TMNT Arcade on XBLA wednesday

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TMNT Arcade on XBLA wednesday

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

XBLA gets shellshocked Wednesday
Ubisoft brings Konami's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game to Microsoft's downloadable game service this week.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Mar 12, 2007 10:00 am PT

Microsoft today announced the latest release in its Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays program, the 1989 coin-op beat-'em-up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Originally produced by Konami, the game is being offered on Live Arcade through an agreement with Ubisoft, the brand's current rights holder and publisher of its own line of movie-based TMNT games.

Developed by Digital Eclipse (the studio behind Live Arcade ports of Contra, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game will feature voice chat capability and online or offline cooperative multiplayer for up to four gamers.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set to go live on XBLA this Wednesday at 2 a.m. PDT and will be available for 400 Microsoft Points ($5).
Hell yes.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Loved that arcade game when it first debuted, still play it on mame, and hope that they eventually release the arcade sequel Turtles in Time. :D
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Good news indeed. Looks like I need to buy some more points now.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

damn and I was looking forward to Castlevania Symphony of the Night this Wednesday. :(
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

yeah this is fucking awesome. bought'd day one.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

politoe wrote:damn and I was looking forward to Castlevania Symphony of the Night this Wednesday. :(
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

This was an unlockable on TMNT 2 (so I probably won't get it), but good to see it getting another release!
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

politoe wrote:damn and I was looking forward to Castlevania Symphony of the Night this Wednesday. :(
I was hoping for the same, but the release for that on most of the web sites still says TBA Q1 (which hopefully means by the end of march).

Still... I'll have to see how the port turns out for TMNT. I sunk a lot of quarters into this one back in the day, and multiplayer over live may make it worth it. Nice to see that it will be only 400 points. I was expecting 800.

I wish MS would speed up releases on the arcade classics. Surely the console is powerful enough to handle even later (90's arcade) releases. Between that and the Wii, one would be pretty much set for that retro game fix.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

abydos1000 wrote:I wish MS would speed up releases on the arcade classics. Surely the console is powerful enough to handle even later (90's arcade) releases. Between that and the Wii, one would be pretty much set for that retro game fix.
I'm pretty sure Microsoft said that nothing over 50MB would appear on XBLA, some of those arcade games may be too much.
It's thinking...
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

|darc| wrote:
abydos1000 wrote:I wish MS would speed up releases on the arcade classics. Surely the console is powerful enough to handle even later (90's arcade) releases. Between that and the Wii, one would be pretty much set for that retro game fix.
I'm pretty sure Microsoft said that nothing over 50MB would appear on XBLA, some of those arcade games may be too much.
They raised the limit to 150mb. That includes most nearly all Neo-Geo titles and just about every game made prior to 1995.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

APE wrote:
|darc| wrote:
They raised the limit to 150mb. That includes most nearly all Neo-Geo titles and just about every game made prior to 1995.
And since it's not plain emulation they can make the games smaller just like they'll do with SOTN.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

abydos1000 wrote: I wish MS would speed up releases on the arcade classics. Surely the console is powerful enough to handle even later (90's arcade) releases. Between that and the Wii, one would be pretty much set for that retro game fix.
Yeah seriously. The Wii Virtual Console totally shames XBLA.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
abydos1000 wrote: I wish MS would speed up releases on the arcade classics. Surely the console is powerful enough to handle even later (90's arcade) releases. Between that and the Wii, one would be pretty much set for that retro game fix.
Yeah seriously. The Wii Virtual Console totally shames XBLA.
I don't know about that. XBLA offers on-line 2player support. I have yet to see a Wii Virtual Console title offer ANYTHING extra. In fact in some cases they take things away (such as Kid Icarus having the passwords changed).
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I'll take classic titles 'as is' with 3-5 new releases each week with the majority so far being bona fide classics, over one game a week if you're lucky of questionable quality but with online features (for those who pay extra for gold, of course) and achievements.

:dontknow:
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I'm sorry but a lot of the games coming out for vc arnt "classics" They're the same games I passed over buying when I was a kid. Because they sucked. There are a few good games. But the rest? Junk.

Then again Besides Doom, Lumines and Worms most of xbla has been junk aswell.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Wagh wrote:I'm sorry but a lot of the games coming out for vc arnt "classics" They're the same games I passed over buying when I was a kid. Because they sucked. There are a few good games. But the rest? Junk.

Then again Besides Doom, Lumines and Worms most of xbla has been junk aswell.
Both services aren't living up to their potential
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

They would be if they were infinitely more reasonably priced ($10 for n64? Who the hell are they thinking they can fool?).
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The NES games are priced ok for certain titles (Kirby for $5 for instance). Sega Genesis games are too expensive though and most SNES titles are not worth $8 either. But TMNT arcade for $5 is a better deal then any NES title for $5. Now most of those Xbox live titles are kinda crappy though such as the Atari 2600 quality titles that ARE NOT worth $5 (Robotron, Joust, basically those ones they gave away for free). Even though I don't use it the multiplayer over Xbox live is a bonus. Nintendo could have added something like that to the VC if they was going to overprice it.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Anybody buy it? I have about 300 points and I dont want to buy another 800... damnittttt
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

MulletMan13 wrote:Anybody buy it? I have about 300 points and I dont want to buy another 800... damnittttt
I bought it. It's hella awesome and a great deal at 5 dollars; haven't tried Co-Op yet but apparently it works fine.

and why don't you just add 500 points?