GBA SP

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by curt_grymala »

JuddWack wrote: Forget about the NES ports, thats what nester if for. Those games get old quick. The only one worth it I think is Zelda, but then you have that decision between Zelda I or A Link to the Past.
Bullcrap! Super Mario Advance 4 is well worth it (that's the port of Super Mario 3). You have to get that. It is actually more like a port of the SNES version of Super Mario 3 (from Mario Allstars) and includes a few extras as well. It's a great game, and well worth it.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

curt_grymala wrote:
JuddWack wrote: Forget about the NES ports, thats what nester if for. Those games get old quick. The only one worth it I think is Zelda, but then you have that decision between Zelda I or A Link to the Past.
Bullcrap! Super Mario Advance 4 is well worth it (that's the port of Super Mario 3). You have to get that. It is actually more like a port of the SNES version of Super Mario 3 (from Mario Allstars) and includes a few extras as well. It's a great game, and well worth it.
i think he was refering to the emulated classic nes series not the super nes ports
"Wise monkey knows not to monkey around with another monkey's monkey"- Wise Monkey
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

WiseMonkey wrote:oh and as for tetris, look around for tetris dx. its a gameboy color game but it is the best version of tetris on the gameboy. theres also tetris worlds which is a gba game but imo not as good as dx
I went to gamestop yester day..they had tetris 2, another GB tetris, and Tetris DX...so I'm going to take your word on that and get Tetris DX :wink:
I've played Tetris Worlds for GBA (even got my brother the xbox one for Christmas) and I hate it...I just want plain old tetris, as true to the original NES one as you can get
this is my signature
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

JAaron77 wrote:
WiseMonkey wrote:oh and as for tetris, look around for tetris dx. its a gameboy color game but it is the best version of tetris on the gameboy. theres also tetris worlds which is a gba game but imo not as good as dx
I went to gamestop yester day..they had tetris 2, another GB tetris, and Tetris DX...so I'm going to take your word on that and get Tetris DX :wink:
I've played Tetris Worlds for GBA (even got my brother the xbox one for Christmas) and I hate it...I just want plain old tetris, as true to the original NES one as you can get
You do realize that the first public release of Tetris was for the GameBoy, don't you? It didn't exist anywhere else before it was packaged and sold with the original GameBoy. If you really want classic old-school Tetris, get your hands on one of the original Gameboy carts of it.
DreamZone Forums

JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

WiseMonkey you truely are wise. I was talking about the NES ports. I should have been more specific.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

curt_grymala wrote: You do realize that the first public release of Tetris was for the GameBoy, don't you? It didn't exist anywhere else before it was packaged and sold with the original GameBoy. If you really want classic old-school Tetris, get your hands on one of the original Gameboy carts of it.

Tetris DX owns Tetris 'classic' for one reason and one reason only: it has saved to cartridge highscores

Everyone I know with a GBC who has that game has my name permanently locked in the number 1 position at speed 9 on their cartridge as a reminder of my mad tetris skills :pimp:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Tetris 'classic' is the best version of Tetris ever. I gave DX a try because of the saved highscores, but I went back to the 'classic' version. I forgot why, though....
It's thinking...
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Well...I would suggest Castlevania Aria of Sorrow...but...since you said your cousin pushes Castlevania on you...I don't wanna push you away from it any more. It is a good game, though. Two of my other favorite GBA games are Street Fighter Alpha 3 and the most recent King of Fighters game. Some people discredit fighting games on GBA due to the lack of an easily accessable two player mode, but SFA3 has some really excellent AI, and the most recent KOF game is just plain fun. Some of my other favs...

Monkeyball Jr.
F-Zero
Virtua Tennis
Klonoa
the Metriod games
PacMan Collection :wink:
WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

i need to track down my old tetris dx cartridge, thanks to this topic ive been playing tetris nonstop on my classic cart.( hoo-freakin- rea, i spent 100 dollars on a new game boy to play what? tetris. on a cartridge that ive owned since 1990. tetris non stop.)and yeah Nyarl had it right, the best thing about dx is the ability to save your game. other than that its more or less a colorized version of the old tetris cart
Last edited by WiseMonkey on Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise monkey knows not to monkey around with another monkey's monkey"- Wise Monkey
WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

|darc| wrote:Tetris 'classic' is the best version of Tetris ever. I gave DX a try because of the saved highscores, but I went back to the 'classic' version. I forgot why, though....
it might have been the lack of the original music, i remember that being one of my only gripes with it
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

WiseMonkey wrote:
|darc| wrote:Tetris 'classic' is the best version of Tetris ever. I gave DX a try because of the saved highscores, but I went back to the 'classic' version. I forgot why, though....
it might have been the lack of the original music, i remember that being one of my only gripes with it
That's what it was. I couldn't get along without the original Tetris A song.
It's thinking...
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

looks like tetris is one of the Best Games Ever.!!...

i'm thinking of getting an SP soon. i have been playing Super Metroid on DreamSNES and am loving it.!! i would love to play the new metroid games on SP.

now a question for you flash cart owners. how is the speed of the NES and SNES emus for GBA?

thx.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

(i hope this isnt too taboo) yeah if it wasnt for the missing russian theme it would be perfect, im kinda tempted to look into rom hacking now just because of that.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

hrb2k3 wrote:looks like tetris is one of the Best Games Ever.!!...
Duh!

I think Tetris and Breakout/Arkanoid are probably the two most popular and most commonly cloned games ever. I know they are two of my absolute favorites.

BTW - another original Gameboy cart that's worth picking up again, if you can find it, is Alleyway. That's one of the best Arkanoid/Breakout clones I've ever seen.
DreamZone Forums

Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

breakout....now there's another addicting game... my favourite Breakout ever though was on this PDA/Organizer thing I had (still have, but its touch-pad is broken) called daVinci (sold by Royal) ..for some reason I just love that version of breakout...

oh and curt, no I did not know the original Tetris was on GB...all I know is the oldest I've ever seen is the one I have for NES
this is my signature
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

allright this thread has been dead for a while, but i feel i need to add the following:

WTF is wrong with you people? over 20 posts, and no mention of F-zero? the two F-zero games are some of the best racers i EVER played, and the best race games on GBA both of these games are worth it, especially since maximum velocity can be picked up at 20 bucks or so

also doom is good, it helped me trough a boring holiday in france two years ago, and you should be able to find it at 15 bucks
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

You do realize that the first public release of Tetris was for the GameBoy, don't you? It didn't exist anywhere else before it was packaged and sold with the original GameBoy. If you really want classic old-school Tetris, get your hands on one of the original Gameboy carts of it.
Eh..? Tetris came out for GameBoy in 1989, for the NES in 1988.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Though the Tengen version was quickly withdrawn after release, must luck across a copy of it someday
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

Metroid:fusion - IMO NOT better then prime but great 2d goodness but with shitty music, great game though.

Metroid; zero mission - a remake of one with different coolies

Fzero : maximum Velocity -mode 7 like snes with new track and cars

Megaman and Bass - old school mega man goodness

Castlevania :circle of the moon - The most original castlevania on the system, the other too
are trying to rip off "symphony of the night" which is over rated, give me a port of super
castlevania 4 and I'd be happy :}

Lady sia - I am not the caring type when it comes to chicks as the main role but this gameis nice for a video casseste maker TDK. sweet sword slasher.

Super street fighter II turbo : revival - better than SNK fighters on GBA, since SNK is yet another over rated fighting game company. has extra stages!

Advance wars 1 & 2 - absolutly a must, this game is hearld by nearly every GBA lover and I
have to agree on this one.
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

I found out what happened to that copy of Tetris DX that was at the local gamestop...my exgirlfriend had gotten it so she could give it to me on my birthday...but she gave it to me today instead.....
this is my signature