I'm leaving this place for good.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

I'm leaving this place for good.

Post by BlueCrab »

I have many fond memories of this site, back when its webmaster 007cheater decided to ignore it. However, he has recently decided to try to use this site as his plaything, and use it as an advertisement for his new site. I've expressed my (and I believe this community as a whole's) opinion that this is bad for what is left of this community.

007 then proceeded to continuously post on the front page of this website, right at the top, an advertisement for his new site, which I and other wiki moderators continuously removed. He got fed up and IP banned me from the entire site. Childish, I think so.

Anyway, this will be my last post here until 007cheater decides to apologize, not only to me, but to this community as a whole. What he is doing will only serve to disperse what little is left of the Dreamcast community to greener pastures.

Anyway, I guess this is goodbye for good, since I know that 007 is too childish to actually admit that what he is doing is wrong, and to apologize for it. It was nice while it lasted, dcemulation, but now I am gone.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: I'm leaving this place for good.

Post by law56ker »

I'm really sad to hear this. I wish people would work together and not let their ego's get in the way of things. Hopefully people make ammends and have the maturity to admit and accept when they are wrong. I hope you still go to other dreamcast websites. Thanks bluecrab.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

You are on of the main junkys left we dont need to loose. I understand your disgust in the current situation, but I really hate to loose you. Our community is small as it is, mind you I love it. But if you feel you must go, sorry to hear it. Really.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

007 really needs to apologize for banning you so we can move past this shit.
It's thinking...
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

007 is a prick, he's contributed nothing to the scene for years, he only appears every once in a while to spam his unsuccessful badly conceived sites or try to flog copies of Shaq Fu.
If he wants to make his sites successful why doesn't he return to his glory days and use the techniques that made dcemulation so popular, you know, sharing warez and posting about emulators he knows are fake.
Very lame state of affairs.
shadowprophet
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by shadowprophet »

sad days :uhh:
money money money~~ tits and ass

or was it money tits, money money ass?
:\
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

BlueCrab, why should I apologize for putting a link to one of my new sites? It's not like editing dcemulation.org and sayin screw dcemu, fuck dcemu, deleting all the content, fillin it with my content and deleting the forums. I simply put a link, a link, no different then a blogroll, or a friend sites. This is just a matter of simple missunderstanding and im sorry you have to cause drama over something so minor as a LINK?
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by linlinlol »

you sure sound immature and you're just abusing power to take advantage as an advertising vehicle

prove me wrong

oh wait you can't you'll just ban me instead because you have no valid reason

lol
DOODOO
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

BlueCrab wrote:I guess this is goodbye for good
Sorry to see you go BlueCrab. :cry: I'm glad that I got to meet you at the first DreamCon. You are a really cool guy, both online and in person. This scene will definitely not be the same without you. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Seanbajuice has nothing to do with Dreamcast, or emulation; therefore shouldn't be there at all. It's like we're being used as an advertising vehicle when we shouldn't be, it's dirty.

Also farewell BlueCrab, sorry to see you go.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

007Cheater wrote:I simply put a link, a link, no different then a blogroll, or a friend sites. This is just a matter of simple missunderstanding and im sorry you have to cause drama over something so minor as a LINK?
Because you're wrong. "Cheatah's new site, Seanbajuice" is clearly the #1 story on the dcemulation front page. The reason we have the word "blogroll" is because it's different from "main content". Delete the paragraph and move the link out of the way, then you might have a logical argument.
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

He is still active on other DC forums. Just not here.

If Cheatah wants to link to his new site, then he should edit the links site but not the main site.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

This place is fucked.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

See, this is the reason I distance myself from this site now. This place is not just dying, it's committing suicide.

Sean, drop the ego crap and let the people that care about the site run the site. Do you not realize that the website you are linking to is terrible?
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

well you really can't disagree this place is dying , but regardless i don't think there is a reason to ban you or your ip because you didn't agree with 007's actions... however it is his site and well why let it bother you that much...just enjoy whats left of the coumunity before its.. well gone
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

BlueCrab is back and all is well.
It's thinking...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

|darc| wrote:BlueCrab is back and all is well.
Yep. 8-)
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Oh well it ended like a romantic movie 8-)
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

This place wouldn't die if the site wouldn't have been such a mess for years. Most of the early DC development was released here but since the site was totally outdated for years and this site was mostly off-topic, 2nd dc-generation developers like GPF or Chui didn't release their things here. If we had them here, this forum would be a lot more active since all the newbiews would be here and not on DCEmu UK.

However, we are still number #1 on the community side.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Maturion wrote:This place wouldn't die if the site wouldn't have been such a mess for years. Most of the early DC development was released here but since the site was totally outdated for years and this site was mostly off-topic, 2nd dc-generation developers like GPF or Chui didn't release their things here. If we had them here, this forum would be a lot more active since all the newbiews would be here and not on DCEmu UK.

However, we are still number #1 on the community side.
Actually, pretty much everyone who starts out now at dcemu uk is there for one of two reasons: 1) they are international users (non-US) and were looking for a DC site. 2) They are psp/ds users who became enchanted due to the way all the staff treats DC homebrew (pseudo-divine).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man