whats everyone doing for summer?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whats everyone doing for summer?

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Thanks, I am sure it'll be that simple and fun! However plans do change but as far as I know this is what is going to happen. :wink:
Have you played dreamcast today?
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

I start summer school Monday, and in July I'll be doing my 2 week annual training for the Army, which sucks cause I don't even get to travel anywhere for it. During my free time off I'll probably just hang around my apartment, maybe go to the beach. Oh and I definitely want to try and visit Washington DC for a weekend.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I'm living with my parents again. It's weird, because I realized that college has turned me into a degenerate, beer-chugging idiot. I don't think my room in the rent house has been throughly cleaned in months, close to a year.* Here? I've already tidied up my room once in the first six hours. My one outlet during the week, GTA4, is suspended this week because I forgot the godforsaken controller at the other house.

*I found beer in a fridge with born on labeling from July 2007. In the back was a sandwich sold on Sept. 11, 2007. I threw them away today.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

considering its winter here I'll be shacked up in front of the heater.

But next summer...... I got big plans that kick off next friday.

Even though its winter now though next friday has to do with next summer. You get what I mean?
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

ace wrote:
Code-Red wrote:
ace wrote:
Code-Red wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:
FiendWithoutAface wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:Getting a new job.
Enjoying no college.
Drinking.
Having sex.
Playing video games.
Maybe a road trip.
Does your penis sprout in the summer? Most people can have sex all year round. Even on christmas.
Unless they're married, of course. Then they don't get to have sex at all. :)

I'll be doing the same thing I do all year 'round: working. Being a "responsible" adult really stinks, sometimes.
Certainly does. I miss being young :(.
QFT. I wish the I still had the same optimism about summer that I used to. Yeah I'm looking forward to patio drinks, and beaches, camping, etc. But I know I'm really not going to have much of a chance to enjoy those things. I work three rotating shifts, so I don't always get weekends when anyone else does. I should have become a teacher.
Same here brother. I work nights, and it usually gets pretty depressing during the week. All of my friends have day jobs, so I'm sleeping while they are out. I tried to switch my schedule around, but I usually end up tired at work/sleeping at the wheel on the way home.

Weekends/summers aren't what they used to be at all. I often find myself doing nothing because bills are stacking up, car repairs, home tidying, etc. Thankfully SkyJack has a two week shut-down for the last couple weeks of July. Maybe I can get out and have some fun ;).
Yeah, I'm working with another unit in my "spare time" to work up some hours for a good vacation at some point this summer. Don't know if it will work out though, because you can't even technically accrue T/O until six months have passed, so I just have to trust the admin assistant to keep her word about adding them after I've had my review (which is next month).
Shit last year I thought my life sucked. Turns out I'm homeless in NYC in about 2 weeks or so (I'm back home atm) but I got to make money somehow... I can't say I have any bills, although I'll need a metro card and have to pay an apartment soon. My mom cover's my cell (until I get done with the next few jobs, then I'll cover everything) and the University is paid for through grants and scholarships. But I still have to pay for stuff back home (tech supplies for my mom, broken windows and doors courtesy my sister, random house supplies) so my money dwindles.

If I'm lucky there will be a certain someone I will be visiting during the summer months once or twice. Luckier still if I can get all the work I have done within this next week or so and then get paid the big bucks. lol.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well, I'm pretty damn happy right now :grin:

The local government has shut down private schools for the Olympic Games, which not only means my first summer as a working-man has been postponed until 2009, but also that from Monday I am on fucking 6 weeks of paid leave.

Such occasions come along very rarely, so I'm going to make the most of it. Going to finally travel round the rest of China, and hopefully make it to Thailand, Korea, and Malaysia too.

Summer is back baby. Woohoo!
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

My big plans fell away. I was organsing to join the Toyota MotorSport organisation in Japan, but the offer ended up falling appart. So im suck here, atleast I can keep doing my skiing though.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

Well the original plan was to start working at a hospital, but no one wanted to hire me for the summer. So then the back up was to continue working at Wal-Mart, but then I had to quit because of on going health issues. It turns out I have some mental illness in the range of schizophrenia. It hasn't been going on long enough for them to make the diagnosis, but I have basically spent the last 2 months undergoing psychosis. The medicine I need to take controls it, but it is quite sedative. I sleep around 12-14 hours a day, and can't really do much else. So my summer kind of blows, but at least I finally got some help. The last few weeks of college were hell, I thought everyone around me was trying to hurt me and/or poison me. It is quite amazing the difference with the medicine. The first night I took it, a half hour later I finally had silence. Hearing voices commenting on everything you do gets quite old after awhile.
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Nice.. to.. hear from ya.. ..
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Synlor wrote:Well the original plan was to start working at a hospital, but no one wanted to hire me for the summer. So then the back up was to continue working at Wal-Mart, but then I had to quit because of on going health issues. It turns out I have some mental illness in the range of schizophrenia. It hasn't been going on long enough for them to make the diagnosis, but I have basically spent the last 2 months undergoing psychosis. The medicine I need to take controls it, but it is quite sedative. I sleep around 12-14 hours a day, and can't really do much else. So my summer kind of blows, but at least I finally got some help. The last few weeks of college were hell, I thought everyone around me was trying to hurt me and/or poison me. It is quite amazing the difference with the medicine. The first night I took it, a half hour later I finally had silence. Hearing voices commenting on everything you do gets quite old after awhile.

KILL KILL KILL

KILL KILL KILL
It's thinking...
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I've lost 10Kg in the last 7 weeks. Gotta lose another ten until the beginning of October, and then another twelve until the end of the year.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Been an interesting summer for me. No work, got married, and now I'm jetting off to the Maldives tomorrow. In-between I've been playing Pokemon Diamond again. Fantastic.

Kinda sucks that I'll be back at work in less than 2 weeks, but I've got a 9-day holiday in October, a pay-rise in November, 2 weeks for Christmas & New Year, then another week in January for Chinese New Year; it's a good run til Spring.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Today's the last day of my summer internship at Microsoft, which means tomorrow I'll leave the west coast to go back to the east coast. I get to spend one day with my family, then move back in to my school on Monday. :?