Newest Zelda Game Reviewed in Famitsu...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

I highly doubt this game will deserve a perfect rating. Guess I cant say till I play it. Maybe Nintendo, despite its stupid looking graphics, will actually make a good game. I put a reservation for this at Babbages. He said they had heard the bonus disc with OOT is due in before the actual game is.

As I have said before I don't trust the rating of some guys who get a free copy of the game and who are hardcore gaming nerds. Just cause a person who eats, sleeps, works, lives Videogames enjoys a game don't mean I will.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

It wasn't better then Link to the Past. And Majora's Mask was crap compared to OOT. All Majora's MAsk did was used most of the sounds, graphics, charactors, etc from OOT and magically made them into new people. The crazy women/man from the town is now the banker for instance. The idiot playing that tune at the windmill now sells masks. I mean there is nothing original to that game other then the bosses. Feels like playing a Mod almost. Majora's Mask was just a cheap thrown together game to make Nintendo money.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

OoT easily beats A Link to the Past because of the simple reason that LttP didn't have much of a story. Also, I found the dungeons to be a lil too easy(The bosses on the other hand were kind of tough). I really think the dungeons in Links Awakening were tougher than LttP.

Majora's Mask is definately a clone of OoT. No doubt about it. But you can't deny that it was a fun game.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I can't wait till it I can get my hands on Zelda: Wind Walker over here. However, I do think giving games perfect scores is pretty stupid :P I bet I will find at least one minor glich/niggle to give it 39.9/40!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Link to the Past had a good story. Remember it was one of the first gen SNES games. It wasn't as deep as OOT, but they didn't have as much hardware to work with. Far as LTTP being easier then OOT Im not too sure about that. I got stuck in more places on LTTP more then OOT. I only had 1 hang up in OOT and it was finding a hidden key in the Shadow Temple. Only thing that gave Majora's Mask any length of time was haveing to do so much BS before getting to the temples. I also hated the save system in Majora's Mask. Everytime you wanted to save you have to start the whole damn temple over again and you lose your items and money. Well you can save your money if you take the time to go back to down and deposit rubies, but still. And you can't go back to visit fairy fountains after saving. I mean 4 temples in a Zelda game is just pitiful. I sat down a couple of weeks ago and just couldn't force myself to play it again. I got to the goron temple and just got sick of playing it.

I think a obvious flaw with Wind Walk is...you guessed it GRAPHICS!!!! Rather it is a good game with great gameplay and story isn't the point. It still would have looked better with fantasy graphics. I don't see anything that will change my mind about that. While more and more people DO plan to buy this game, still a lot of people are not happy with the cartoon graphics. I still feel like Nintendo is saying "Ok shut up I don't care if you like it or not just give me your $50 and take it." Only reason I am giveing it a try is cause of the free unreleased 64DD version of OOT.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Majoras Mask is my favorite Zelda game so far. The whole 'groundhog day' thing it had going was a fantastic idea for a game innovation, and just... well, it made more sense that the standard "you die: next life" style of most games.

If Shenmue had been as fun to learn peoples movements, and had as many mini quests for various people around town as MMs clock town did I know Id have liked it a lot more than I did
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

A Link to The Past = Best Zelda EVER.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

-Azathoth- wrote:A Link to The Past = Best Zelda EVER.

Yes, with The Legend of Zelda being second.
It's thinking...
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

No doubt. I'm playing it on SNES9x. Thank God for savestates :D
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

Roofus wrote:
Dam right, in fact Link to the past is prolly my favorite game ever made!
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Just like Metroid Prime, it has gotten a perfect score. I'm sure it deserves it aswell.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

liltimmyw wrote:Just like Metroid Prime, it has gotten a perfect score. I'm sure it deserves it aswell.
*Yawns* Yea Prime was such a wonderful game. Oh well guess if it makes them happy.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Veggita2099 wrote:
liltimmyw wrote:Just like Metroid Prime, it has gotten a perfect score. I'm sure it deserves it aswell.
*Yawns* Yea Prime was such a wonderful game. Oh well guess if it makes them happy.
ugh....i still cant get over the fact that you didnt like it...ive beaten it on normal AND hard and its STILL fun to play mostly cause there are so many hidden secrets! :D But to each his own :)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Jabba2442 wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
ugh....i still cant get over the fact that you didnt like it...ive beaten it on normal AND hard and its STILL fun to play mostly cause there are so many hidden secrets! :D But to each his own :)
I just found it to be boreing. Walking through 1 corridor shooting stuff up, going to the next and to the next and to the next. I thought it was a poor Metroid Game, and a poor FPS. I still never liked the controls. When I reserved my Zelda I mentioned about how I hated the crap shaded graphics. He said a lot of people have said that but are trying it anyways. I told him I gave MEtroid a try and hated it. He said the people he talked to either really loved the game or really hated it. Apparently some Noob bought it and brought it back the next day cause he had no idea it was a FPS game. I mean UGG how could you NOT know it was a FPS?
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Veggita2099 wrote:I mean UGG how could you NOT know it was a FPS?
LMAO!!! That is the epitome of n00bs!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

dude322mg wrote:
Roofus wrote:
Dam right, in fact Link to the past is prolly my favorite game ever made!
Yea Link to the Past was my fav. IT had good graphics (for its time), Good story, Good control, Great Music/sound (once again for the time), and was just a great game. I can't think of any flaws in that game what so ever. My only complaint about OOT was the Music wasn't as good, but that is not a huge deal.
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

[opinion]The new Zelda's graphics make me want it even more than the 3D graphics did...[/opinion]I just find myself looking for one game based solely on letting the player have fun with the game, and the graphics seem to show that (atleast to me).

And at the moment, my fave Zelda game is the SNES one, followed by Majora's Mask. I've beaten MM twice, yet found myself falling asleep during the first dungeon in OOT the second time through.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I agree with Famitsu 90% of the time. Plus, i was planning on buying Wind Waker the first day it was announced... i'm a fanboy, so sue me :P
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

tenchi wrote:I agree with Famitsu 90% of the time. Plus, i was planning on buying Wind Waker the first day it was announced... i'm a fanboy, so sue me :P
I do to, but I still will have to b*tch and moan about it. I am gonna love the bonus disk though.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

So far, Ocarina of Time has been the only Zelda game I've been able to play beginning to end, having fun all the way, and I really couldn't find anything wrong with it. It was a masterpeice, and probably one of the best games I've played in my life. Excellent story line, cool bosses, great gameplay, very nice controls, varied environments, loads of cool touches that I've not seen in any other game except Majora's Mask.

Speaking of which, I could just never get into Majora's mask. There was just none of the same interesting storyline as Ocarina of Time. And, of course, everything was just too familiar, yet wrong at the same time. I really felt that it had nothing new to offer (not even a story worth speaking of) and it just couldn't maintain my interest.

Link to the Past was pretty good too, but not as good as Secret of Mana. Zelda 1 was playable, but not that great. Zelda 2 was just terrible. What were they thinking anyway?

As for Wind Walker... Just from looking at it, the game seems wrong to me. I wouldn't mind cel-shading at all, but that is not true cel-shading. It looks like a half-attempted quick hack, and combined with models that look like a series untextured blobs glued together with the occasional decal stuck to them, makes the whole game just look like an unprofessional hack job.

Of course, I've not played it. If it's even as good as Ocarina of Time, then I'm going to have to play it anyway. Those graphics might actually work in the game (stranger things have happened), and if not then I could easily ignore them. I still want to play it, and if it's good then I'll get it. But I'm not trusting someone else's opinion of any Nintendo game, because my opinions are very often totally different (I hated nearly every Mario game, for example). I'm going to play it, and then decide if I like it or not.

I just hope it's that good...