As of now, which game system would you buy?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Which game system would you buy?

PS3
12%
Xbox 360
16%
Revolution
72%

Total votes: 50
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by |darc| »

The Revolution.

I've seen no innovation on the PS3 or 360. There are no or very, very few games that interest me. Improved graphics? I don't really care.
It's thinking...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Voted revolution.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

I voted Revo because is the only one I could afford, but I've yet to see an actual game for it. It needs to start showing appealing titles.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yonke »

revolution

for the new type of gameplay Nintendo is going to use.........

im getting tired of more of the same but just better looking
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

BoneyCork wrote:m with Mel on this one. Revolution will probably end up with Nintendo games of a really high standard, but from my PS2 days I know for a fact that I'm going to get overwhelmed with many more gaming options.

I guess it depends where you tastes lie, but PS3 is going to give me all the Japanese games I want, that won't turn up anywhere else.
I completely and 100% agree with you and Mel.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Rev !

PS3 and Xbox 360 is going to be the same ol with better graphics and to me a games graphics doesn't sell the system, its about the gameplay. Also I am for nintendos way of making the most universal nintendo system ever create. The system is indeed a revolution and can't wait to put my hand on a control its innovative style of play,especailly using zelda TP with rev controller playablity! now we just need a saber fighter and we'd be set lol.
Have you played dreamcast today?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Veggita2099 wrote:At this point it isn't really af air question for the PS3 since the only thing really known about it at this point is it will be expensive and the controller will be different.
Well, we know what the controller won't look like. Otherwise, you're right - aside from a load of marketing rubbish (Games will be 4D! 150 gajillion gigaflops! Better than real! Toy Story in real time!), and a very small number of announced games, we really don't know anything about the PS3.

Sure, we have all kinds of information about the hardware capabilities, but that's entirely irrelevant right now. Maybe three or four years down the track, games on either the PS3 or Xbox 360 might end up looking slightly spanglier than games on the other. That's pretty much impossible to predict at this stage.

From my point of view, the Xbox 360 and PS3 are pretty much indistinguishable from one another at the moment. The sole advantage the Xbox 360 has is that it's actually available right now. Otherwise, there's nothing to tell them apart. We don't know about what the systems can actually do, who is developing for them, what kind of games are going to end up on each system, which system will do multi-platform games better, and all that other stuff you might need to be able to make an informed choice.

You can't even generalise based on the current generation, because everything could change quite easily. We've seen it happen before, and it'll happen again.
and to myunderstanding most revolution games will work with the GC controller correct?
I doubt it. Consider the DS - there are some games that use the traditional controls, some that use only the stylus, and some that use both at once. There are very few games that actually give you a choice, and they tend to be almost unplayable with one control method, and fine with the other. Typically, they work better with the stylus.

Any game designed for the Revolution's controller is probably going to either not support the GC pads, or would simply be unplayable or vastly inferior on them.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

as of right now, I don't know.

xbox360-nothing on it thus far has really appealed to me (gamewise), and I'm quite contempt with my xbox right now(though I am looking forward to the ff game that I think I heard is coming to the 360)

ps3-I actually liked a couple of the games that were shown (even though you can never tell if its prerendered or whatchamacallit. I'm very excited about the new mgs game that has been shown, as well as sony's usually love for rpg'ers on their console, which is one of my favorite genres)

The revolution- as a ninty fanboy, there's a good chance I'll be buying but I am forever upset that for the most part, the cube was largely ignored this past console cycle, and hope that ninty can resolve any problems that they may have had with third party developers (Like I've heard on the net) imo, there is sooo much untapped potential in the cube, and its kinda saddening to see that potential go to waste. I'm excited about the large backwars compatibilty with the revo, but honestly, I'd be much happier playing those games on my xbox. And from what I've seen from that demo of the revo controller, I'm skeptical about whether or not I'll get used to using but happy that ninty is at least trying something new.
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

None. I'm still enjoying the current systems, and think that the prices for the next gen games are waaaaayyyy to expensive.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

pixel wrote:Revolution ftw.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Gee, you people aren't biased or anything. :lol:

If I had never come to these forums I wouldn't have my GC that's sitting on my bottom shelf collecting dust right now.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Kenichi wrote:Gee, you people aren't biased or anything. :lol:

If I had never come to these forums I wouldn't have my GC that's sitting on my bottom shelf collecting dust right now.
It seems that theres a Nintendo bias on the internets....on digg every nintendo story gets a thousand diggs easily, and joystiq is crawling with fanboys, moreso for nintendo than any other console. Still, I think the revo has more going for it than any of the other consoles, and while I have to be realistic and predict that it'll mostly be fun Nintendo games, and the occasional third party game, I can't help but get excited.

And about your gamecube, I thought this was funny, its from GI:

"After tearing up the floorboards at the exact location labeled ?GC? on a secret napkin map, I reached down in the dusty hole and felt around. When I touched a curved plastic handle I knew I?d found what I was looking for. The words on the side read ?GameCube,? and I recalled last using it 15 months ago to rescue the president?s daughter. When powering up, the system displayed a different message than the bouncy cube logo: ?Welcome to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!? ?Uh, actually I?m playing Odama,? I replied. This was the first time I ever heard a console audibly sigh."
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Smiley wrote:and I'm quite contempt with my xbox right now
Hehe...and just how "contempt" would you say you are with the Xbox? ;)
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

atf487 wrote:"After tearing up the floorboards at the exact location labeled ?GC? on a secret napkin map, I reached down in the dusty hole and felt around. When I touched a curved plastic handle I knew I?d found what I was looking for. The words on the side read ?GameCube,? and I recalled last using it 15 months ago to rescue the president?s daughter. When powering up, the system displayed a different message than the bouncy cube logo: ?Welcome to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!? ?Uh, actually I?m playing Odama,? I replied. This was the first time I ever heard a console audibly sigh."
:lol:
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Revolution.

The PS3 surely will have tons of games, but I don't have money to buy many games, and it seems the Revolution have more potential on the "fun" area.

Graphics are good, but I don't care that much. Dreamcast-quality graphics with a somewhat higher polycount, and maybe Doom 3-style lighting on a couple games and parallax mapping would be enough for me.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
JS Lemming
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JS Lemming »

Revolution. BTW, 20 launch titles be pretty decent compared to a certain cube launch. Link
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

JS Lemming wrote:Revolution. BTW, 20 launch titles be pretty decent compared to a certain cube launch. Link
Did I read that right? Slightly less than a 360? I was hoping for more than slightly...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

melancholy wrote:
JS Lemming wrote:Revolution. BTW, 20 launch titles be pretty decent compared to a certain cube launch. Link
Did I read that right? Slightly less than a 360? I was hoping for more than slightly...
What interested me is that they are going to include at least 2 different types of controllers in the box.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

butters wrote:
melancholy wrote:
What interested me is that they are going to include at least 2 different types of controllers in the box.
:o
I missed that part! I thought it was making reference to what would be available at launch, not what was actually in the box.