The Correct Way to Burn a Roms CD.

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
SegaBoyyy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Correct Way to Burn a Roms CD.

Post by SegaBoyyy »

Want to make sure I catch your attention, not quite certain that the previous post would get by you. So anyway, please read the my previous post... Sorry about the two-message thingy :oops:
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Renee, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

when I press "Select Game" it automatically loads the first game in the list
The only thing I can think of is you pressed the button too hard or had turbo on.. make sure you just tap the button.
SegaBoyyy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by SegaBoyyy »

ZacMc wrote:
when I press "Select Game" it automatically loads the first game in the list
The only thing I can think of is you pressed the button too hard or had turbo on.. make sure you just tap the button.
Well, you were partially right. I don't have a turbo controller and I didn't press the button for more than a second, still didn't work. So here's what I had to do. I tapped the A button very quickly and at the same time i held the down button on the controller. In this way I could enter the menu and browse the files... But! I couldn't go back up again so basically, once I entered the menu and started browsing I had to know what game to choose because if I stopped (without pressing the A button) a game would load... So, ehm. I wouldn't say its working 100% the way I imagined but hell, it works! :lol:

So, uhm. Ever heard of anyone else having this problem? Could it be resolved in any way? It'll be a pain in the ass the day I burn like 300 roms on one CD and can't browse the files without having to know exactly which one of the three hundred roms I want to load and also time the release of the button so I don't accidentaly load some other game! :roll:

Other than that, the emulator is working just fine. Its lagging a bit with stereo sound and transparency on (well, you can do without transparency in some games but it doesnt speed up very much and in some games like zelda 3 you cant play w/o transparency). All in all, great little thing to have and play with!
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Renee, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

I tapped the A button very quickly and at the same time i held the down button on the controller. In this way I could enter the menu and browse the files... But! I couldn't go back up again so basically, once I entered the menu and started browsing I had to know what game to choose because if I stopped (without pressing the A button) a game would load...
Strange..
Try a different controller and maybe it will work better.
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker

Re: The Correct Way to Burn a Roms CD.

Post by xxlenigma »

ZacMc wrote:After you have burned a DreamSNES emulator cd you are ready to burn a roms cd..

Put all your unzipped roms into a folder called roms.

Get the folder called sound (which should have an .mp3 file in it) from the DreamSNES boot disc if you've burnt it already or you can get it from the plain files version of DreamSNES which can be found at the DreamSNES site or here. You can add your own .mp3(s) to sound folder.

Download the ROM.LST creator from the DCFactory Utils page or from DC Emu's Needed Tools page. Unzip it & start it up, then find & select the roms folder that you have your SNES ROMS in, check truncate filenames at 31chars, cilck make roms list.

Start up Nero, select new & choose CD-ROM (ISO). You should have these options selected under the ISO setting:

- ISO 9660
- Mode 1
- JOILET
- Allow pathdepth of more then 8 directories
- Allow more then 255 charcters in path.
- Use Multisession if you want to add more roms later

Burn the CD, the sound and roms folders both must be on the cd!

Thanks to Dr.Z for writing this tutorial :) .

Thanks sooo much for the help I have been trying for like ever to play snes roms on my dreamcast ( YES I HAVE THE RIGHT VERSION FOR DOING SO :D ) with no luck what so ever, I will try all this stuff sometime this up coming weekend I'll let you guys know when I get it right hopefully it will be some time soon.
SegaBoyyy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by SegaBoyyy »

ZacMc wrote:
I tapped the A button very quickly and at the same time i held the down button on the controller. In this way I could enter the menu and browse the files... But! I couldn't go back up again so basically, once I entered the menu and started browsing I had to know what game to choose because if I stopped (without pressing the A button) a game would load...
Strange..
Try a different controller and maybe it will work better.
Thanks, I'll try that. But the controller hasn't behaved like this with any other game... Only when running DreamSNES... I'll let ya know what happens when I use a brand new controller (got one unopened around).
redman2k1
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone else have slow game play ?

Post by redman2k1 »

I dont have a problem with loading the roms list . It just is that when I play a game it is verry verry slow ? can some one help me ? Thanks :|
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Does anyone else have slow game play ?

Post by ZacMc »

redman2k1 wrote:I dont have a problem with loading the roms list . It just is that when I play a game it is verry verry slow ? can some one help me ? Thanks :|
Yeah, DreamSNES isn't fullspeed.. Try turning the sound off to get a speed boost.
mysticdragon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

dreamsneromlist

Post by mysticdragon »

Well in new and all but dont hold that against me im a smart-mofo,well i burned the dreamsnes0.9.8 and now i haveta make a rom list and i get stuck :twisted: ,i downloaded the romlist maker and i make the list but am i supost to put all the roms in a folder called "roms" and then i make another folder called "sound" and i burn it on the ISO settings for nero?
????? i dont know whats wrong help me?????
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Idiot-proof method for burning DreamSNES and roms

Post by OneThirty8 »

Easiest way to get your SNES roms playing... download burnero's Selfboot inducer from http://www.consolevision.com/burnero and get your SBI pack from there or from dipacks.cjb.net. install selfboot inducer to c:\selfboot or similar.
put DreamSNES.sbi or whatever in your SBI pack is called into c:\selfboot. Run inducer (double-click).
Put all your roms into the ROMS folder within the INDUCER folder. Make sure there is at least 1 MP3 in the SOUND folder. If not, put one there. (find a good one at thedie.cjb.net on their media page.)
Now, make sure romlst.exe is in your Selfboot folder (not sure if it has to be, but that works for me) and double-click. It will ask you to select a folder. Navigate to your ROMS folder. It should make a ROMS.LST in your roms folder.
Now run selfboot to create a nero or discjuggler image, or get selfboot to burn automatically with cdrecord (works fine for me. Much smaller program than discjuggler or nero and works everytime.)

This is by far the easiest method I have used to burn anything, and it's cool because you can have your roms on the same disc as DreamSNES, and have NesterDC, DCDivx, NetBSD(I think).... everything that will fit all on the same disc. There are even different menu themes available to customize DreamInducer.
acme
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by acme »

quick question, can i use cd-rw's?
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

acme wrote:quick question, can i use cd-rw's?
Quick answer, no. Not without modifying your Dreamcast.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
droid1469
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

EMU and Roms on same disk?

Post by droid1469 »

Just wondering if there is anyway to put both the DreamSNES software and the roms on the same CD. I tried it, but it won't boot. I just hate to use only 10% of a cd for the EMU and a seperate one for the Roms.
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

you have to download the plain files and put a ROMS folder in there. then make it self boot. or there is a way to actually edit the image
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: EMU and Roms on same disk?

Post by ZacMc »

droid1469 wrote:Just wondering if there is anyway to put both the DreamSNES software and the roms on the same CD. I tried it, but it won't boot. I just hate to use only 10% of a cd for the EMU and a seperate one for the Roms.
Followthe tutorial in my sig ;)
ilsegaboyil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

correct way to burn dreamcast roms onto cdr

Post by ilsegaboyil »

alright, i followed all the steps....i have the emu running...
ok now i add the roms to the folder (roms) and add sound folder along with an mp3, now i start burning right? it gets to 100% and nero just freezes and stops responding, wasting another cdr...i mean i doing everything like i read, still cant figure out.
(in regards to dreamsnes)

snoochie boochies! :evil:
TELL 'EM STEVE DAVE!
AnubisVonMojo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by AnubisVonMojo »

can I use this same method to burn the roms for my DCGenerator emulator? Or, do the programs require different methods? Also, when using this method to burn roms for DreamSNES, should the 'roms' and 'sound' folders be burned on the disc seperately, or should they be put in together under a 'cd' folder? Should they be turned into a nero image file first or just burned on as folders? Sorry about the questions, I'm still new at this and can't seem to find much support on the site anywhere for Genesis emulators.
zEro82386
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by zEro82386 »

Nero has released version 5.5 of their software, or Nero Express, as it calls itself, and it does not have the settings for Cd Mode or Joilet options available.

I was hesitant to waste another CD-R while trying to create my disk, but I am not sure what else to do. I followed the tutorial, but all I am doing is taking the basic standalone files for DreamSnes (no boot Image or any of the sort) and burning them, along with the roms in the appropriate folder, to a CD. Will it work on my Dreamcast that way, or do I need to get an older version of Nero that has better options.

I do not wish to downgrade my software, but I have no other choice, unless the information here is updated.
I appreciate any assistance you can give.
EDIT:

Sadly, a simple Burn or the software does not work on my Dreamcast. I desperately need assistance.
Nero 5.5 DOES have nero express... but its there for stoopid people. DONT USE IT BCUZ U DONT HAVE TO ..... goto Start Button > Programs > Ahead Nero > Nero- Burning Rom

NOT NERO EXPRESS....

then u can do it. :D

peace out zEro
Ralph, Ralphed, To Ralph upon<BR>
<BR>
Commonly used to describe spewing of chunks from the mouth.<BR>
<BR>
Ex. Im gonna ralph if you fart again.<BR>
Ex. Billy ralphed all over his father.<BR>
BEAM swordzman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by BEAM swordzman »

so, after you unzip the roms (let's say, Mario Paint) do u remove the .smc from the Mario Paint folder into the "roms" folder?