As of now, which game system would you buy?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Which game system would you buy?

PS3
12%
Xbox 360
16%
Revolution
72%

Total votes: 50
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

As of now, which game system would you buy?

Post by butters »

Based on the information you know now, if you could buy one and only one game system and price was not an issue, which one would you buy?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

So far, PS3. Xbox 360 has crappy games, and the Revolution controller is a little too "innovative" for my tastes...
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Revolution ftw.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I would most unfortunately have to chose the PS3 just because I know that's where all the RPG's are going to end up. I want to say Revolution, I really do. But if I had to chose only one system and one system only, I would be practically forced to go to PS3 just for games. I would die inside, but I would go for PS3.

It's very much like the current generation of systems. I love my Gamecube and would have a hard time giving up many of the games for it, but the PS2 just overwhelms it in gaming options. Two dozen must-play titles for Gamecube cannot compare to the constant barrage of must-play games for the PS2.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

if the PS3 is region free and backwards compatable as has been stated and the two work in tandem (if you follow me) - PS3
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I like Nintendo, but the GC was really dissapointing. They had some good games to start with, but as time went on it's like they stopped giving a crap and put all their effort into one big game a few years at a time. N64 also had this problem, but it had some great 3rd party games, unlike the GC. Just this factor alone, plus the dumb controller, make me want to get the Revolution last out of the bunch.

It's really hard to go wrong with the PS3. Chances are it's going to be more of the same, and PS2 had the most games worth playing imho.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I'd say the Revo. I already have a 360 :P And if I were to buy a PS3, it'd be late in it's life. Or atleast after many years and many price cuts. I didn't get a PSX until they'd been out for a long time. PS2 my gf got one last year, the slim console. So I'd imagine after the PS3 has a redesign in shape (it will, going on past instances of sony doing it) I'll get it then.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

m with Mel on this one. Revolution will probably end up with Nintendo games of a really high standard, but from my PS2 days I know for a fact that I'm going to get overwhelmed with many more gaming options.

I guess it depends where you tastes lie, but PS3 is going to give me all the Japanese games I want, that won't turn up anywhere else.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

Voted Rev, but it all depends if i even care for games in a few years

im pretty sure that i will upgrade my PC in the future, but im not sure yet if im gonna buy into the next gen of consoles, but if i do, the Rev is first on the list, and i might get a 360 too
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I would have to say Revolution. It's probably going to be the least expensive one, I can play all the old games on it, and the controller seems like a lot of fun. I will also get an Xbox 360 for other games that won't be available on the Revolution. But overall, Revolution for my #1 pick.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I'd like to get an Xbox 360 and a Revolution, but if I had to pick one I'd take the 360. There are quite a few games on it already I'd like to pick up, plus a good number I'd like that are on the way, including the inevitable Halo 3 and Forza 2, so it just seems like a safe bet. That, and they took Live even further than what they did with it on the original Xbox.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I'd *Have* to go with the PS3 if i could only pick one.
Since like what was said before that's where most of the rpgs will end up, and since rpgs are my fav type of game it's only logical id have to go with the ps3.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Revolution.

Sure, Nintendo burns me every time I buy a console, but at least theirs work for decades. I've never had a Sony product, game system or otherwise that didn't fail under minimal use. So screw them. Forget the 360 until Microsoft fixes the design and manufacturing defects.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm gonna have to go with the Revolution on this one.

As of right now, I haven't seen anything that I really want on the Xbox 360, and as for the PS3, its predicted price range puts it out of my reach. I'm a big fan of RPGs, but I have seen maybe one or two RPGs for the PS2 that I'd want to play, and I have to believe that trend will probably continue on the PS3.

Also, I don't play games as much as I used to, and when I do sit down to play a game, I want something that's gonna be fun. Nintendo hasn't disappointed me in the arena of fun before, and I have no reason to believe they will in the future. And, the Virtual Console service is just another plus.
Pyrite
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Pyrite »

Only Revolution and maybe a PS2.
THAN/THEN get it right peoples!
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

Xbox 360 and a Revolution at first and maybe a ps3 when it gets smaller and price down, right now that thing of a system looks bigger then the xbox 1. And im pertty sure sonys going to try to pull somthing, like the dre on ps2's.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Revolution based on price alone. The others are just too expensive, and personally, not worth it right now. I want a 360, but 400 dollars plus live is a lot when I really shouldn't be spending any money. The revolution, at maybe 200 dollars, would be easier to digest . I also love the controller, because it just opens things up. Maybe we're just going to get lots of gimmicky games, but at least they're trying something new.

Not to mention that the PS3 could be 500 dollars. That would never be an option for me, unless it came preinstalled with linux and ran better than my PC. I agree with those who think the PS3 will have all the great RPGs and such, but I'm going to have to wait a while to play them. Maybe when the PS3 is down to 200 dollars.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

At this point it isn't really af air question for the PS3 since the only thing really known about it at this point is it will be expensive and the controller will be different.

However as dissapointed as I am over the fact the Revolution isn't going to be as powerful as the other 2, the price and features on it seem to make me lean towards it. Fully compatible with my GC games, possibility of inexpensive classic downloads (I still want to see set prices before I give a YAY or NAY on that though), and to myunderstanding most revolution games will work with the GC controller correct?

Also I like the idea of free wifi gameplay with the revolution. I have a wireless router so it i won't have run a bunch of cords etc for it.

Something else I Was thinking as far as the specs go. ITs my understanding the Gamecube isn't but about half the power of the Xbox (half the CPU speed at least not sure of other stats). Anyways If I was to list the best graphics I have seen in a game in the past couple of years they would all be Gamecube exclusives. Playstation 2 isn't that great for obvious reasons and I don't think the Xbox has had anything super amazing either. Anyways the Metroid Prime games and REsident Evil 4 are two good examples of amazing graphics I think. MAybe Nintendo makes up for stats with easier to program hardware or something? Maybe the Xbox is too much like a PC to fully utilize its hardware? Just something to think about? I have never been amazed graphics wise by a Xbox title though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

Already have a 360, and love it to death.

Next on my list, the Revolution.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

Revolution....
why I love the idea of getting past games..... it would almost warrant me to sell my collection of games. The only thing i question is the controller..... so if worse comes to worse hopefully i can use a wavebird.

my next choice would be PS3 .... xbox 360 would be great if i like FPS.... which America pumps WAAAAY too many out. Like melancholy said...ps3 for rpgs
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL