Everyone should work fastfood at least once!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

I was at Taco Bell today and got behind some jack-ass that took 5 min to place his order. The moron walks in and rushes up to the counter then he stands there asking WHAT DOES THIS HAVE ON IT, WHAT DOES THAT HAVE ON IT? Then he starts adding up what it will cost in his head, etc. The meantime there is me and 3 people behind me waiting. Well he figures out what he wants and he of course has to have it made special. He didn't want none of this, none of that.

I think everyone in there lifetime shoudl work at least 1 month at a fast food place. That way you can see how annoying and stupid some people can be. I worked Burgerking a few years ago when I was 17 and about went crazy cause of stupid people thinking there special demanding stuff.

So if you don't want to piss people off at fast food places here is some things to do. Also if you DO want to piss them off, here is some things NOT to do I guess?

1. Know your order before you get to the counter. Its not the hard just buy something and eat it!

2. Don't say TO GO then decide you want to eat in, or vice versa.

3. Don't take 5 min to dig out a penny so you can get exact change.

4. When going through drive through pull up to the window, not everybody is stretch armstrong you know.

5. Avoid special orders. Come on people its not that hard to pick the Tomato or Pickle off a sandwich!

6. Don't say I WANT HOT FRYS. Your not better then anyone else, just eat what they give you.

7. Don't leave your tray on the tables. Your NOT giveing somebody a job doing this, your just making someones job that much harder.

8. Don't leave messes at tables.

9. If you can't get your kids to be good, don't eat in. Nothing worse then little hill-billy kids running circles and some women shouting ALBERT GET YOUR ASS BACK OVER HERE!!! IM GONNA TELL PA WHEN WE GET BACK TO THE TRAILOR!

10. Avoid wet floors. If your done eatting and you see 2 exits and 1 of them has just been moped, go out the other door. Chances are you ate too much and need the extra walking anyways.

11. If you know your going to have a extra large order don't go through the drive thru. Walk in so you don't block the drive through window since you decided to order 50 bucks worth of food.

12. Don't smoke in a non-smoking area. They are usually clearly marked. Besides if you can't go 30 min or so without a smoke you got a problem.

13. Don't dump half full glasses of pop in the trash can. Some places this can't be helped, but if its a self-serve drink station just dump the pop out there.

14. Don't dump pop in the parking lot. How many times have you went somewhere during summer and got out of your car and found yellow jackets swarming you cause some jack-ass just dumped pop on the sidewalk (which attracts them).

15. Don't bother telling the worker I THINK SO AND SO HAS BETTER FOOD THEN YOU. They could give a rats ass.

16. Don't ask WHAT DOES THIS HAVE IN IT. Look at the menu it shows what is on the stuff. If you still can't figure it out then just order something else.

Well thats all I Can think of now. So if you want to avoid getting your food spit in, or getting poor service try to do this. And if you want to really piss someone off Do the opposite of this stuff.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

when i turned 14 i said no way no fusk am i ever working at a fast food place. so far i haven't. that's probably why i'm poor. but oh well, i would rather be poor than have to work at a burger king or mc donalds. it's just so ... degrading. people are jerks and i would hate to be around them so much like that. hehe :)
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

i loved working at both fast food places i used to work with. (chick-fil-a and burger king) most of my co workers were really nice and we had a lot of fun. customers never really bothered me. if they did i just spoke in japanese until they got worried and hurried up with their order.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

I think everyone in there lifetime should work at least 1 month at a fast food place
Damn straight! I worked at a hardee's for 2 years! You left out a few...

1. Don't ask for your burger to be cut in half..

2. Know what store you are at! Don't go to mcdonalds and ask for a whopper..

3. Don't come in 5 till closing and expect to be served.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

enki I forgot all about the dumb asses wanting there stuff cut in half!! Ugg that used to irritate me. I never worked near closeing time so I can't say much for that.

I forgot to mention the one I worked at was in West Virginia. I live in Ohio, but it is 1 mile from WV. All the rumors of hill billys liveing there are 100 percent true!
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

I worked at McDonalds for ~2 years. It was fun but the pay sucked! I quit after I got a 15cent raise in pay :? . When I went back to get my W2 they say they will pay me more if I come back to work for 'em :roll: . I told 'em that if I was desperate for $ I might come back.
customers never really bothered me. if they did i just spoke in japanese until they got worried and hurried up with their order.
:lol:
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

Yep, I've done my time, 3 years to be exact at a place called "Arnolds Ribs & Pizza". I did it all, cleaning, customer service, cooking, pizza making and pizza deliveries.
spag Wrote -
when i turned 14 i said no way no fusk am i ever working at a fast food place. so far i haven't. that's probably why i'm poor. but oh well, i would rather be poor than have to work at a burger king or mc donalds. it's just so ... degrading. people are jerks and i would hate to be around them so much like that. hehe
How can you say that? Fast food is what gives most people a start in the workforce. Sure you might contribute to many people's heart and colestrole problems, but you gain work experience at the same time!
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

thank goodness i never had to work in a fast food place.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

fast food, blegh try retail

Post by toastman »

To Vegitta2099:

1.) I agree, I usually stand back from the counter until I've made my decision and approach once I made my decision
*)Do not ask me if I'm ready to order if I'm fricking12 ft from the counter, if I was ready, I would be AT the counter.

2.) Sounds like random bitching there. Just slap it on a tray/throw it in a bag, no biggie.

3.) No comment. Some people are pro-exact, some anti. That's one religion I don't want to argue :lol:

4.) You don't drive do you? Not everyone drives that well and some vehicles have bitches of blind spots. Give 'em a break, they have to stretch as well.

5.)I'm sorry, but when your specialty is customer service if I say no pickles, no onions, lots of ketchup, that thing better have no pickles, no onions, and look like it busted a major artery. Fast food is a customer service job, serve your customers.

6.) I'll agree. Go around lunch rush if you want hot fries.

7. & 8.) These kinda go together. True, this is not a four star restaurant, although some fast food places bus your table for you. But overall, keep it clean.

9.) Eh, they are family eating establishments. Goes with the territory. As long as they aren't tearing up the place, running around with ketchup bottles and what not.

10.) Sorry, I'm not going to walk around the damn building because someone finally decided to slop a wet mop on the floor. But then again I won't track muddy shoes through the water either, I usually just skirt the edges.

11.) I thought that would be common sense. Damn imagine passing 30 bags through the window O_o

12.) It's public, it's non-smoking. You're actually breaking a law doing that and could get the place in trouble with the Fire Marshall.

13.) You do uses bags in the cans correct? Although they can break, I'd have to say this one goes with the territory, part of the job so to say.

14.) Can't argue there, should've thrown it in the garbage can :D

15.) True dat my man.

16.) Tell me, what comes on a BK Broiler? a Chicken Wrap? an Alice Springs Chicken? Go ahead, just find a picture. If you can that is. And some people may be allergic to certain condiments that wouldn't make its way into the promo picture. Sorry, this one is also part of the territory.

To Enki

1.) People do that !! :o
2.) Slip of the tounge, let it slide. Obvious harrassment, let it slide. I doubt you have that much company loyalty.
3.) If you are open, you are open, expect to do business. If you want to stop serving at 11:55 p.m., close at that time.

Rules for Retail Shopping::
1.) If you pick it up, either return it when finished looking at it or purchase it. Don't take it halfway across the store, decide it's not for you and ditch it somewhere else.
Next time you can't find something where it belongs, remember this.

2.) If you break/spill something, find an employee to attend the mess. Don't just leave it. We're not going to charge you for it, it doesn't cost us anything to process the claim.

3.) Just because someone works there does not mean they have an intimate knowledge of the inner-workings of the store. Some of these people are new hires and know less than you maybe.

4.) [kinda 3 too] If an employee admits to ignorance of the subject (i.e. can't find your triple flange 3/4 inch nut twister) don't get pissed, it's better than both of you wandering around lost.

5.) [opposite of the last 2] If an employee seems to know more of the subject than you do yourself, go with the flow. Customers who have listened to my advice in the Electronics dept now look for me to help them again, customers who didn't wind up coming back to get the advice they ignored because I 'simply work retail'

6.)Be polite. Just because you are a customer does not give you the right to treat employees like shit. You will get the same respect from me that you gave.

7.) Call the manager, fine, I'll do it for you. We're probably friends anyway. He'll tell me something in front of you and then ask me "WTF was that about?" and bitch with me about you when your gone. Trust me nothing is funnier than an irate customer :D

8.) Policy is policy. Don't try and change it to suit your needs.

9.) Paying with check? Have your driver's license ready. I have made people go back to their cars to get their licenses or cancelled entire purchases due to missing checks. Why? See No. 8 Policy is no ID, no check. Think about it. Would you want someone writing off your checks like no tomorrow because a store didn't check the ID?

10.) Express line == 20 items max (or less depending on store/chain) not 21, not 25, not 3 purchases of 20, 20 max. Express is a convience for people who aren't doing heavy shopping.

11.) Park in the lot, in the designated areas. If you are not handicapped, don't park there. The front of the store is a Fire Lane, not a shipping dock. Not only are you blocking traffic, you are committing a crime, and if a fire should break out, your car will be creamed be an oncoming fire truck and YOU will have to pay damages done to the fire truck.

That's all i can think of right now :P

and a thing about telemarketers. those pranks that are SOOOOOOO funny. heard him a million times, don't give a rats ass really. breaks the monotony of 200 dull hangups. my favorite call was a group of drunk people who wanted 2 of whatever i had (long distance plans from at&t) my supervisor was encouraging the sale :o
and the whole, "why don't you give me your number so i can call you at random times" whoop de. never heard that five times a day. here's a clue people, when a telemarketer calls, interrupt them and say "Please place me on your Do Not Call list"
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Toastman, you are asking WAY to much out of people. I never worked in fast food, but an amusment park is pretty much the same, minus the food.

Don't come up to the ride when we close.
Don't come up to the ride when we are yelling at you we just did the last ride, we are not going to let you on.
Listen to the Goddamn ride speach at least once. We aren't saying it because our voices sound pretty.
If you kid isn't talk enough, don't try to chance it by trying to trick us. Standing on the parent's feet, hats, tall shoes, we catch it all.
If you kid isn't tall enough, don't bitch to us.
If you can't ride a ride, don't claim to go to our compition, thier hieght requirements are the same, if more, than us.
Don't ask for a refund for you kid, we have a sign outside, before you can buy the tickets, saying how high you must be for every ride, and even a messuring board.
Don't come on drunk, anything worse than trying to turn down a drunk guy.
Don't try to fuck with the workers. If you treat us bad, we don't EVER have to start the ride up.
If a kid can't ride something like bumpercars, even with a parent, don't claim that you can hold them in the seat.
If you do lose your wristband for rides, go get one, don't try to tell every attendent that you lost it, and show every one your reciept, it takes forever to debate.

Finally, the cruelest one to come to my mind:
A guy comes up to the bumber cars with his 3 kids, all well under the 48 inches mark, and his wife. I told him in the line ahead of time that his kids couldn't ride, so he could duck out early, and save himself some time. He never left, so when he came up to the line, I had to block him, and tell him that they couldn't. I had to explain for him for about 10 mins holding up the ride because he wouldn't let anyone past him. Finnaly, when he knew he was beat, he wispered in his daughters ear, the smallest one, "ask him and give him the sad look"... "Please mister?" *Bigass frowning puppy face*. So I told him that was by far the lowest thing I have ever seen. Trying to guilt me into letting his daugter to getting hurt on this ride. So when he does leave, while I am going arround checking everyone's seatbelt, he follows me arround from the outside, shouting "he's not tall enough, she's not tall enough!". So to piss him off once and for all, and to let everyone get revenge on him, I get the hieght stick and messure the people he claimed (they were all about 6 inches TALLER). FINALLY, he leaves.... God damn.
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

Jelly Warrior wrote: How can you say that? Fast food is what gives most people a start in the workforce. Sure you might contribute to many people's heart and colestrole problems, but you gain work experience at the same time!
i learned high-school typing and became a secretary. :P

really, everyone should learn high-school typing! it's easy as hell and your job prospects multiply quickly.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Veggita2099 wrote: I was at Taco Bell today and got behind some jack-ass that took 5 min to place his order. The moron walks in and rushes up to the counter then he stands there asking WHAT DOES THIS HAVE ON IT, WHAT DOES THAT HAVE ON IT? Then he starts adding up what it will cost in his head, etc. The meantime there is me and 3 people behind me waiting. Well he figures out what he wants and he of course has to have it made special. He didn't want none of this, none of that.
I agree with most of what's on the list, but the guy in the example did nothing wrong.

5. Avoid special orders. Come on people its not that hard to pick the Tomato or Pickle off a sandwich!
And it's not that hard to not put it on in the first place.

Some people have more sensitive tastes than others, and can't stand the flavor or even smell of certain items. Most condiments leave a taste behind even after you pull/scrape them off, and there's no reason to pay for something that doesn't taste good.

And the other reason I don't want to have to pick of unwanted items is because it's wasteful. Why should it be served to me if it's going to end up in the trash.

If it's the policy of the restaurant to accomodate special orders, then that's part of the job. Do your job.

16. Don't ask WHAT DOES THIS HAVE IN IT. Look at the menu it shows what is on the stuff. If you still can't figure it out then just order something else.
This is just lazy. The pictures don't show everything, not every item is pictured, and some people would like to know what they're ordering.

There are plenty of unnecessary things customers do to make people's lives annoying, but ensuring the customer gets what they want is part of customer service. If you don't want to serve customers, don't work in customer service.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

It IS a pain when people have special orders, especially when its really busy. It is even worse when there is 4 people all on the same order and you have to punch in 15 different things between all there orders. And you want to talk about wasteful when there is a special order they have to make a new item when there is all ready one made in most cases. So the ones that was all ready made get thrown away. And just cause it was made fresh don't mean it will taste that much different.

Im not demanding anything this is just things to do if you want to avoid getting your food spit in, or pretty much hated where you go. I never did anything like that to food, but Im sure there is people out there who do.

I don't think I will write my things to do and not to do for Carry-outs. Well Actually the only things that made me mad when I did that was:

1. People making you take there stuff out when its raining
2. People wanting you to double bag there stuff in paper, then wrap a plasic bag around it also.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Veggita2099 wrote: It IS a pain when people have special orders, especially when its really busy. It is even worse when there is 4 people all on the same order and you have to punch in 15 different things between all there orders. And you want to talk about wasteful when there is a special order they have to make a new item when there is all ready one made in most cases. So the ones that was all ready made get thrown away. And just cause it was made fresh don't mean it will taste that much different.
It's not the customer's fault if they've made to many in advance. I've noticed more and more fast food restaurant adopting a policy of making all food to order, because keeping ready made food under a heat lamp for fifteen minutes (which by the way, does affect the taste. Are you a smoker or something?) just to throw it out isn't cost effective.

I know special orders can be an incovienence but, wouldn't it be more convienent if nobody went into the restaurant at all? Restaurant exists to serve customers - sometimes at the expense of you convienence. On the other hand, you get paid, and the customer has to pay.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Oh no.... the number one thing i hate about fast food....
Both sides of the argument are correct
employees need more respect
customers need more respect

These are the ones where I think you are wrong Veggita:

2. Is it really that hard to switch?
3. Does it really matter to you how much time you take on one customer? you're going to be there until a certain time anyway....
5. IT'S YOUR COMPANY'S JOB TO MAKE FOOD THE WAY I WANT IT. I hate certain toppings and refuse to let them touch/ get their taste on other parts of my food.
6. Like # 3, you're going to be there anyway. It's their problem if they want to wait. Once again, customers are supposed to get THE FOOD THEY WANT. " just eat what they give you" If I ate what fast food resturants "just give me," I'd be dead by now.
16. The menu NEVER says what is in it. it just says "some special...... $5.00". That's being lazy not wanting to tell what something has on it.

The ones that I didn't reply to I am ok with.
It's thinking...
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

Heliophobe wrote:
And it's not that hard to not put it on in the first place.

Some people have more sensitive tastes than others, and can't stand the flavor or even smell of certain items. Most condiments leave a taste behind even after you pull/scrape them off, and there's no reason to pay for something that doesn't taste good.
yeah this is true. my ma when she was on chemo couldn't even stand the sight of lettuce. it would make her feel sick.
mitsukid
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

I know whats worse than fast food

Post by mitsukid »

I have worked in fast food (Taco Bell). Then I moved from Minneapolis to the middle of no where Missouri after college. Now I work at a Staples as the computer tech. Ok, that doesn't sound to bad, but keep in mind that I am in the middle of no where. I live at a large lake that's population shoots to over a million during summer but decends to local hick rednecks during the off season. Here is a top 5 list of shit that pisses me off.

#5) Does that box (they point to a monitor) come with a keyboard and mouse.
I Reply: Thats a monitor, that box for $1000 over there is a computer.

#4) Trying to find out if there computer has USB ports. How old is it. "oh, less then a year." What version of windows do you have? "Windows 95."
ok think about that for a sec.

#3) "I wanna put that there card in my compuder."(pointing to a G-force 2 MX400 64MB AGP. Ok what kind of computer do you have. " Well, it says packard bell on the outside. I think its 486 Mhz with 33 MB of RAM."

#2) I have never seen so many pissed off stupid people in my 20 years in Minneapolis and Des Moines than I have in my 6 months down here.
It took 4 cops to get a guy to leave. He got irrate after we told him
we would not return a broken palm that he bought 6 months ago.

#1) This pisses me off the most. So pay close attention, if you do this please stop. I am not a god damn factory trained techician on every damn product we sell. So don't call me when you cant get your damn printer or what ever to install, I don't have the patients nor the time to help every retarded hicks. Call the damn manufacter.

Sorry, got carried away. I would much rather work at a Taco Bell then get paid $7 an hour to deal with rednecks.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I wouldve killed myself before being a help tech...
It's thinking...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The comment of YOU WILL BE THERE TILL A CERTAIN TIME is not entirely true. I can't count how many times I ended up working over cause I couldn't leave yet.

And at the Burger King I worked at every single item that was on a sandwich was pictured on the menu. You could see the Ketchup, mustard, onion, or whatever was on the sandwich.

I do take back SOME of what I said about special orders. Under some conditions It does not make a big deal. But when its lunch hour rush and there is 15 people in line and someone wants there Whopper with Extra this, none of that, light this it is a pain. I personally hate tomatos but I never ask for it to be taken off, I just pick it off myself and it tastes great.

And no its not hard to switch from a bag to a tray or vice versa, but when its crowded and your being timed on how fast you get your orders out (which you are constantly timed at burgerkings, at least back then anyways) it is a pain. Also it is wasteful cause if they put it on the tray and they change there mind they have to wash that tray again.

And I do drive if a person can't get there car close enough to the window then they shouldn't be allowed to drive. I have drove big cars, big trucks, little cars and little trucks and never had a problem with this.

I agree with Toastman on the Retail store things. I hate it when you get some person who just stands there when the clerk is ringing there stuff up and then they get a check out and take forever to fill it out. I also hate it when someone does this in the Express Lane.

Can't you tell I am a people person :)

I know everybody can't do everything here. And pretty much since I don't work this type of job anymore it don't matter to me. I have ended up walking through mopped floors myself. But rather the place advertises YOUR WAY RIGHT AWAY or WE LOVE TO SEE YOU SMILE, trust me 90 percent of the employees don't feel that way.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

yeah, also when going to a store and going to the checkout line always go to the line with the most guys in it. it always seems like women either pay by credit card or check ALL the time, even for a loaf of bread.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!