Eating Healthy at Fast Food (list)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eating Healthy at Fast Food (list)

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Arby's Side Salad Without Dressing =25 calories
Baskin Robbins Peachy Keen Sorbet=110 calories
Burger King Side Salad without Dressing = 25 calories
Chic-Fil-a Hearty breat of chicken soup =25 calories
Dairy queen = 1/2c vanilla soft serve =140 calories, 4.5g of fat
denny's chicken noodle soup=60 calories, 2g fat
hardee's small mashed potatoes=70 calories, 1/2 gram of fat
kfc corn on the kob =90 calories
little caesars tossed salad without dressing=50 calories
long john silver's side salad without dressing=20 calories
mcdonalds grilled chicken caesar dressing =100 calories
pizza hut breadstick (sigular) 130 calories
subway veggie delite salad=50 calories 10 grams of fat (O_O?)
taco bell taco = 170calories, 10g fat
Last edited by Egotistical EvilN on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

hairy queen = 1/2c vanilla soft serve =140 calories, 4.5g of fat
I think I'll pass on eating at the Hairy Queen.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

While those are all healthy things, look at the amount you get. I remember from working at Pizzahut that breadsticks are just about pure fat. They take the frozen breadsticks out of the freezer, then fill a baking pan with about 1 inch of vegetable oil. Then they stick the frozen breadstick in the tin in the oil where it pretty much just about covers the breadsticks. Sprinkle some spices on them and cook. Needless to say the bread soaks up every bid of the oil. This is the same way a pan pizza crust is made as well. 130 calories for 1 breadstick is quite a lot.

Also a lot of people don't realize this, but Pop (Maybe Soda where you come from) has more calories then many of your foods. Next time you drink a can of regular pop look at the calories, generally it will be between 150 to 190 calories of pure sugar. Just switching to diet pop alone could save people 1000 calories a day, maybe more. I know my friend goes through a 2 liter of pop aday and he complains about getting a gut. Well there is his main problem, drinking 1200 calories a day. Many of your diet pops are just about as good as there regular such as Diet Mountain Dew, Diet Faygo Red Pop, Diet Sprite, etc. Or better yet drink that clear non alcoholic liquid called water if your wanting to lose weight.

Wendy's now allows you to substitue the fries in a combo meal for there chili, side salad, or a baked potato. They also have light to fat free salad dresses to use on a salad. There Grilled Chicken Sandwich (GRILLED not FRYED) is realatively low fat, as is there chili. Of course a baked potatoe is only as healthy as you make it, soak it in butter and your better off with the fries. About all your Burger Style places offer some sort of Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Get those without Mayo and there fairly healthy. Bad part is most of your places make it cheaper to buy a value meal, and most places won't let you substitue the fries for something healthier. Wendys as of now is the only place I know of, Mcdonalds nor Burgerking has ever let me.

OF course Subway is fairly healthy. I like there GRilled Chicken Sandwich, and it fits under there healthy menu. I have found that generally Chicken, even if fried, is lower fat/calories/etc then any type of beef.

Taco Bell, while being my fav fast food place, has very little to offer a person dieting. Sure a TAco or a Pinto's and Cheese is fairly low, but if your the type of person who can get full off a single taco chances are your not overweight to begin with.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Here here to the drinking bit.
I drink a fair amount (read "like a fucking fish") so I've started to slack off and really watch what I'm drinking. I started buying Diet Rite Raspberry soda. It's made with Splenda, so it has no sugar, and it tastes great. One of my favorite soft drinks was Sam's Choice Raspberry soda, but no Wal-Mart in the area carries it anymore, Diet Rite is a near enough replica. Also the Strawberry-Kiwi and Tangerine flavors are pretty good as well.
Also I'm glad about the new Coke and Pepsi 1/2 sugar varieties (C2 and Pepsi Edge). They taste pretty much like the originals and don't have as much sugar.

Just a couple of suggestions for those of you out there who drink as much as I do. ;)
No signature.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Arby's will sell you roast beef with cheese or without cheese in little cup things.

Fresca
Diet Cherry Coke
Diet Coke with Lime
Diet Rite Mountain dew clone (i have seen this somewhere..)
Diet Vanilla Coke
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

toastman wrote:Here here to the drinking bit.
I drink a fair amount (read "like a fudging fish") so I've started to slack off and really watch what I'm drinking. I started buying Diet Rite Raspberry soda. It's made with Splenda, so it has no sugar, and it tastes great. One of my favorite soft drinks was Sam's Choice Raspberry soda, but no Wal-Mart in the area carries it anymore, Diet Rite is a near enough replica. Also the Strawberry-Kiwi and Tangerine flavors are pretty good as well.
Also I'm glad about the new Coke and Pepsi 1/2 sugar varieties (C2 and Pepsi Edge). They taste pretty much like the originals and don't have as much sugar.

Just a couple of suggestions for those of you out there who drink as much as I do. ;)
Diet Rite makes some very interesting flavors. They are also naturally caffeine-free, so that's another plus.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I personally haven't found a diet pop I really like. I too have the horrible habit of drinking 4 to 6 cans of pop a day, and I have a small gut from it. I've been really trying to cut down on pop, to help me lose weight since I eat all healthy stuff normally and probably would be losing a decent amount of weight if it weren't for the fact I keep drinking so much damn pop.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

EvilN wrote:Arby's will sell you roast beef with cheese or without cheese in little cup things.

Fresca
Diet Cherry Coke
Diet Coke with Lime
Diet Rite Mountain dew clone (i have seen this somewhere..)
Diet Vanilla Coke
Diet Vanilla Coke is among the most vile things I've ever tasted. It falls in line with "Somehow, lets add *more* sugar to a Coke product, then replace it all with aspartame." The only thing I've found more disturbing is Diet Big Red. For any that don't know, Big Red is usually found in the South and is more or less tastes like a big strawberry sugar stick. Diet... well, you get the idea.

Adding to the list:

Diet A&W Cream Soda (gf introduced this to me... this stuff rules)
Crystal Light lemonade
Fruit-2-O ("fruit-two-oooh")
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Sanchez wrote:Diet A&W Cream Soda (gf introduced this to me... this stuff rules)
I'm a huge cream soda fan, I may have to try this.

Also how is aspartame bad? I know it causes cancer or something in rats, but has it really been proven bad for humans?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Inu_Sess__ wrote:
Sanchez wrote:Diet A&W Cream Soda (gf introduced this to me... this stuff rules)
I'm a huge cream soda fan, I may have to try this.

Also how is aspartame bad? I know it causes cancer or something in rats, but has it really been proven bad for humans?
Your thinking of Sacrine (Sweet N Low/the pink packages). Supposedly It was later found that you would have to use a insane amount of the stuff to get cancer from it. Also something funny about that cancer bit, It was the Sugar companies that funded the research that claimed it caused cancer. They said the way it caused the cancer was by mixing it so thick that it was like a paste and they pained it onto lab rats and some of them developed cancer. Aspartame hasn't been proven to be bad for you. There is a few people who claim it can cause memory loss in high doses, but there is no proof to back it up. Most diet pops use aspartame, minus the Diet Rite brands which use Splenda. I personally prefer Splenda over aspartame.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

It's not that aspartame is particularly bad, it just has a rather distinctive aftertaste.... And especially when they have to modify a high-sugar drink with a larger amount of it, it tends to get a little, well, blegh...
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Just drink water. I switched to water a few months back and ate a little less (I stopped randomly eating crap in the kitchen and actually watched myself. I continued to eat unheathily at lunch in school, with a lunch consisting of nothing but trash like cookies, chips, crackers, etc. I also continued to drink soft drinks with meals, but water whenever I just wanted some drink). I lost like 20-25 pounds. It's not hard to do, at all.
It's thinking...
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

|darc| wrote:Just drink water. I switched to water a few months back and ate a little less (I stopped randomly eating crap in the kitchen and actually watched myself. I continued to eat unheathily at lunch in school, with a lunch consisting of nothing but trash like cookies, chips, crackers, etc. I also continued to drink soft drinks with meals, but water whenever I just wanted some drink). I lost like 20-25 pounds. It's not hard to do, at all.
Yeah I did that at the beginning of my last school year, and lost about 20lbs. I currently weigh 155, and want todrop down to 140 or 135, since I still appear to be fat. It's very hard to lose that much extra weight, but hopefully me stop drinking pop now will help.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

pizza hut breadstick (sigular) 130 calories
The problem is, if you're like me, you'll eat 10 of them.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.