Tekken 6 - last year's pics versus current pics

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tekken 6 - last year's pics versus current pics

Post by Stormwatch »

Here... what a laugh! :lol:

Not that I ever liked Tekken anyway.
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Who cares?

Wait, I have an idea, let's have one thread for all the 100 pro-Wii topics to go in, and then another thread for all 500 anti-Sony threads. And that includes all the PS2 topics from the past couple years.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

What brilliant journalists they are, comparing FMV footage to ingame footage.

Every Tekken game has had FMV movies that were more impressive than the gameplay graphics. Lots of games do it - even their precious Dreamcast games. It's nothing new.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Heh...I actually agree that this is pathetic because Sony can't get by with crappy trailers anymore! And yeah, Tekken, imo, has always been a rip-off of better, and more original games. I just want Sony to die, because they've said it themselves...They don't care about the gamers, and their success has been fueled by rage and the urge to kill Nintendo...that, and the fact that they bought off the other companies to make games so they don't have to...

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

jessman wrote:Heh...I actually agree that this is pathetic because Sony can't get by with crappy trailers anymore!
The Tekken series is made by Namco, not Sony.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

MetaFox wrote:What brilliant journalists they are, comparing FMV footage to ingame footage.

Every Tekken game has had FMV movies that were more impressive than the gameplay graphics. Lots of games do it - even their precious Dreamcast games. It's nothing new.
UKResistance is a very very funny blog though, check through some of the archives it's a good laugh
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Tekken is old and annoying. I can see it now TEKKEN 25!!!!!!!!!
Tekken 3 in my opinion was the best tekken PERIOD.
I like namco but this franchise isn't that appealing like it was in the days of ps1. its the same fu**ing game with better graphics. sure new combos and characters may add to the appeal but in the end whats so great about it?
Have you played dreamcast today?
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Tekken 5 had Starblade as an unlockable. That alone makes it the best of the series! :mrgreen:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Kenichi wrote:Who cares?

Wait, I have an idea, let's have one thread for all the 100 pro-Wii topics to go in, and then another thread for all 500 anti-Sony threads. And that includes all the PS2 topics from the past couple years.
Wait, I have an idea.

Stop complaining about everything.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I remember the first tekken had terrible controls. Charactors moved really slow and clunky IMO. Of course im not a fan of those one on one fighting games anyways, but it was just a piss poor game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Is that what the game is going to look like? I'd expect a lot more from the PS3.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

The next-gen performance gap has never been clearer. :lol:
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

atf487 wrote:
Kenichi wrote:Who cares?

Wait, I have an idea.

Stop playing Playstation cuz they suck cuz they killed DC so everything they do has to suck. lolz. long live Ninty RIP DC.
Corrected.

Or at least that's what I've been hearing since E3. Nothing but complaining about Sony. So I guess there's not going to be ANYTHING good coming from Sony at all, right? Just like how PS2 had really shitty games and graphics?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Crazy Caboose wrote:Is that what the game is going to look like? I'd expect a lot more from the PS3.
I agree. That game looks like crap.
MetaFox wrote:What brilliant journalists they are, comparing FMV footage to ingame footage.
It's been a while since I've seen that original picture, but from what I remember that was supposed to be the gameplay graphics. Otherwise, I can't see why there'd be any hype over that, anyway.
Kenichi wrote:Or at least that's what I've been hearing since E3. Nothing but complaining about Sony. So I guess there's not going to be ANYTHING good coming from Sony at all, right? Just like how PS2 had really crappy games and graphics?
I'll admit that my love for Nintendo and my dislike of Sony probably borders on fanboyism. Likewise, I haven't been keeping up much with the PS3 announcements much at all. Besides better visuals and sequels, I haven't seen anything come out of the Sony camp... and you have to admit a lot of good, innovative stuff has come from Nintendo. So what exactly new has Sony announced?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
Kenichi wrote:Or at least that's what I've been hearing since E3. Nothing but complaining about Sony. So I guess there's not going to be ANYTHING good coming from Sony at all, right? Just like how PS2 had really crappy games and graphics?
I'll admit that my love for Nintendo and my dislike of Sony probably borders on fanboyism. Likewise, I haven't been keeping up much with the PS3 announcements much at all. Besides better visuals and sequels, I haven't seen anything come out of the Sony camp... and you have to admit a lot of good, innovative stuff has come from Nintendo. So what exactly new has Sony announced?
I haven't been keeping up with the game list. Actually, I don't know any of the games coming out. If it's anything like the first two systems though, I'm sure there will be some top notch games coming out (and about twice as many bad games with it). I thought N64 was a much better system than PSX, and I found some of the games to be much more enjoyable. I just lost so much faith in Nintendo after they "ditched" the GC so early on, and I took to PS2 more because of it. Had Nintendo kept on with the quality games like those that were out on launch date, it would probably have been my favorite system of all time.

I'm actually considering getting an Xbox 360 first, if any game system. Sony is just as bad as Nintendo. The price tag is retarded, the game list is unannounced (or unclear). The controller motion-sensing thing is like Wii's which is bad enough that they're duplicating what I hate about Wii but they made it a shitty version of it according to the E3 video, where even the creator (or whoever it was) had trouble flying the aircraft with it. Also, if this rumor about not being able to play used games is true, I'll probably never get a PS3 unless a hack comes out. 90% of the games I buy are used. I refuse to pay $60 for a game I'll beat in a week and never touch again.

As far as the screenshots for Tekken go, it's pretty self-explanitory. Top is FMV, bottom is gameplay. That's how it's always been, and that's (probably) how it always will be. In-game graphics are never as good as FMV. However, I'm sure Sony failed to mention the top as an FMV until gameplay screens were released of the actual gameplay.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm alsot tired of this anti-Sony stuff.

If you dont like what Sony are offering, fine. We get it already. I see thread after thread on this forum of the same pointless Sony bashing, and its just got boring now. And I'm not saying that as a Sony fan, but as a forum user. Its the same old crap, just a different day, and I'm tired of it.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Honestly, being "tired" of stuff being posted on here is what makes forums decay. Then people quit posting, then people quit coming, then the forum dies. So if more sony conversations produces activity, so be it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Kenichi wrote:I'm actually considering getting an Xbox 360 first, if any game system.
What has Microsoft offered? I haven't seen anything but better visuals and sequels from Microsoft, either.

Kenichi wrote:...Sony is just as bad as Nintendo.... what I hate about Wii... they made it a crappy version... I'll probably never get a PS3...
How is Nintendo bad?

How can you hate a feature you've never experienced yet?

And how is your complaining about the PS3 any different from anyone else's?
Kenichi wrote:As far as the screenshots for Tekken go, it's pretty self-explanitory. Top is FMV, bottom is gameplay. That's how it's always been, and that's (probably) how it always will be. In-game graphics are never as good as FMV. However, I'm sure Sony failed to mention the top as an FMV until gameplay screens were released of the actual gameplay.
By comparison, yes, you can tell, but when a company only releases one screenshot of a man's face and it is considered news, you pretty much assume it's in-game graphics... otherwise it wouldn't make the news, as the PSone can do the exact same thing.
BoneyCork wrote:I'm alsot tired of this anti-Sony stuff.

If you dont like what Sony are offering, fine. We get it already. I see thread after thread on this forum of the same pointless Sony bashing, and its just got boring now. And I'm not saying that as a Sony fan, but as a forum user. Its the same old crap, just a different day, and I'm tired of it.
Sony fan or not, you've got to admit that Sony is making some mistakes right now.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
Kenichi wrote:I'm actually considering getting an Xbox 360 first, if any game system.
What has Microsoft offered?
Probably something he wants.
Last edited by Wagh on Thu May 25, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I'm alsot tired of this anti-Sony stuff.

Sony fan or not, you've got to admit that Sony is making some mistakes right now.
He has admitted it. Multiple times now. But I agree with him, it seems like everyday a new Sony topic comes up with more crap about them. It does get pretty annoying. One can only bash on Sony for so long before getting bored with it all.