Pope calls gay marriage evil

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pope calls gay marriage evil

Post by Roofus »

"Homosexual marriages are part of 'a new ideology of evil' that is insidiously threatening society, Pope John Paul says in his newly published book. In Memory and Identity, the Pope also calls abortion a 'legal extermination' comparable to attempts to wipe out Jews and other groups in the 20th century. He also reveals that he is convinced the Turkish gunman who shot him in 1981 did not act alone and suggests that the former Communist Bloc may have been behind the plot to kill him."

Read article
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

In Memory and Identity, the Pope also calls abortion a 'legal extermination' comparable to attempts to wipe out Jews and other groups in the 20th century
Yeah, too bad the church just pretty much went along with/ignored the Holocaust, and in a few cases even supported it. I'm unimpressed with a condemnation that condemns his own organization.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

I've been saying this for years. But now the Pope says it, and everyone agrees.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

TreyDay wrote:I've been saying this for years. But now the Pope says it, and everyone agrees.
I'd like to correct you on one small point here. Perhaps you have been saying this for years. That means that now, you and the Pope agree. 'Everyone' would include me, and I strongly disagree with the Pope on this matter among many others.

I don't think there is anything that even remotely resembles an ideology of evil anywhere in the gay community, and certainly nothing that is going to destroy or threaten society. They just want to have their love recognized. There is nothing evil in that. If anything, the Pope should look at the history of the Catholic Church. Many of his predecessors caused or allowed the threatening and destruction of many societies under the banner of a Loving God, so I wouldn't look to the Catholic Church for a shining example of a good, evil-free moral code.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

People fear what they don't know.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

I guess people really don't know the pope.
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

When it comes to evil, the church would certainly know... just ask any of the hundreds (or thousands?) of children that were molested by their priests.

Nice to know that the pope doesn't live in a glass house afterall.

Rand.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

He can say all he wants and if you ask me he can go fuck himself. The fact remains that religion isn't supposed to have an influence on government here in the United States. People are supposed to have free will and disallowing gay marriage blocks free will.
It's thinking...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Rand Linden wrote:When it comes to evil, the church would certainly know... just ask any of the hundreds (or thousands?) of children that were molested by their priests.
Considering how long it has been going on and shielded by the church (it's far from modern - goes back hundreds of years) it is undoubtedly well into the thousands.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

popley wrote:People fear what they don't know.
I think everyone knows what gay marriage is....

The masses just do not accept it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

farrell2k wrote:

The masses don't know what the love associated with homosexuality is.
It's thinking...
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

|darc| wrote:
farrell2k wrote:

That really doesn't matter, but o.k.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

farrell2k wrote:
|darc| wrote:
farrell2k wrote:

That really doesn't matter, but o.k.
Yes, it does. People fear what they don't know. They don't know the love associated with homosexuality. Therefore, according to popley's logic, the people fear it, because they don't know it. Because the people fear it, they ban it.
It's thinking...
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

No one "fears" gay couples. People either like it, or they don't. Those who like it, or accept it, will want to allow it. Those who do not like it will not want to allow it. You do NOT have to understand something to like or dislike it, or its impact on your world.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

|darc| wrote:He can say all he wants and if you ask me he can go fudge himself. The fact remains that religion isn't supposed to have an influence on government here in the United States. People are supposed to have free will and disallowing gay marriage blocks free will.
A straight man is not allowed to marry another man, so why should a gay man get to have that right? Gay people aren't special. They should have to follow the exact same laws that straight people follow.
-Mike Jones

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

TreyDay wrote:
|darc| wrote:He can say all he wants and if you ask me he can go fudge himself. The fact remains that religion isn't supposed to have an influence on government here in the United States. People are supposed to have free will and disallowing gay marriage blocks free will.
A straight man is not allowed to marry another man, so why should a gay man get to have that right? Gay people aren't special. They should have to follow the exact same laws that straight people follow.
I do believe the term is actually "Same-Sex Marraige" so a straight man could marry another man, if he so wanted. It's amazing how a misnomer leads to arguements like that.

People should be free to marry anyone they see fit, though only one spouse at a time.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

TreyDay wrote:A straight man is not allowed to marry another man, so why should a gay man get to have that right? Gay people aren't special. They should have to follow the exact same laws that straight people follow.
Please explain why some people should not be allowed to marry the person they want to.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

I agree with most of you. You should be able to marry whoever the hell you see fit. The pope can just STFU because it's not like he has a say in government. He's the same guy that I read an article on earlier. He condemned SpongeBob Squarepants for being gay... :roll:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

TreyDay wrote:
A straight man is allowed to marry the person he loves, so why shouldn't a gay person have that right? Straight people aren't special. They should have to follow the exact same laws that gay people follow.
It's thinking...
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

|darc| wrote:
TreyDay wrote:
A straight man is allowed to marry the person he loves, so why shouldn't a gay person have that right? Straight people aren't special. They should have to follow the exact same laws that gay people follow.
A straight man can marry a woman he doesn't love, so why can't a gay man do the same? Gay people act like marriage is something where love is required. It ain't.
-Mike Jones