The Correct Way to Burn a Roms CD.

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Correct Way to Burn a Roms CD.

Post by ZacMc »

After you have burned a DreamSNES emulator cd you are ready to burn a roms cd..

Put all your unzipped roms into a folder called roms.

Get the folder called sound (which should have an .mp3 file in it) from the DreamSNES boot disc if you've burnt it already or you can get it from the plain files version of DreamSNES which can be found at the DreamSNES site or here. You can add your own .mp3(s) to sound folder.

Download the ROM.LST creator from the DCFactory Utils page or from DC Emu's Needed Tools page. Unzip it & start it up, then find & select the roms folder that you have your SNES ROMS in, check truncate filenames at 31chars, cilck make roms list.

Start up Nero, select new & choose CD-ROM (ISO). You should have these options selected under the ISO setting:

- ISO 9660
- Mode 1
- JOILET
- Allow pathdepth of more then 8 directories
- Allow more then 255 charcters in path.
- Use Multisession if you want to add more roms later

Burn the CD, the sound and roms folders both must be on the cd!

Thanks to Dr.Z for writing this tutorial :) .
Last edited by ZacMc on Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

hey thanks for your help on this 8)
cluh
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by cluh »

does the roms.lst go in the roms directory?
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

yes
SilverSuperSonic
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by SilverSuperSonic »

thanks, I did it and the rom list worked fine
I'm new around here...
cluh
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by cluh »

So that was my problem. Thanks.
malkav
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by malkav »

I did exactlly as you said i think when i burned the roms but i cant get the roms to load in dreamsnes. What have ? done wrong?
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

malkav wrote:I did exactlly as you said i think when i burned the roms but i cant get the roms to load in dreamsnes. What have ? done wrong?
If you did exactly what i said it would work.
did you unzip your roms?
Are your roms in the roms folder?
Neo559
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Not working...

Post by Neo559 »

I boot up with the DreamSNES disc, then I switch to the disc with roms and SOUND burned to it. I click A to get the game list, and all my games show up. I pick one and press A again. The whole screen goes black except for a small picture of a SNES in the top right hand corner. After about 30 seconds of that, the screen goes completely black.

The disc I burned has a folder called "roms" with the rom list and 9 unzipped SNES roms. The SOUND folder has the one mp3 from the dreamsnes cd, and 2 music mp3s i put in it.

What did I do wrong?
I am Jack's smirking revenge.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Not working...

Post by ZacMc »

Neo559 wrote:I boot up with the DreamSNES disc, then I switch to the disc with roms and SOUND burned to it. I click A to get the game list, and all my games show up. I pick one and press A again. The whole screen goes black except for a small picture of a SNES in the top right hand corner. After about 30 seconds of that, the screen goes completely black.

The disc I burned has a folder called "roms" with the rom list and 9 unzipped SNES roms. The SOUND folder has the one mp3 from the dreamsnes cd, and 2 music mp3s i put in it.

What did I do wrong?
What game were you trying to play? There are a few games (megamanx2+3) that don't work.
DarkStalker
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DarkStalker »

Actually, things have changed a little bit. You no longer have to have an mp3 on a ROMs disc anymore. Seems that just 0.9.6 required it. The reason why I know is because I've had some SNES ROM CDs from about 3 years ago and were closed (no more data allowed to be written to the disc). These discs worked in every version but 0.9.6 which would only show a few games on the list. Now, in v0.9.7, my discs work just fine. All games (about 600 on each disc) is stored unzipped in the root directory of the CD. That's it... no mp3s, no roms.lst, no sound or ROM directories. Seems like they fixed the problems that 0.9.6 had and no one noticed. :)
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

thanx :)
renegadellf
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Well....this is a bit outdated....

Post by renegadellf »

Nero has released version 5.5 of their software, or Nero Express, as it calls itself, and it does not have the settings for Cd Mode or Joilet options available.

I was hesitant to waste another CD-R while trying to create my disk, but I am not sure what else to do. I followed the tutorial, but all I am doing is taking the basic standalone files for DreamSnes (no boot Image or any of the sort) and burning them, along with the roms in the appropriate folder, to a CD. Will it work on my Dreamcast that way, or do I need to get an older version of Nero that has better options.

I do not wish to downgrade my software, but I have no other choice, unless the information here is updated.
I appreciate any assistance you can give.
EDIT:

Sadly, a simple Burn or the software does not work on my Dreamcast. I desperately need assistance.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

still works better with

Post by reaper2k2 »

works better with a blank mp3 and a romslist i load 321 roms in under 30 sec what does yours do ???
renegadellf
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Wow. Awesome!

Post by renegadellf »

AH,So you use the "MP3 DISK" format to burn the DC boot disk?

Well, I'll be gosh-darned IT WORKED! THANKS!
PuniPuniSakura
Catgirl Maniac!

Post by PuniPuniSakura »

ZacMC: you should add that MP3s have a limit of kbps, can't remember what it is though

200 i think
http://www.opengames.net

DCemu's official catgirl maniac! wai, nyao!
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: still works better with

Post by ZacMc »

reaper2k2 wrote:works better with a blank mp3 and a romslist i load 321 roms in under 30 sec what does yours do ???
Mine loads ~400 roms in ~3 seconds and thats with mp3s on the disc..
ZacMC: you should add that MP3s have a limit of kbps, can't remember what it is though

200 i think
I'll add that as soon as someone can confirm the max bitrate.
Do mp3s have to be at 44HZ? I think I remember 22HZ ones playing too fast..

Nero has released version 5.5 of their software, or Nero Express, as it calls itself, and it does not have the settings for Cd Mode or Joilet options available.
I'm going to DL the newest NERO tonight and see if I can figure out your problem..
GrossREICH3
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by GrossREICH3 »

I did the sound, romlist, and then went to nero to burn my cd. After I burn the dsnes.nrg file on a cdr, in iso, with all the settings described at the top on, I put the disc in my dc, and it doesnt work. It goes to the dc default menu,and just sits there, and says no disc found.

What am I doing wrong?
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

GrossREICH3 wrote:I did the sound, romlist, and then went to nero to burn my cd. After I burn the dsnes.nrg file on a cdr, in iso, with all the settings described at the top on, I put the disc in my dc, and it doesnt work. It goes to the dc default menu,and just sits there, and says no disc found.

What am I doing wrong?
Sounds like you didn't burn the emulator cd correctly..
Open NERO -> File -> Burn Image -> Dsnes.nrg -> Burn
GrossREICH3
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by GrossREICH3 »

ok i got the burn done, but now when i load up the disc, it gets to the pike technology screen,and then starts booting up again, and keeps doing that and doesnt go into the roms or anything.

What am I doing wrong?(again)