketing and was responsible for the successful launch of the SEGA Dreamcast (TM) video game console. Before joining SEGA, Moore was with Reebok International Ltd., where he held senior management positions including vice president of global sports and senior vice president of Reebok Footwear.

In his new role as vice president of retail sales and marketing at Microsoft, Moore will report directly to Robbie Bach, senior vice president of the Home and Entertainment Division and chief Xbox officer.

"Peter has an outstanding track record of success in the consumer market and video game industries. In addition, we look forward to utilizing his deep knowledge of foreign markets to continue to grow our retail business in Europe and Japan," Bach said. "In Europe, where we have made enormous progress, particularly with the Xbox business gaining the No. 2 position there, Peter will be working to maintain and accelerate that good standing. In Japan, we expect that he will contribute greatly to the work already being done there to advance the business."

"I am excited to be joining Microsoft at a time when the company's drive toward innovation and creativity is at the forefront of its retail and in-home strategy," Moore said. "In particular, I look forward to applying my combined experience in global consumer sales and marketing and the interactive entertainment industry to enhance the global reach of the Xbox product line."

Additional Management Changes in Europe

Microsoft also today announced the retirement of Sandy Duncan, regional vice president of Home and Entertainment in Europe. Duncan retires after 17 years with Microsoft, three of which were spent overseeing the retail business, including Xbox, in Europe. "Sandy leaves Microsoft on an incredibly high note," Bach said. "Having worked with a fantastic team of people on one of the most exciting launches in history, in addition to the success of the first Xbox holiday in Europe, he can retire knowing that he helped establish Microsoft firmly as a serious player in the games industry."

Eduardo Rosini, a 10-year Microsoft veteran currently driving product development projects at Microsoft Game Studios, has been appointed the new regional vice president managing the day-to-day activities of the division in Europe. Rosini and Duncan will work together during the next few months' transition period. Rosini will report to directly to Moore.

Rosini has worked on Xbox since its inception, initially as a business manager working directly for Bach. He joined Microsoft in 1992 and spent seven years managing key Microsoft subsidiaries overseas, moving to Redmond, Wash., in 1999 as general manager of the Worldwide Enterprise Group. "I'm very excited for Eduardo to join the European team," Bach said. "Building on the success of holiday 2002, he will work closely with Peter Moore to continue to fulfill our mission of bringing value to consumers through the strength of our products."
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Bwahahah, now the xbox is REALLY in trouble!
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

lol...he must be givin mondo head to mr gates.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

That's why he "stepped down" the son of a bitch SOLD OUT. Good ridance though. Also good ridance to the stupid X-Box. :P
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Sega, like Nintendo in the early 90's, once again pays the price for working with a potential competitor, and sharing valuable info with them. Just like Nintendo worked with Sony, only to see it take its place as the leading videogame company.

Just look at the original XBox controller... and you can't deny that MS "learned" a lot from working with Sega. Just like Sony "learned" a lot about videogame development from working with Nintendo.

MS is playing hardball now. They seem determined to get a decent market share in videogames. Sega should wise up, and formalize their relationship with MS, so they can benefit from it, and get back in shape.

They should go back to designing hardware, and letting MS handle the operating system and marketing.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

microsoft will perish for shure they're so stupid :mrgreen:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

This thread reeks of ignorance
It's thinking...
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

That last post reeks of snottiness, pretentiousness and complete-lack-of-social-skills-ness :lol:
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

But seriously, how can one say that the biggest company in the entire world is stupid and will surely perish and really mean that... ?
It's thinking...
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

|darc| wrote:But seriously, how can one say that the biggest company in the entire world is stupid and will surely perish and really mean that... ?
I think we can all agree that M$ isn't goig anywhere, but the future isn't so bright for the xbox. Actually, if you ask me, the video game market is getting saturated with too much stuff. Just as the PS2 sold fewer units than the ps1, you can expect the ps3 and xbox2, if there is one, to sell even less.
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

Yeah I'm not gonna buy an xbox2 unles they can produce something good if they don't i'm stickin to nintendo and sega :mrgreen:
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

farrell2k wrote:
|darc| wrote:But seriously, how can one say that the biggest company in the entire world is stupid and will surely perish and really mean that... ?
I think we can all agree that M$ isn't goig anywhere, but the future isn't so bright for the xbox. Actually, if you ask me, the video game market is getting saturated with too much stuff. Just as the PS2 sold fewer units than the ps1, you can expect the ps3 and xbox2, if there is one, to sell even less.
About the future not being bright for the Xbox, that's bollocks. However, I do totally agree with what you are saying about market saturation. The thing about the video games industry right now is that there is a lot of talent but it is spread way too thinly over lots of little games companies. What we end up getting is a lot of mediocre, crap, identikit games rather than a lesser amount of high quality, original, well developed & produced games. Mind you, with half of these developers currently going out of business, that could soon change.

Also, Sony recently said the PS2 has sold more units worldwide than the PSX had at this stage in it's life. Info
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I doubt Microsoft would have hired this guy if they thought he was a idiot. And if he had 20 years experience with Sega he must have done something right or he would have been canned. Just cause SEga had a lot of failed Systems don't make this guy a idiot, geez. And assumeing he IS a idiot he don't mean Microsoft will fall either. Its not like he is a Terminator Robot and is going to shoot up the Microsoft office's or something. That would make a good movie though huh?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Veggita2099 wrote:I doubt Microsoft would have hired this guy if they thought he was a idiot. And if he had 20 years experience with Sega he must have done something right or he would have been canned. Just cause SEga had a lot of failed Systems don't make this guy a idiot, geez. And assumeing he IS a idiot he don't mean Microsoft will fall either. Its not like he is a Terminator Robot and is going to shoot up the Microsoft office's or something. That would make a good movie though huh?
Hmm... that's a good idea :lol:
It's thinking...
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

I have been selling a few things on ebay and have some extra cash, so I might get an xbox soon. Any good racers on it? I love test drive v-rally and test drive 6 for the DC. Maybe I'll just stick to pc gaming. I think about getting one often, though.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

All I can say is that, X-Box seems very capable of being on top. People just say that X-Box won't live, but never give out good reasons. At least they could have said, "they don't have great companies to back them up, or games." But you see sooner or later it will all change. SEGA is making big $$$ with X-BOX. Point for X-BOX.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

farrell2k wrote:I have been selling a few things on ebay and have some extra cash, so I might get an xbox soon. Any good racers on it? I love test drive v-rally and test drive 6 for the DC. Maybe I'll just stick to pc gaming. I think about getting one often, though.
PGR, PGR2 (Online enabled), RalliSport Challenge, RalliSport Challenge 2 (Online enabled), Sega GT 2002 (Online enabled, w/ expansion disk)
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

i guess thats right but the games and stuff still suck
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Dbztrunks1020 wrote:i guess thats right but the games and stuff still suck
:roll: They really don't. Xbox games range all the genre's and have some great games PS2 doesn't. (JSRF, Halo, PGR 1/2, RSC 1/2, Amped 1/2, GunValkyrie, PDO and many others) Not to mention XBL and Splinter Cell...
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

politoe wrote:All I can say is that, xbox seems very capable of being on top. People just say that xbox won't live, but never give out good reasons. At least they could have said, "they don't have great companies to back them up, or games." But you see sooner or later it will all change. SEGA is making big $$$ with xbox. Point for xbox.
Well, here is a good reason: Xbox hasn't made M$ one damn dime and isn't poised to in the near future; There are not enough games being made, and thus not enough licensing fees. But, maybe you're one of those people who think that just because M$ has money, they will keep tossing it at something that doesn't turn a profit. Don't expect an xbox2 unless things really change within the next 2 years. They need to sell at least 8-10 million of these things to be a serious player.