Need advice on a test.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need advice on a test.

Post by MulletMan13 »

All right, so my Asian Relgions class has a midterm tomorrow. Thus far, all we've been graded on are online quizzes (which I use Google and Wikipedia for). Because of this, I haven't read anything in the class. Please don't lecture me, this is an elective class I'm never going to use nor care about, and all I'm doing it for is the credits for graduation in May. Anyways, so right now I'm halfway through the semester and I know absolutely nothing.

The professor gives us 5 essay questions that could be on the midterm. The midterm is only one essay question, but it's assigned randomly. Each one of these questions revolve around a different religion. I work until 11pm tonight with my radio job, and the class is at 8am tomorrow.

So basically if I study for one fully, I have a 20% chance of it getting picked. So here is my question:

Should I try to study all of them? I'll likely only get basic understanding of them, but I will get some knowledge about each.

Do I study for 4, and leave out one? Do I study for 3 and leave out two? Of course the less questions I study for, the more time I can put into understanding and answering them. We are allowed to bring rough outlines to class tomorrow. What should I do?

Right now I'm leaning with study for 3 our of 5, and just getting a really rough undersrtanding of the other 2.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Need advice on a test.

Post by melancholy »

I'd suppose it would be dependent on how badly you need to pass this class, but considering you said you graduate in May, I assume you absolutely have to pass this class to graduate. And if that's the case, you might as well just suck it up and study them all. Even if you study 4 and the odds come out at 80%, if you get that unlucky question, you're pretty much screwed. But if you study them all and get enough basic knowledge to form an essay, you probably could walk away with a passing grade. This is your last semester, so I wouldn't gamble on your grade if I were you.

Although, if you needed to shortcut, I would assume that you would have had to retain some information from the quizzes, so you might shift your focus to the questions that completely elude you. That way by the time your brain is fried from studying, at least the 'easier' questions will be left for last.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

You have 9 hours. Suck it up and study for all of them and pass the class. You can go to sleep when you get out of class.
It's thinking...
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Well I guess 'passing' the class isn't something that is going to be too difficult, I keep up with the weekly quizzes (which are 25% of my grade), I have the final, and my attendence is good -- so really as long as I get a 60+ percent on this I'm golden. It's not like I never go to the class or don't do anything else. And besides, exams in college (a class like this) really isn't something that is a huge brain buster. Memorization basically. The reason I don't stay up all night is because I have 2 more midterms and a midterm paper to write before my shift at 5pm. Oh, and I leave for CA Thursday morning.

... you guys are probably right, I should just man up and do it all tonight.

kthnxbye
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

This topic reminds me of those nights when I had a test I hadn't studied for or a paper due that I hadn't started, and I found myself goofing around on IRC instead of working on the school work.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

So the question that was given to us was the one that I predicted (if I had to choose). It was just the right mix of not-too-obvious, and not-too-easiness that gave it away.

Anyways I'm pretty sure I aced that exam. Kindof upset that I did all of the questions, looking back on it now it was obvious that it wasn't going to be too of them.

Oh well, live and learn.

PS: I'll likely be in this same situation in May when our final is in this class.

thnx