When is the private blur release date?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

When is the private blur release date?

Post by perry »

Damn i aint a tester but i just cant wait fo the screenies!!!
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

yeah after so many fakes im not keeping my hopes up. but a emulator would be nice. its leaning more to the being real side than fake side though, which is good. i wonder if you can play "backed up" ps games on it ?
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Merlin_X
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Merlin_X »

Yes, you will be able to play "backups" on it. The real Playstation uses a copy protection that reads certain sectors on the game discs to check if they are real. If this test is passed, the game loads. That copy protection is copywritten to Sony so no emulators currently support, therefore emu's play backedup games. So I'm pretty sure Blur will be no different.

P.S.-
I'm really praying that made some sort of sense.
"I heard rumors I died, murdered in cold blood, tramatized pictures of me in my final states, you know momma cryed, but that was fiction, some coward got the story twisted." Tupac Shakur- "Ain't Hard 2 Find"
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Im particularly interested in how the saves are going to work, considering Bleem!Cast required a dedicated VMU... perhaps 'snapshot' saves rather than 'real' save support?

Well, I should know soon enough :D
ultradude
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by ultradude »

if u really think some1 who puts gay photos on a place and sends u there for screenshots is telling the trueth..u have lost it! Just forget about until he realeases a real emulator.(most likely wont happen)
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I'm glad to see that most people aren't getting their hopes up about this particular emulator.

How anyone can take this unsubstantiated "emulator" seriously is beyond me! Let's hope that all will be resolved within the next couple of days.

by the way, could one of the moderators change my status to "DCEmu Hanger On"? I feel it describes basically all I do around here ;) thanks
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

From what I've heard, Hollywood Hasney has seen actual real parts of the Blur code. If you hang around in the chat like I do, you would know this project is real. The private beta will be coming out in 1-2 days from the date on this post.

I honestly beleive this emulator is real. No one said it will be bleemcast!. It's not going to work entirely perfect, will have bugs, etc. From what I've heard while talking to Hairybudda, the author, he knows what he is talking about.

This emulator is real.
It's thinking...
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

the emu is real .

/me is a beta tester :)

8) 8)
ultradude
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by ultradude »

umm..ok kid..u actually GOT A BETA? :P
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

if youre a tester can u give us some feedback on what its like? performance, games successfully played and what not?
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Van_Lardo wrote: by the way, could one of the moderators change my status to "DCEmu Hanger On"? I feel it describes basically all I do around here ;) thanks
Hmmm, maybe. You should at least get the veteran tag I suppose.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

all these replys and no1 answered the first question!

Does ne1 kno when it gets released to the beta testers?i cant wait to hear what its like and how it runs etc...

thnx newayz tho :) i luv dreamcast and the emu scene :)
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

less than a week for beta testers...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

thnx
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

(thanks, Dr Zoidberg)

As far as I'm concerned, being classified a Beta tester doesn't mean a thing until you actually HAVE the software.

I stand by my original statement. If I don't see it, for all I know it doesn't exist (like that so-called "Russia"... as if there could be such a place! ;) )
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

we (the beta testers) should get the emu some time this week or VERY early next week (probably by this week)
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Yes please inform the community as soon as you get it with pics and compatiblity and stuff to (that is, only if Hairybudda say's you can)
This should be awesome :!:

Hey Van Lardo Russia is real I saw it on TV once so it has to be real right...LOL, but anyways the best country that isn't real is Canadada... :lol:
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Cowpie
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Blur is...

Post by Cowpie »

Blur is one of the few DC Emu's that I believe are real lately. I just hope that we can get a public beta soon! Or atleast some info, will it play roms? or will you swap for a psx disc? So many unanswered questions!
mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mik »

It will play the ISOs of PSX games that are burned onto a cd because theres no way to get it to spin constantly at 2x therefore this way harry will still be able to have low level control over the gdrom.

Atleast thats how i understand it :?
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

form what he's told us, you are correct , the beta his a little delay because of hosting (webspace) but we're looking for solutions(hosts)