Looking at getting a Gamecube

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Smurph »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Smurph wrote:Also, if you want to get one with digital out, you're going to have to get it used.
Doesn't really matter; the component (and other high-end) cables are impossible to find anyway. Might as well wait for the Rev. for that.
BAM! But it's $30...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Smurph wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
Smurph wrote:Also, if you want to get one with digital out, you're going to have to get it used.
Doesn't really matter; the component (and other high-end) cables are impossible to find anyway. Might as well wait for the Rev. for that.
BAM! But it's $30...
It's on backorder.
It's thinking...
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

Kenichi wrote:Super Smash Bros. Melee
Animal Crossing
Resident Evil
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness
Starfox Adventures
Metroid Prime
Billy The Hatcher (played a demo, it was awesome)
I got Metriod Prime for $.67 at BlockBuster because I had a $5 gift card, and all pre-owned games were 25% off, and the game itself was $7 so I got a good deal.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

-Monkey ball games are a must for single or multiplayer.
-If you're a wrestling fan Day of Reckoning or Day of Reckoning 2 (I'd go with the 2nd).
-Paper Mario looks good. I own it, but never played it. For my gf really. :P
-Metroid Prime was pretty good, but once I stopped playing it I never got into it again.
-Mario Party games definately for 2 or more players.
-Mario Kart DD is essential for cube, as almost any mario kart for any Nintendo console.
-PSO 1 and 2 are good if you don't have them on another console (I have on 3 :P).
-Sonic Gems is good for having Sonic CD
-Resident Evil games. All of them are a must for fans of the series especially if you don't have on another console.
-Zelda WW. Now I'm not the biggest fan of zelda, or RPGs in general really, but WW was amazing to me. The main draw was the artistic style, veeery nice.
-Animal Crossing does look nice, but I just can't get into it.
-Wario Ware, Inc. is a great set of mini games. I enjoyed it a lot.
-Mario Sunshine gets a lot of crap but personally I loved it.
-Super Smash Bros. is definately one of my favourite games.
-Donkey Konga = greatness. I played it again yesterday for the first time in nearly a year. Man do I suck now. It definately is fun and you can get a lot of people playing on it that might not play video games normally. Great interactive game.

Surely from the games mentioned by me and everyone else is more than enough persuasion (?) to go out and by a Cube. I myself own 2. 1 black (second hand) and one purple which my gf bought new. If I ever see the silver cube with pokemon XD bundle for $99 again I'll pick it up in a heartbeat simply because I can resell pokemon on ebay for atleast $70 (the going rate a few weeks ago)
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I just beat Star Fox Adventures. It's one of the best Zelda clones I've seen, plus the visuals are freakin' amazing.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I've been thinking about picking that up, if I can find it cheap enough I think I might.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

God, I lost all of my Gamecube games :(. I'll probably pick up copies of the good ones that I lost when I can find them cheap on eBay. Animal Crossing rocks so hardcore. Also, Super Smash Bros is a must, and if you want an awesome thrilling game, get Resident Evil 4. You will not look back after picking this almost magical title up.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

oooooooooooooookay, I think I'm convinced. I'll probably buy used, but I don't care if it's got component or not, I have have one set of inputs on my tv.