Rare NES?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Roofus »

revengeofLaEternal wrote:Just some info on those style NESs:

2) the Famicom (the NES before it became the NES) got restyled in the exact same fashion, except the cartridge slot is made for famicom games (obviously), and the video and sound is delivered via a multi-out port (like that found on the SNES, N64, and NGC) and not the RF out.
In fact, my only complaint about the new style NES is the fact that you can't get composite video and RCA audio, just RF output. Ok, so you can get composite video, but it requires modification (go to gamesx.com for schematics).
New NES:

New Famicom:
Really the only differences are that you can only get A/V out (and not RF only. That's the only thing I dislike about the top loader) and it's flat on top so you can use the Disk System with it.

Oh, and I always blow on my games first. Only if that doesn't work will I use the alcohol and Q-Tip, not caring that I'm not suposed to use "BENZENE, THINNER, ALCOHOL OR OTHER SUCH SOLVENTS"
gamedudex
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gamedudex »

Roofus wrote:
revengeofLaEternal wrote:Just some info on those style NESs:

2) the Famicom (the NES before it became the NES) got restyled in the exact same fashion, except the cartridge slot is made for famicom games (obviously), and the video and sound is delivered via a multi-out port (like that found on the SNES, N64, and NGC) and not the RF out.
In fact, my only complaint about the new style NES is the fact that you can't get composite video and RCA audio, just RF output. Ok, so you can get composite video, but it requires modification (go to gamesx.com for schematics).
New NES:

New Famicom:
Really the only differences are that you can only get A/V out (and not RF only. That's the only thing I dislike about the top loader) and it's flat on top so you can use the Disk System with it.

Oh, and I always blow on my games first. Only if that doesn't work will I use the alcohol and Q-Tip, not caring that I'm not suposed to use "BENZENE, THINNER, ALCOHOL OR OTHER SUCH SOLVENTS"
Dude $90 is cheap i work at gamtrader in new orleans, we seel them for like 154-200, $200 is with box and instructions.... want one, but its ...it has an r/f out put, i hate that it doesen't have an a/v like the nes snes and new system all have.

but its well worth it, its better than the old nes, last much longer.....its like the xbox vs ps2, old nes is the ps2(crappy only because it breaks easy if not takin extreme care off) vs Xbox(strong won't break easy unless forced to by idiod user)
mabartsabay
Lord of Chivalry
Lord of Chivalry

Post by mabartsabay »

Ok, thanx for all the info. I don't think I'll get it though. Emulation is so much easier. Besides, I could get a used GC at the same place for $30 more ($120) :wink:. Also, thanx for the info on how to clean the machine and games. I'll try it and see if it works.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

Calavera wrote:
mmboy wrote:I can get them for $8 lol
Where?
Fook, I think i should have bought it for $8 when I saw it at the local gameshop, do'h, not there anymore :(
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
sega-wont-die
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sega-wont-die »

(This one's going for over $100 )
look at how much that one sold for!?
i just might sell mine and get myself a gamecube
HOOKED ON FONIX REELY WURKED FUR ME!!!!!!!
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Alcohol will work just fine. But it's better to use lighter fluid, or naphta. Better yet, get some of that fluid used to clean blank printed circuit boards, the one used to clean them before you etch them. The cartridge contacts seem to be plated with tin, so once that rubs off, moisture will quickly oxidize the copper contacts.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

|darc| wrote:
sixteen-bit wrote:
|darc| wrote:This one? (drag and drop into url bar)

http://www.vgmuseum.com/systems/topnes/nes.jpg

ShadowofBob: They came out in 1993.
Am I the only one here who thinks that system looks totally horrendous? Sure, it probably is hard to find but not worth $90
Yes, it does look
horrible. I wonder what kind of pot they were smoking?
Japenese kind :P no jp, but i would actually pay that much for one if i had the money.
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**