List SPECIFIC Additions/Changes for NEXT Dsnes here!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Captain Tokyo »

Forgive me if you think I'm flogging a dead horse here, but I've had another idea about a 'reset ROM' feature.
How about this?
When you return to the menu (after holding the analog stick to the left for three seconds) there are already several options on the main page including 'resume game'. Why not also include 'restart game'?
For instance, if you needed to reset your game this would save you having to load the ROM list, locate the ROM within the list, and then finally load the ROM.
Also this way you wouldn't need to use up any extra buttons during the game.

Just a suggestion :)
HatingDreamcastRightNow
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Reset thing

Post by HatingDreamcastRightNow »

Yea, the reset rom thing would be great. It's not needed but us lazy people would appreciate it. And getting Kirby Super Star working is really unimportant but would be really great. I wish I never sold that game when I had it,
sketch7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sketch7 »

I'd like to see the Justifier supported, along with better Super Scope support, so that I can play Lethal Enforcers.
LittleChief275
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by LittleChief275 »

I would like to be able to resize the screen. I can't see all of it sometimes.
unwheredc
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by unwheredc »

how about choosing whether to save or not? If you mess up in a game that auto-saves, maybe you would want to go back to the main screen and not save it? just a thought. thats another use for resets............

useless link heehee
I'm unwhere
You're not
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

unwheredc wrote:how about choosing whether to save or not? If you mess up in a game that auto-saves, maybe you would want to go back to the main screen and not save it? just a thought. thats another use for resets............
If the game has written your mess-up to the SRAM, then resetting the game will not help you. Nor would it have on a real SNES.

Have people still not suceeded in finding the already existing reset function btw?
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

mc wrote:Have people still not suceeded in finding the already existing reset function btw?
Are you talking about the Dreamcast reset with the keyboard?

Or a DreamSNES reset?
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Hm... is it alt, ctrl, del?
It's thinking...
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

someoneElse wrote:
mc wrote:Have people still not suceeded in finding the already existing reset function btw?
Are you talking about the Dreamcast reset with the keyboard?

Or a DreamSNES reset?
Both. |darc| has discovered one of them, but not the one which was actually relevant here. :-)
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

[quote="|darc|"][/quote]

Shhh......if somebody couldn't figure that one out, let them be surprised...
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Is the ROM reset ctrl+del?

Sorry, I don't feel like swapping my VGA cable to my vga adapter at the moment.

Anyways, something I'd like to see in DreamSNES is frameskip selection.
It's thinking...
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Alright, first i'd like to say thanks to the dsnes team for reading and replying to our posts here on the boards, very cool of you guys.

There are a few things i'd love to see in dsnes:

1. An option in the music thing for stereo, mono, mute, or MP3 (keep playing the mp3 tracks on the disc while playing SNES games). This would rule, although I guess it'd probably slow down the speed of the games. Also, I think DSNES is the absolute best mp3 player for the dc, waaaaaay better than dcdivx.

2. Save State.

3. Modem Based 2nd player option so me and my buddy can play rock n roll racing on our own dc's.

4. Switch analoug stick functions with d-pad

5. Better sound engine, i don't know how to explain this, but like on the intro to gundam wing: endless duell, there's this badass song, but instead of hittin this high chorus it's just like a vibrating sound.

6. Some different controller layouts, maybe customizable and linkable to a rom?

7. A function to load right into a game, the game.nes equivelancy. No warnings, just game.

8. I think I can kinda explain why we want a reset button for the roms. Sometimes it's nice to just reset a rom without exiting back to the menu then getting your list all reloaded and finding your game to reset it. Just map it to like l+r+a or something.

9. Integrate the full reset function (A+B+X+Y+Start, GREAT for us demo menu users).

10. Full Speed (der)

Alright, that's my list. Just wanted to thank you guys for the port, the mp3 engine, the themes and music rule, and the roms.lst function in dsnes 97 kicks major ass, keep up the good work.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

3. Modem Based 2nd player option so me and my buddy can play rock n roll racing on our own dc's.
Hobbyist modem-based anything is dead in the water unless someone finds a way to resolve the firmware situation. Things don't look terribly promising.
on the intro to gundam wing: endless duell, there's this badass song
Just FYI, the song is called "Rhythm Emotion", and various versions and remixes of it are floating around, just in case you really like it and didn't know. :)
7. A function to load right into a game, the game.nes equivelancy. No warnings, just game.
Being able to skip the warning screen kind of defeats the purpose of including the warning screen...
Just map it to like l+r+a or something.
Something something Chrono Trigger something something. Or did you mean "A" on the Dreamcast controller?
Integrate the full reset function (A+B+X+Y+Start, GREAT for us demo menu users).
At least one game uses this button combination for a code. I guess that wouldn't preclude restricting the reset to the menu, though.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Yeah I know somebody has to come up with a set of modem drivers first, but i think that'd be the ultimate for any emulator. I'm surprised none of the authors haven't just broken down and swiped a set out of a dc game, but that'd be warez, and we can't accept that.

I meant like all at once on the buttons for the resets.

:idea: Okay howsaboot this. Currently, the toggle stick held left is for menu exit, up for select. Why not map a hold for 3 seconds on the right = reset emulator, hold down for 3 seconds = reset rom? If you had to you could also bind them with the holding in both triggers. :idea:

And thanks for the heads up on that song, must find it now.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
BboyDocument
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BboyDocument »

Yeah I know somebody has to come up with a set of modem drivers first, but i think that'd be the ultimate for any emulator. I'm surprised none of the authors haven't just broken down and swiped a set out of a dc game, but that'd be warez, and we can't accept that.
????
Stripping down a dreamcast game with online support and finding how the game interacts with the dreamcast modems firmware ISN'T illegal. It's called "knowledge". Having "knowledge" on how to use the firmware wouldn't be illegal.

Would making an online/multiplayer PC game, with code in it to support and interact with a network card/modems firmware etc.. be illegal.
I don't think so.
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

BboyDocument wrote:????
Stripping down a dreamcast game with online support and finding how the game interacts with the dreamcast modems firmware ISN'T illegal. It's called "knowledge". Having "knowledge" on how to use the firmware wouldn't be illegal.
Ok, for the people who don't read the developer lists and don't know how this works:

The firmware is not flashed in the modem. It needs to be uploaded to the modem by the game. So unless you'd also extract the actual firmware from the game (which is copyrighted) and distribute it with your homebrew apps, there wouldn't be anything to "interact" with.
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

one major thing please let us turn frame skip on or off

Post by reaper2k2 »

i think this emulator is not bad but the frame skip makes me not use it
i have a keyboard please tell me theres a way to turn off frame skip
like in sintendo because i dont mined it being slow but the missing
frames are nasty and snesx9 why you port that its slow even on a fast
pc but the NO1 THING SHOULD BE TO TURN FRAME SKIP OFF

every think is is perfect to me the way it is now come on ppl vote for
a way to turn frame skip on and off

dsnes is very pro and feels like really pros work now all it needs is to live up to how good it looks and feels speed i think could be full very soon iam sure they have full speed betas all i want is frame skip option

please please lol

reaper
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

snesx9 why you port that its slow even on a fast
pc
1) It's not really that slow - I was happily playing stuff with SNES9x in 1998. On a 100MHz Cyrix 6x86. With Linux/XFree86 getting between it and the hardware. Yeah, there was frameskip, and Mode 7 brought it to its knees, but it was playable.

2) Probably because it's the only portable SNES emulator that has good compatibility. The only way to port ZSNES to Dreamcast would be to run it through an x86 emulator, and that's going to be just a bit slower than snes9x running natively...
BizzyRok
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BizzyRok »

Try to make Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Dragoball Z Hyper Dimension work for future releases.
-Johnick-
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by -Johnick- »

ini files for each game with seperate settings on them.example

supermarioworld.smc
supermarioworld.ini

and the ini could be like this(0= off 1 for on)
for a fast game like mario world.

Sound = 1
Mono sound = 0
Transparencies = 1
full screen = 1

or for a slow game like Chrono Trigger

Sound = 0
Mono sound = 0
Transparencies = 0
full screen = 1

you could even add options that are not implemented yet like a variable sound sample rate.