So the current rumor going around is MS is buying/bought...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So the current rumor going around is MS is buying/bought...

Post by Ceeg »

CAPCOM!

If this is true or happens this will be a major blow to Sony and definetly help Microsoft in Japan and definetly make me a very happy person.

If this does happen though what other companies would you like to see MS buy if this becomes a trend

For me
Ubisoft
Konami
Sega
Midway
Squarenix
and if possible EA

:D :D :D
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Fake.

Again.

the actual latest rumour is
MS purchased Capcom AND Konami in a 51% stock terms, the new group will be called Capcom-Konami (Like Square-Enox done at the past).
Because of contractual terms, there will BE MSG4 and DMC 4 at the PS3. But they ate no longer exclusives, While the next title (Silent Hill 5,Resident Evil 5 and Casltvania: Maze of Madness will see only a X360 release).

Sorry for my english, i am a japan guy.
because claiming they were buying capcom out was too believeable it had to become a 2 for 1 on Konami too.

Xbot desperation on the interweb is getting pretty fucking pathetic - its not even as though the PS3 is doing particularly well to need this kind of bullshit to be started.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I haven't heard anything about this before... but... Capcom and Konami? :guffaw:
It's thinking...
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Mmm, Resident Evil, MegaMan, MGS, Silent Hill.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Fake.

Again.

the actual latest rumour is
MS purchased Capcom AND Konami in a 51% stock terms, the new group will be called Capcom-Konami (Like Square-Enox done at the past).
Because of contractual terms, there will BE MSG4 and DMC 4 at the PS3. But they ate no longer exclusives, While the next title (Silent Hill 5,Resident Evil 5 and Casltvania: Maze of Madness will see only a X360 release).

Sorry for my english, i am a japan guy.
because claiming they were buying capcom out was too believeable it had to become a 2 for 1 on Konami too.

Xbot desperation on the interweb is getting pretty fucking pathetic - its not even as though the PS3 is doing particularly well to need this kind of bullshit to be started.
So then 360 gets all of Capcom games and Konami games so it does infact get MGS4?

SWEET! now i never have to consider getting a PS3.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: So the current rumor going around is MS is buying/bought

Post by |darc| »

Ceeg wrote:If this does happen though what other companies would you like to see MS buy if this becomes a trend

For me
Ubisoft
Konami
Sega
Midway
Squarenix
and if possible EA

What good could possibly come out of consuming all of these companies?
It's thinking...
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

well if they got all of them they would be eliminating the strong arm publishing tatics that these companies practice because of their size and power.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

|darc| wrote:
Ceeg wrote:If this does happen though what other companies would you like to see MS buy if this becomes a trend

For me
Ubisoft
Konami
Sega
Midway
Squarenix
and if possible EA

The fact all the games i want will be on one system. :D
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I read about this Capcom MS thing a few months back, of course it's BS.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Ceeg wrote:
|darc| wrote:

For me
Ubisoft
Konami
Sega
Midway
Squarenix
and if possible EA

Yes, and the games will be as good as Windows is an operating system. :roll: Monopolies = bad.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

|darc| wrote:
Ceeg wrote:
|darc| wrote:

For me
Ubisoft
Konami
Sega
Midway
Squarenix
and if possible EA

Yes, and the games will be as good as Windows is an operating system. :roll: Monopolies = bad.
That and the fact that your favorite game would be $100+ just because they could.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

butters wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Ceeg wrote:
|darc| wrote:

For me
Ubisoft
Konami
Sega
Midway
Squarenix
and if possible EA

That and the fact that your favorite game would be $100+ just because they could.
Yes just because they own all the major companies they will charge a price no one will pay, yes that makes sense :roll:

And i never had a problem with Windows and MS bought Rare and i still love their games so i see nothing bad from this.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

Total BUNK! But...if this ever did happen, I would hope that Capcom would see fit to release Okami for the Xbox360.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Ceeg wrote:
butters wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Ceeg wrote:
|darc| wrote:

For me
Ubisoft
Konami
Sega
Midway
Squarenix
and if possible EA

Yes just because they own all the major companies they will charge a price no one will pay, yes that makes sense :roll:

And i never had a problem with Windows and MS bought Rare and i still love their games so i see nothing bad from this.
Competition is what keeps prices low and innovation high. If they have no competition, they have no reason to keep investing tons of money into new ideas.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

It would be horrible if MS bought all of those companies. If the installed base of the 360 remains significant compared to the eventual base for the PS3, you will probably see some of the "exclusive PS3" titles come out for the 360 anyway. It's happened for Virtual Fighter 5, and it wouldn't suprise me if it happened for something like Resident Evil 5. MGS 4 is an extreme long shot at best, and the rumors are based largely on the fact that the creator said the game is technically possible on a 360, but that doesn't mean it will happen. 360 is going to have to do a lot better in Japan for some of that to happen. As for others like Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, etc... will probably be only on the PS3 (I feel the pain of many on this, but what are you going to do...).
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

abydos1000 wrote:It would be horrible if MS bought all of those companies. If the installed base of the 360 remains significant compared to the eventual base for the PS3, you will probably see some of the "exclusive PS3" titles come out for the 360 anyway. It's happened for Virtual Fighter 5, and it wouldn't suprise me if it happened for something like Resident Evil 5. MGS 4 is an extreme long shot at best, and the rumors are based largely on the fact that the creator said the game is technically possible on a 360, but that doesn't mean it will happen. 360 is going to have to do a lot better in Japan for some of that to happen. As for others like Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, etc... will probably be only on the PS3 (I feel the pain of many on this, but what are you going to do...).
Resident Evil 5 is multiplatform already, but yeah, the PS3 does have worthwhile exclusives from capcom, and it'd be a huge blow to Sony if MS bought them.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

atf487 wrote:
Resident Evil 5 is multiplatform already, but yeah, the PS3 does have worthwhile exclusives from capcom, and it'd be a huge blow to Sony if MS bought them.
It would be a huge blow period if some of those "exclusive" titles were no longer exclusive, but I doubt that will happen to the key ones.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Microsoft should buy atari and then offer downloads of all my fav 260 games on xbl.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

There is no actual Atari company anymore. The current "Atari Inc." is actually Infogrames. I think they own at least some of the back catalog, but for 2600 there's e.g. Activision to consider as well.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Atari is Atari in name only afaik. They use the name like it's solid gold.
A few fries short of a happy meal.