Gay sperm need not apply

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gay sperm need not apply

Post by Roofus »

"To the dismay of gay-rights activists, the Food and Drug Administration is about to implement new rules recommending that any man who has engaged in homosexual sex in the previous five years be barred from serving as an anonymous sperm donor. The FDA has rejected calls to scrap the provision, insisting that gay men collectively pose a higher-than-average risk of carrying the AIDS virus."

Link
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

Thats actually pretty serious. Now I've never dononated sperm, but aren't there tests and precautions. When I read the subject title, the first thing that came to mind, would be an arguement related to how being gay is carried in genes, and that for some reason under those terms it shouldn't be accepted and would lead to a gay america. Either way I won't be suprised if this gets a good amount of publicity, seeing as it does directly discriminate on the basis of sexuality. At least I see it that way...seeing as theres no scientific basis.
Last edited by molotovwars on Sat May 07, 2005 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

I heard something mentioned about this, and I seriously hope this gets overturned. They should have required tests (and they do) before sperm donation, so if they're baring gays just for that reason alone, it isn't right. Especially if they're tested first.

(Couldn't get out the words right. =/)
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

One word can sum this up... SODOMITES!
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

AuroEdge wrote:One word can sum this up... SODOMITES!
Don't bother us with your hobbies.
Insane homebrew collector.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

All guys should be tested. If I was a chick, having straight guy sperm with aids wouldn't be better than gay guy sperm with aids.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

All guys should be tested. If I was a chick, having straight guy sperm with aids wouldn't be better than gay guy sperm with aids.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Untamed wrote:I heard something mentioned about this, and I seriously hope this gets overturned. They should have required tests (and they do) before sperm donation, so if they're baring gays just for that reason alone, it isn't right. Especially if they're tested first.

(Couldn't get out the words right. =/)
Yeah, I could understand them saying any male that is untested for any sexual diessess. Picking out gays for aids alone is wrong.

Now I want to say this knowing it is wrong and stupid, but I want to beat someone too it. So here I go.

It is a proven scientific fact that gays have gay babies. The research was like done at harvard. :roll:
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

The exact same rule applies to donating blood, and has for a very long time.

Why complain now?

Rand.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Rand Linden wrote:The exact same rule applies to donating blood, and has for a very long time.

Why complain now?

Rand.
I don't see the logic behind that one either. They test your blood for everything before it ever makes it into the supply. And they're always complaining of blood shortages. :roll:
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

It's just risk factor, if you test 100 straight males and 3 end up hiv positive, then you've spent for 100 tests and have 97 good batches. If you test 100 gay males and 20 end up hiv positive you've spent the same amount with less product. It boils down to cost effectiveness. statistically your still a higher risk for hiv as a gay male, work and change that and then complain.
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

FETUS wrote:It's just risk factor, if you test 100 straight males and 3 end up hiv positive, then you've spent for 100 tests and have 97 good batches. If you test 100 gay males and 20 end up hiv positive you've spent the same amount with less product. It boils down to cost effectiveness. statistically your still a higher risk for hiv as a gay male, work and change that and then complain.
Bullshit. If you test 100 batches of blood and 3 come up HIV positive. You've saved three blood recipients from HIV. I wouldn't care what the sexual orientation of the person whose blood I'm recieving is. I'd care that it's been tested for diseases.
Last edited by Roofus on Sat May 07, 2005 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Roofus wrote:
FETUS wrote:It's just risk factor, if you test 100 straight males and 3 end up hiv positive, then you've spent for 100 tests and have 97 good batches. If you test 100 gay males and 20 end up hiv positive you've spent the same amount with less product. It boils down to cost effectiveness. statistically your still a higher risk for hiv as a gay male, work and change that and then complain.
Bullshit. If you test 100 batches of blood and 3 come up HIV positive. You've saved three blood recipients from HIV. I wouldn't care what the sexual orientation of the person whose blood I'm recieving is. I'd care that it's been tested for diseases.
You know you aren't supposed to get around the word filter..
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

I really don't get this artificial insemination thing. If you can't have a baby, why not ADOPTING one?
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

Roofus wrote:
You comepletely missed the point, to keep costs down they want high risk people out. They have to test everything. since gay men have a higher risk for aids they are more likely to give useless blood or semen.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Then you set it up so if anyone is HIV positive they pay for the test. That way you've spent for 177 tests and have 177 good batches.
It's thinking...
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Stormwatch wrote:I really don't get this artificial insemination thing. If you can't have a baby, why not ADOPTING one?
Because it's part of our evolutionary history / perogative to want our own DNA carried into the next generation.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

For the most part if your donating blood plasma or semen your not havin the best luck, most places pay for those donations so you would see a lot less people donating for fear they may be leaving with a bill instead of money in there pocket.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

FETUS wrote:For the most part if your donating blood plasma or semen your not havin the best luck, most places pay for those donations so you would see a lot less people donating for fear they may be leaving with a bill instead of money in there pocket.
As opposed to the lot less people donating because they like snails over oysters?
It's thinking...
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with being a sexualy active gay not just gay. I bet if you've use needle drugs you can't donate either same with any high risk factor. It's nothing of bigotry or hatred it's just plain statistics and cost effectiveness. Like I said before when the homosexual comunity is no longer a high risk group then they can complain untill then its there own fault.