Pope calls gay marriage evil

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Zealous zerotype »

TreyDay wrote:
zerotype wrote:
TreyDay wrote:
zerotype wrote:
TreyDay wrote:You shouldn't debate when you're mad. It makes you sound irrational. Not being allowed to marry is not oppression. If it is, then I like to smoke weed. I'm not hurting anyone when I smoke, so I'm oppressed too. They should just legalize it. I like to gamble too, I'm not hurting anyone when I gamble. There's another oppression from the man. I like to shoot handguns too. But since I'm under 21, I can't buy one on my own. I'm too oppressed. Damn, I guess oppression is just part of the everyday life.
Yes weed should be legal (oh let me help you out the way you suggest. Just move to Amsterdamn and enjoy smoking instead of it becoming legal here). Upset about gambling take it up with your senetor (finaly is legal here). Handguns are illegal for underage people for a reason, responsibilty. When you hit that age, enjoy.
Or... I could just act like it is legal and do it anyway. I don't need to move just cuz I don't get my way. If it ever becomes legal, then good. If it don't, oh well, I'm doin it anyways. :P :P :P 8-) 8-) 8-) :arrow: :| :arrow: :| :arrow: :| :!: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

And lol @ responsibility with handguns. I can buy an SKS assualt rifle or AK-47 right now out of the Buy-Sell bulletin, but I can't buy a weak-ass .22? Doesn't make any sense. Assualt rifles shoot through bullet-proof vests. .22s can't even shoot through people. But .22s are deadly. You could shoot someone in the leg and it hit their bone, and it could ricochet up their leg, through the lung, and get stuck in their heart. But still, it'd be better if it was just all legal. Cuz I'm oppressed if I can't have my handgun. Damn the man! Now, I just got to go buy it off the books. So, when someone breaks in my house, now I got to shoot them, and dump the body cuz I shot them with an illegal gun. It makes no sense.
Oh you're so kewl. I too smoke weed even though it is illegal you know why? Who the fudge is gona stop me. I too can buy about any gun I want ever seen a 50cal sniper rifel? Probaly, but anyways it does make sense to make guns illegal for younger people so what if you can get them.
You don't understand the point I'm trying to make. But then again, I expect YOU to not understand. I'm saying, banning same-sex marriage is not oppression. It's just the law. Just like marijuana bans, gun control, and gambling laws are just laws. Not oppression. dumbass
Oh ok, dumbass. Those are rights you have or do not. Marrage is one that most have, however some do not beucase of their sexual orentation. Which is out right wrong again, dumbass.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

zerotype wrote:
TreyDay wrote:
zerotype wrote:
TreyDay wrote:
zerotype wrote:
TreyDay wrote:You shouldn't debate when you're mad. It makes you sound irrational. Not being allowed to marry is not oppression. If it is, then I like to smoke weed. I'm not hurting anyone when I smoke, so I'm oppressed too. They should just legalize it. I like to gamble too, I'm not hurting anyone when I gamble. There's another oppression from the man. I like to shoot handguns too. But since I'm under 21, I can't buy one on my own. I'm too oppressed. Damn, I guess oppression is just part of the everyday life.
Yes weed should be legal (oh let me help you out the way you suggest. Just move to Amsterdamn and enjoy smoking instead of it becoming legal here). Upset about gambling take it up with your senetor (finaly is legal here). Handguns are illegal for underage people for a reason, responsibilty. When you hit that age, enjoy.
Or... I could just act like it is legal and do it anyway. I don't need to move just cuz I don't get my way. If it ever becomes legal, then good. If it don't, oh well, I'm doin it anyways. :P :P :P 8-) 8-) 8-) :arrow: :| :arrow: :| :arrow: :| :!: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

And lol @ responsibility with handguns. I can buy an SKS assualt rifle or AK-47 right now out of the Buy-Sell bulletin, but I can't buy a weak-ass .22? Doesn't make any sense. Assualt rifles shoot through bullet-proof vests. .22s can't even shoot through people. But .22s are deadly. You could shoot someone in the leg and it hit their bone, and it could ricochet up their leg, through the lung, and get stuck in their heart. But still, it'd be better if it was just all legal. Cuz I'm oppressed if I can't have my handgun. Damn the man! Now, I just got to go buy it off the books. So, when someone breaks in my house, now I got to shoot them, and dump the body cuz I shot them with an illegal gun. It makes no sense.
Oh you're so kewl. I too smoke weed even though it is illegal you know why? Who the fudge is gona stop me. I too can buy about any gun I want ever seen a 50cal sniper rifel? Probaly, but anyways it does make sense to make guns illegal for younger people so what if you can get them.
You don't understand the point I'm trying to make. But then again, I expect YOU to not understand. I'm saying, banning same-sex marriage is not oppression. It's just the law. Just like marijuana bans, gun control, and gambling laws are just laws. Not oppression. dumbass
Oh ok, dumbass. Those are rights you have or do not. Marrage is one that most have, however some do not beucase of their sexual orentation. Which is out right wrong again, dumbass.
No dumb fk. Gay people can get married. They just can't get married to the same sex, dumb fk.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

let me be succinct.

1.the pope should stop being the ''pope'' He dribbles on himself during speeches, gets sick all the time. I think the media is getting sick of him as well.

2. gay marriage evil? Sodom and Gomorrah? The Bible? ''Men who lie with other men''? He's the pope, he has to represent the Christian perspective, which may mean NOT being PC.

3. Aren't you all tired of this now? It's always religion, homosexuality or abortion.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

So are you in fact saying that if it was illegal for you to marry a woman, you wouldn't consider that oppression, or wrong? It would just be the law?

edit:
3. Aren't you all tired of this now? It's always religion, homosexuality or abortion.
it's hard to stay away.
Last edited by greay on Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

If the norm in this country was for everyone to be gay, then yes. I would go through life without getting married.
-Mike Jones

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

That's dumb. If it was the norm, I'd argue for your right to marry. Why does it have to be only the norm? Why can't it just be fair?
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

No dumb fk. Gay people can get married. They just can't get married to the same sex,dumb fk.
WHAT???
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Gay people can still marry women. Just like a straight man can't marry another man, a gay man shouldn't be able to marry another man.
-Mike Jones

greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Why do you keep bringing that up? We all know that, and we all (except for you, it seems) know that it's completely besides the point.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

It's besides who's point? It's hitting my point right on the head.
-Mike Jones

greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

nevermind.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Treyday really is an ignorant prick isn't he? :?

WHY WOULD A GAY MAN WANT TO MARRY A WOMAN!? :evil: :roll:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Well, hell, if he was a real man, he would want to.!! bop bop
-Mike Jones

FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

This all tells me something.
By making this a human rights issue, you think you can bypass democracy and villify christianity.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

TreyDay wrote:
0nionfrog wrote:So you are here to judge people....

BTW WWJD?
It is human nature to judge people. There's no way around it. When you meet people, you either think they're cool or you don't.

BTW, Jesus would probably judge people by their character too.
even though he says not to in the bible :roll:
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

TreyDay has moved so far away from logic with that ridiculous argument equating gun control to oppression that I think I'm finished responding to him, as it's obvious that he has no intention of using reason to back up his argument. Instead, I'll respond to FETUS.
FETUS wrote:This all tells me something.
By making this a human rights issue, you think you can bypass democracy and villify christianity.
Nobody is trying to bypass democracy. Our country was founded upon several important priniples. One was democracy. Another was equality. That is all gay people want. If it pisses off the Pope, screw him. He's an intolerant bigot if he honestly thinks that gay people are inherently evil and should be barred from expressing their commitment to one another the same way that heterosexual couples do. Just because not all of us believe in one particular take on the Bible does not mean we're trying to villify a particular religion. We just don't believe in a religion that preaches hatred and intolerance.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by megaman8x »

MystiK wrote:let me be succinct.

1.the pope should stop being the ''pope'' He dribbles on himself during speeches, gets sick all the time. I think the media is getting sick of him as well.

2. gay marriage evil? Sodom and Gomorrah? The Bible? ''Men who lie with other men''? He's the pope, he has to represent the Christian perspective, which may mean NOT being PC.
the pope is for catholics, which is another story...

i wish the old fart would just die already
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Well, it is a human rights issue. Or an issue of equal treatment: one class of people being afforded the same privileges that another class of people is. There's also a reason our government is set up the way it is, with the courts being able to overturn unconstitutional laws. Y'know, the whole checks & balances thing.

And while some of the forum members here may have a good deal of animosity towards Christianity, do I need to say that I'm not among them?
Untamed
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Untamed »

TreyDay wrote:And stop trying to play the race card. Nobody chooses their race. Gay people choose to be gay.

Last time I checked, it wasn't my fault that I can't pop a boner from some women doing whatever to me.

"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."

You're obviously stupid.
"Ignorance can be cured, stupidity cannot."
Roofus wrote:Gay marriage and donkey rape are the same thing. Duh. :roll:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Exactly!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211