New Linkin Park single....

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ace »

Quzar wrote:
ace wrote:The video is a joke, though I bet they think it's profound and it makes them look deep. It's the same stock footage we see in every bands 'political' videos. Trash.
That's because when you have a song that IS full of emotion, and is deep, a video like that can really accentuate the feelings.
Yes, agreed, but even the video was completely generic -we've seen it at least a thousand times before. You could set the video to U2, Foo Fighters or Avril Lavinge and it wouldn't make the slightest difference.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I didn't think the video or the lyrics set to the video were really that bad, but the song itself is musically generic garbage. And I don't really dislike Linkin Park. They're not my favorite band or anything, but I'll listen to them occasionally.
It's thinking...
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

i got sick of the old linkin park pretty quickly... but if this is supposed to be different like people are sayin i might have to give it a try now... i saw the album cover.. is it me, or are there more people in the band now?

ok but yeah why is this like a u2 rip off video... that just makes me alugh.. and realize once again how pathetic they are
crabcakes
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

lol @ the well-placed U2 references. The video was blah.

I like Hybrid Theory quite a bit. I never got into Meteora as much, though. Never even heard the Jay-Z album.

This single was OK. I like the melody in the opening. It's a far cry from the "Hybrid Theory" Linkin Park of my college days, though. Personally any appreciation I have for LP is for the hybridization and hip-hop/scratching aspect.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

MORE LIKE LINKIN PORK WHERE'S STORMWATCH HE'LL GET A KICK OUT OF MY HUMOR.
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

wow. that really was generic. I could probably easily name 15 other bands that sound just like that.

..I kinda liked Hybrid Theory and actually liked Meteora, but I've not liked anything they've done since.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

totally agree with Jaded JAaron77 :D
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

I even hated Meteora. I still bought it, but with the exception of Faint and Breaking the Habit, it was quite generic. Don't get it started on Numb. That song could be remixed with every other Linkin Park single to make a really sucky long-ass song.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:Stupid emo mold? The Beatles were emo, as were Led Zeppelin. Anything with emotional lyrics is emo. I'm talking about musically, this is way different. I think their new material is going to appeal to the older audiences now personally, whereas before it was more of a middle-school thing to do to listen to Linkin Park.

But I guess you can't win, right? If they had stayed the same, they would have been bashed for not evolving with the times and sticking to what makes them money.
No, the label "emo" is for those bands who think that singing about feeling depressed is cool.
Led Zeppelin is not emo, Zeppelin is pure, unadulterated passion. Listen to the Immigrant Song. Even the guitars pound a beat, then Plant busts out with this wail of pure ferocity. That is why Linkin Park sucks and Led Zeppelin is classic. Passion.
No signature.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

toastman wrote:No, the label "emo" is for those bands who think that singing about feeling depressed is cool.
Led Zeppelin is not emo, Zeppelin is pure, unadulterated passion. Listen to the Immigrant Song. Even the guitars pound a beat, then Plant busts out with this wail of pure ferocity. That is why Linkin Park sucks and Led Zeppelin is classic. Passion.
Jeez, I couldn't agree more. I was into classic rock before, but I completely turned to older music when I heard the wails of Plant when I started getting into Led Zeppelin a few years ago. The extremely passionate vocals of Plant and emotions-turned-music of songs like "Dazed and Confused" completely captured me. When Plant screams "...the soul of a woman was created below," and Page slams on the guitar, it is the sound of pure lament for his woman. I can feel it. And when you get to the parts where there Plant is just moaning and Page is softly soloing, then picking up, then picking up, I just feel how Plant does. It's even better on those 25-minute extended versions they did live. If someone wants to understand emotions in songs done right, listen to Led Zeppelin's first album (Led Zeppelin I). I'd say that's my favorite Zeppelin album.

It's not just Zeppelin though of course, but other similar artists... For example, The Beatles' "I Want You (She's So Heavy)".. the whole building up instrumental at the end of that song completely relates to me when it comes to extreme lust and longing for someone.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

|darc| wrote:
toastman wrote:No, the label "emo" is for those bands who think that singing about feeling depressed is cool.
Jeez, I couldn't agree more. I was into classic rock before, but I completely turned to older music when I heard the wails of Plant when I started getting into Led Zeppelin a few years ago. The extremely passionate vocals of Plant and emotions-turned-music of songs like "Dazed and Confused" completely captured me. When Plant screams "...the soul of a woman was created below," and Page slams on the guitar, it is the sound of pure lament for his woman. I can feel it. And when you get to the parts where there Plant is just moaning and Page is softly soloing, then picking up, then picking up, I just feel how Plant does. It's even better on those 25-minute extended versions they did live. If someone wants to understand emotions in songs done right, listen to Led Zeppelin's first album (Led Zeppelin I). I'd say that's my favorite Zeppelin album.

It's not just Zeppelin though of course, but other similar artists... For example, The Beatles' "I Want You (She's So Heavy)".. the whole building up instrumental at the end of that song completely relates to me when it comes to extreme lust and longing for someone.
<butters> you ass |darc|
* butters is listening to I Want You (She's So Heavy) by The Beatles
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

I quite like this LP single. I agree that it's pretty much more of the same and I think that a wider lyrical approach is in order, but I think for what they do, they do it very well. I still prefer stuff with a bit more bite but think they meld the pop in pretty well whilst creating something reasonably memorable and catchy. I'll buy the album when it comes out over here.