Sounds from Hell in Siberia (real, eerie story)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sounds from Hell in Siberia (real, eerie story)

Post by AuroEdge »

http://amightywind.com/mp3/hellscreams.mp3
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/audio/dighell.ram

This is a copy of the audio from what was heard in Siberia. Of course, any story of this nature is hard to believe no matter how much evidence is provided. I myself remember my dad a few years ago telling me to come listen to the radio while this newsbroadcast was on. The story is kinda long so I'll just copy it from somewhere:

---------------------------------

A geological group who drilled a hole about 14.4 kilometers deep in the crust of the earth are saying that they heard human screams. Screams have been heard from the condemned souls from earth's deepest hole. Terrified scientists are afraid they have let loose the evil powers of hell up to the earth's surface.

'The information we are gathering is so surprising, that we are sincerely afraid of what we might find down there,' stated Dr Azzacov, the manager of the project in remote Siberia.

'The second surprise was the high temperature they discovered in the earth's center. 'The calculations indicate the given temperature was about 1,100 degrees Celsius, or over 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit,' Azzacov pointed out. 'This is far more then we expected. It seems almost like an inferno of fire is brutally going on in the center of the earth.

'The last discovery was nevertheless the most shocking to our ears, so much so that the scientists are afraid to continue the project. We tried to listen to the earth's movements at certain intervals with supersensitive microphones, which were let down through the hole. What we heard turned those logically thinking scientists into a trembling ruins. It was a sometimes a weak, but high pitched sound which we thought to be coming from our own equipment,' explained Dr Azzacov.

'But after some adjustments we comprehended that indeed the sound came from the earth's interior. We could hardly believe our own ears. We heard a human voice, screaming in pain. Even though one voice was discernible, we could hear thousands, perhaps millions, in the background, of suffering souls screaming. After this ghastly discovery, about half of the scientists quit because of fear. Hopefully, that which is down there will stay there,' Dr Azzacov added.

'What really unnerved the Soviets, apart from the voice recordings, was the appearance that same night of a fountainhead of luminous gas shooting up from the drill site, and out of the midst of this incandescent cloud pillar a brilliant being with bat wings revealed itself with the words (in Russian): 'I have conquered,' emblazoned against the dark Siberian sky.

'The incident was absolutely unreal; the Soviets cried out in terror,' says Mr. Nummedal. Later that night, he saw ambulance crews circulating in the community. A driver he knew told him that they had been told to sedate everybody with a medication known to erase short term memory. The Soviets use this drug in the treatment of shock victims.

-----------------

What's weird about this whole thing is, how do we really know what is down far beneath the Earth's surface when current mines and other big digs don't go down nearly as far? If Hell is really down there, I wonder why the Sun wouldn't be a much 'cozier' place to put Hell.

This site says it isn't real, so who knows http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.htm
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I don't know if it is just my speakers or waht, but all I heard was noise in that mp3. The read itself is kind of freaky though, any idea when this dig took place?

http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.htm

edit: damn, you reposted the snopes link like 2 mins before me!
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Its a false story spread by Christians to defend the validness of their religion. Turns out to be untrue. I would say the same of their religion.

It would be more interesting if they drilled a couple kms into the earth and heard sounds of actual people....as if there were neanderthal beings inhabiting caves down there.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

look at it this way... if heaven is up (in space) and hell is below us (center of earth) why would we not see/hear anything when we made it to space...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

As freaky as that is, I must say that scientific proof should not be needed for Christians to believe. Faith in God is all....

I think I'll stop before I start a discussion on religion...not a good topic....

Later!
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I think science has told us enough about the Earth's center. Anyone with a clue knows immediately this is BS. If there is a Hell, its not within the Earth.
It's thinking...
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

*sings* Hell ain't a bad place! Hell is from here to eternity! :roll:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Code-Red wrote:Its a false story spread by Christians to defend the validness of their religion. Turns out to be untrue. I would say the same of their religion.
Offensive.
|darc| wrote:I think science has told us enough about the Earth's center. Anyone with a clue knows immediately this is BS. If there is a Hell, its not within the Earth.
I think this story is B.S.

That's my two-cents right there.

- Fuzmeister
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

S. Thompson wrote:
Code-Red wrote:Its a false story spread by Christians to defend the validness of their religion. Turns out to be untrue. I would say the same of their religion.
Offensive.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

You know, I love how if you disagree with a Christian, its automatically offensive. But if you tell an Atheist there's a God, theres nothing wrong.
It's thinking...
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

|darc| wrote:You know, I love how if you disagree with a Christian, its automatically offensive. But if you tell an Atheist there's a God, theres nothing wrong.
I am not standing up for any sides at this point. All I'm saying is to say someone's beliefs are wrong without giving logical reasons is not an arguement, it's cruelty.

There are thousands of ways I could demonstrate, but I'll refrain.

Not trying to start anything, just stating that I think his comment was kind of unintelligent... maybe mine was too or something.

- Fuzmeister
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I heard the sound was made by having 5 people vocalize moans, then mixing them.
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

|darc| wrote:
S. Thompson wrote:
Offensive.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

You know, I love how if you disagree with a Christian, its automatically offensive. But if you tell an Atheist there's a God, theres nothing wrong.
I never called that offensive, though I do think that claiming "Its a false story spread by Christians to defend the validness of their religion." is false.... As I said, if you truely beleive, there's no need to 'validate' Christianity....

Later!
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

It does sound like it's a hoax, a crappy hoax, that could've been easily done. What bothers me though, is the very small chance that infact this story, scientists drilling in Siberia put a microphone down 9 miles underground and heard this, is true. |darc| said that science proves that this is a fake. How? The idea of Earth having a core is speculation. You could even call it a theory, a generally accepted theory. I haven't studied Earth Science for a long time, but what I did learn that scientists think Earth has a core and a mantle based on seismic & sound wave readings. In fact, what we know about the center of Earth is almost as likely or unlikely as what we know about black holes. Our close proximity to it is what makes the difference. I really don't think Hell is in the center of the Earth. My reasoning is following Dante's Inferno that if you go straight down into Earth you'll find Hell, and then on the other side Purgatory surrounded by ocean and then Heaven. I'm pretty sure we would've found Purgatory by now if it were on Earth. I guess the only reason I'm even considering this to be at least partially true is because I'm quick to dismiss anything of this sort usually.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

The Earth doesn't have a mantle or core. The Earth is in fact, flat.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

It's an old urban myth.

They picked Russia because commies=evil, therefore obviously hell would be right beneath Russia and the pinko commie heathen ruskies wouldn't be able to work out theyd found hell when a huge bat winged creature comes out of their dig :roll:

Later that night, he saw ambulance crews circulating in the community. A driver he knew told him that they had been told to sedate everybody with a medication known to erase short term memory.
Because pinko commie heathen ruskies don't follow the hippocratic oath!

Code-Reds comments probably are offensive to christians, but that entire story is actually pretty offensive to anyone with the power of critical thought.
I honestly can't believe someone would believe anything even remotely like that even for a second :?
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Nyarlathotep wrote: I honestly can't believe someone would believe anything even remotely like that even for a second :?

The bit about the demon rising up really ruins it.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Roofus wrote:The Earth doesn't have a mantle or core. The Earth is in fact, flat.
I still prefer the Round Earth Society :wink: .
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Roofus wrote:The Earth doesn't have a mantle or core. The Earth is in fact, flat.
That site is great!

Argument Three - The impossibilities of holding unsecured objects in place on a curved surface
1) Staying on top
Image Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?

:guffaw:
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I remember I think I saw this on MTV or something. Urbanlegends. It turned out to be false.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

|darc| wrote:Sometimes the truth hurts.

:guffaw: So true.