PDF viewer for Xbox?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PDF viewer for Xbox?

Post by Skynet »

Title says it all basically. Whether it be a standalone application or XBMC script I don't mind. An XBMC script would be ideal though.

Either that or is there a way I can get a PDF into a format the XBox will read? I know XBMC reads CBR and such so if it was at all possible to get a PDF into a CBR that could work too.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

CBR and CBZ files are just renamed .rar and .zip files filled with sequential JPEGs - you could just get a PDF 'unpacker' and then manually zip up the exported images then rename cbz?

EDIT: the art or Off Topic forum might be better for recommendations on PDF 'decompilers', this is only really tangentially related to games :wink:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Well that's not the main problem. The converting of PDF to another format was an after thought. The main question is whether or not a PDF viewer does exist for XBox.

Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:bump:

Anyone else got any ideas? :(

abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I assume you have checked the ususal xbox related sites. My quick search turned up nothing.

I know next to nothing about coding, but I suspect that a port of the libraries needed to view pdf files on the xbox along with a viewer app isn't out of the relam of possibility. I don't think there would be a lof of interest for someone to do so.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I assume you have checked the ususal xbox related sites. My quick search turned up nothing.
I googled it, but didn't check X-S for the final answer on it.
I know next to nothing about coding, but I suspect that a port of the libraries needed to view pdf files on the xbox along with a viewer app isn't out of the relam of possibility. I don't think there would be a lof of interest for someone to do so.
I would have thought that too.

melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

How strange. There's even a PDF viewer for the PSP, but nothing for the Xbox.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Well, if he want to pay me to quit my real job that I just oh so love, then I'll go off, learn, and make it for him. I doubt he wants a pdf viewer for his box that badly though :wink:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

abydos1000 wrote:Well, if he want to pay me to quit my real job that I just oh so love, then I'll go off, learn, and make it for him. I doubt he wants a pdf viewer for his box that badly though :wink:
Right, like anyone else was paid to make the homebrew that currently exists for the Xbox.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Nyarlathotep wrote:CBR and CBZ files are just renamed .rar and .zip files filled with sequential JPEGs - you could just get a PDF 'unpacker' and then manually zip up the exported images then rename cbz?

EDIT: the art or Off Topic forum might be better for recommendations on PDF 'decompilers', this is only really tangentially related to games :wink:
OT seems about right.

Quick question: Why do you want to read PDFs on your TV?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

melancholy wrote:How strange. There's even a PDF viewer for the PSP, but nothing for the Xbox.
I am pretty sure there is a lot more demand to read PDFs on-the-go than there is to read PDFs on your television.
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

|darc| wrote:
melancholy wrote:How strange. There's even a PDF viewer for the PSP, but nothing for the Xbox.
I am pretty sure there is a lot more demand to read PDFs on-the-go than there is to read PDFs on your television.
True, but it just seems like a project someone would have taken on by now.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Bah! Dunno why this was moved to OT as it was about XBox, with the converter dealy part of my question as mainly an add on.

I had a few things, books and such, in PDF format. I'm not gonna print out 100s of pages (probably not that many) just so I can read this. And I find it uncomfortable to read pages upon pages whilst sitting at my computer desk. I figured if I could sit back, relax and view them on my TV which is 42" that would be more comfortable. Hence asking for a PDF viewer for XBox and that's why I posted in gaming forum, as it was for a gaming console. :?

abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

melancholy wrote:
abydos1000 wrote:Well, if he want to pay me to quit my real job that I just oh so love, then I'll go off, learn, and make it for him. I doubt he wants a pdf viewer for his box that badly though :wink:
Right, like anyone else was paid to make the homebrew that currently exists for the Xbox.
I certainly hope you weren't taking my comment seriously.

Anyway... that was my first question... why would anyone want to view a pdf file on a TV, but he answered it. My main computer is a small laptop, and it does get annoying when I get a pdf I want to read, but not print out (due to size, not wanting to kill trees, etc). I guess I could see the usefulness to it if I already had a nice big high def TV.

I'm sure it could be done, but it is unlikely to happen if it hasn't already. From what I can see, the pace of homebrew dev for the xbox seems to have dropped off quite a bit.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I'm sure it could be done, but it is unlikely to happen if it hasn't already. From what I can see, the pace of homebrew dev for the xbox seems to have dropped off quite a bit.
ght so. That's why i was hoping for an XBMC script or something