Rare NES?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
mabartsabay
Lord of Chivalry
Lord of Chivalry
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rare NES?

Post by mabartsabay »

Ok, so I go to my favorite used/new gaming/music store, and I find a Nintendo system advertised as "VERY RARE" and right under that, it says $89.99 :o . It is top loading, and the power switch(not button)is also on the top. It looks legit, but I'm not sure about it. Some info please?
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

It's the re-released one by Nintendo. I forgot when it came out, but I don't think that it's worth $90 now.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

This one? (drag and drop into url bar)

http://www.vgmuseum.com/systems/topnes/nes.jpg

ShadowofBob: They came out in 1993.
It's thinking...
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Ahhh, that brings back memories. But 90 bucks? thats a lot.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

I can get them for $8 lol
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

|darc| wrote:This one? (drag and drop into url bar)

Am I the only one here who thinks that system looks totally horrendous? Sure, it probably is hard to find but not worth $90
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

roofus has one
and i have a controller for one
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

sixteen-bit wrote:
|darc| wrote:This one? (drag and drop into url bar)

Am I the only one here who thinks that system looks totally horrendous? Sure, it probably is hard to find but not worth $90
Yes, it does look horrible. I wonder what kind of pot they were smoking?
It's thinking...
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I love my top-loading NES. I got it in a box with about 40 games for $20.00 (Best. Bame. Find. ever.) They routinely go for between $50 and $70 on Ebay (This one's going for over $100 :o ) I think they're nuts, and I wouldn't pay more than $30.00 for one.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i found it for $20 sold it for 95 on ebay
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

mmboy wrote:I can get them for $8 lol
Where?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I don't think that model is compatible with the GameGenie either (purposely Im sure).

I wouldn't give more then $25 for it myself. The only advantage I see is a cool looking controller, and you probably don't have to play with it to get the games work (Ie: Give you games BJ's every time you play it).
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Veggita2099 wrote:I don't think that model is compatible with the GameGenie either (purposely Im sure).

I wouldn't give more then $25 for it myself. The only advantage I see is a cool looking controller, and you probably don't have to play with it to get the games work (Ie: Give you games BJ's every time you play it).
Occasionally, you have to use the NES Blow Job (about as often as the SNES Blow Job.) As for the Game Genie, you can get it to work (not very easily, but you can.) Some newer Game Genies work, but if you're insane, you can look for one of these.
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

I dunno about it being worth $90, but I got the front-loading one for $1 at a swapmeet and it still works with minimal trouble (though the last time I played it was about 4-5 years ago, as I discovered the wonderful thing called emulation)
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

yeha i gotta give my NES carts blowjobs to play them

i need to find one more NES console
my birthday is in 1 day, so i'll have a little money to find one.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

As a man who runs a videogame business, word of warning... NEVER blow into your games. It causes corrosion.

Use a fingernail file, go gently over the contacts of the game with the file, take a Q-Tip dip it in rubbing alcohol and wipe over the games contacts, then with the dry side of the Q-Tip wipe the alcohol off of the contacts.

It's guarentee to always work! (Providing you also cleaned your NES 72-pin connector pins as well). :mrgreen:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

hmmm thats a nice idea, i'll rip apart both my NES's tommorow and rub some nail file over it and stuff.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

Just some info on those style NESs:

1) they came out in 1993, but I could still find them for $50 brand new in Toys R Us in 1996, so they doubt they are rare enough to charge $90.

2) the Famicom (the NES before it became the NES) got restyled in the exact same fashion, except the cartridge slot is made for famicom games (obviously), and the video and sound is delivered via a multi-out port (like that found on the SNES, N64, and NGC) and not the RF out.
In fact, my only complaint about the new style NES is the fact that you can't get composite video and RCA audio, just RF output. Ok, so you can get composite video, but it requires modification (go to gamesx.com for schematics).

3) kubyx is right. you should NEVER blow on your cartridges. a q-tip with rubbing alcohol is much better.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have had games for years that I blowed on and they still work. My Zelda 1 from 1988 Worked last year, and I did a lot of blowin on it. I tried the cleaning it with the offical Nintendo cleaning kit, rubbing alcohol and Q-tips, etc and it never did work, still had to blow. The original NES was just made very poorly. Actually it seems like with the Game Genie it didn't do that.

The black cover to my Game Genie broke off one day. It still worked but I had to pretty much leave it in my NES. When I would put the games in with the game genie I hardly ever had any problems.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

The Nintendo cleaning kit is BS. The back of the NES carts say do not use alcohol on the connectors... then you look in the information in the NES cleaning 'solution' and it says 78% or so alcohol. :roll:
It's thinking...