PSO EVENT SUCCESSFULL

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO EVENT SUCCESSFULL

Post by Great One »

I just came back from the pso event and things went great! I am really happy that the people here were kind enough to come and show Sega that the dreamcast online days are not over! Even if we were only 4 dcemu players (Soilwork, Nirvana, BlueCrab and me) we still had fun thanks to the people we met in the ship who had just came by to look for games. We got the chance to exchange guild cards and we made 2 teams of 3 players. Since this event was successfull there might be many more in the future if people show interest.

If you want to play pso with us, come and post in the dcemu online thread and thank you to everyone who showed up :)
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I'll be on in a few hours, The Donnas are on SNL tonight. I would've been on earlier, but I was pickup up my new car.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I traded my copy of Pso to a friend, then his little bro scratched it to hell on the corner of the coffee table. I wanted to get it back but he told me what happened. He gave me the cd and everything but he's right, there's no fixing it.
I'll probably buy Pso again. Do you think that many eb's will still carry it? I'm sure I've seen it around.

Hope you guys have fun though. If and when I get a copy I'll be sure to tell you all. :D
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Skater_dusto wrote:I traded my copy of Pso to a friend, then his little bro scratched it to hell on the corner of the coffee table. I wanted to get it back but he told me what happened. He gave me the cd and everything but he's right, there's no fixing it.
I'll probably buy Pso again. Do you think that many eb's will still carry it? I'm sure I've seen it around.

Hope you guys have fun though. If and when I get a copy I'll be sure to tell you all. :D
I see it sealed on E-bay all the time. Here is one for $20 after shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4305
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

Skater_dusto wrote:I traded my copy of Pso to a friend, then his little bro scratched it to hell on the corner of the coffee table. I wanted to get it back but he told me what happened. He gave me the cd and everything but he's right, there's no fixing it.

You can buy it on eBay for way cheap...

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the reply above mine
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I usually see sealed copies at Babbages for $20 or under. It's not too hard to find. I prefer buying games from Babbages and Gamestop personally. I hate paying bigass shipping prices and waiting forever to get it.
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

my 5 year old cousin chewed through mine and had to go to the hospital :(
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

got a new one though
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Buy the European PSO2. It's free to play online.
It's thinking...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I've wanted a European PSOv2 for quite some time, but the local import store only imports Jap stuff, :?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Would you have to pay long distance fees, though? Someone told me I would...
SuperRoy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SuperRoy »

European PSOv2 is FREE ONLINE!?! I gotta import that shit...unless it costs for long distance....
--SuperRoy
[ Author:: Linux GameDev Articles ]
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

An oversea phonebill would probably be more expensive then the normal fee
SuperRoy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SuperRoy »

I realize that...unless it doesn't cost for long distance...which it shouldn't because you're still dialing into your same ISP but just connecting to a different server...anyone?
--SuperRoy
[ Author:: Linux GameDev Articles ]
Soilwork
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Soilwork »

SuperRoy wrote:I realize that...unless it doesn't cost for long distance...which it shouldn't because you're still dialing into your same ISP but just connecting to a different server...anyone?
This would be logic. I mean, PSO uses the data stored in your dreamcast to connect to the Internet, so it will dial up to your usual provider, and then it will connect to the EU server. No long distance call involved..
"And then... I'm glad I found true friends..."
"Avant de mourir, je suis heureux d'avoir eu des amis..."
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Yep, all the other European Dreamcast games that can be played online need you to connect through SEGA's own ISP, but PSOv2 allows you to use your own with the help of DreamKey (and I assume the other browsers too). And oh yeah...

EUROPE RULES!
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Yeah, it'd just mean using a boot disc and having to manually select the American or Jap ships whenever you log on.

I'm happy paying 15 a month to keep the servers up though, it's worth it, cus PSO rocks.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Or 5 bucks a month, rather, Although, last I looked, because of the exchange rates, my 3-month block only cost me $9.98.
Soilwork
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Soilwork »

fatheadpi wrote:Or 5 bucks a month, rather, Although, last I looked, because of the exchange rates, my 3-month block only cost me $9.98.
Uh... When was that? And are you sure it was because of exchange rates? Because, I dont wanna sound pessimistic but 9.98 sounds like the fee for 2 months, couldn't it mean that PSO servers will shut down soonish?!?

I dont wanna scare anyone, i'm just wondering :mrgreen:
"And then... I'm glad I found true friends..."
"Avant de mourir, je suis heureux d'avoir eu des amis..."
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Yep, all the other European Dreamcast games that can be played online need you to connect through SEGA's own ISP, but PSOv2 allows you to use your own with the help of DreamKey (and I assume the other browsers too). And oh yeah...

EUROPE RULES!
Lets just hope the European version of GC PSO is free online aswell ;)
We should know by March the 7th (The official EU release date ;))