The cube is fascinating.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The cube is fascinating.

Post by spaghetti »

I just bought one for my little brother and sis. I wasn't sure if it would be a good investment, but then I saw the demo at Toys'R'Us and... I knew it was the system to buy. Up until then mind you I had not seen the Gamecube demo. Only XBox and Playstation 2. But when I stuck my sick little hands on the controller and watched little Mario flow through the levels so nicely, I figured "so what if everyone hated that game, just running around rocks!"

My other brother wanted me to get it for the for Xmas and he would buy them service at http://gamefly.com/ but I was wary. I didn't see all that many games for it, and everyone keeps predicting doom like Dreamcast for the system. I figured I would be better off investing in the Dreamcast library, but who cares! After I played the demo for just a bit I *ran* to the little cards and snatched up the Platinum cube and Animal Crossing and Mario Sunshine.

Now I'm too excited to wait for XMas to give it to them!!! Damn! :)

Oh, and seeing the Playstation 2 demo right alongside the Cube and XBox demos last night, I totally cannot believe *some stupid people* (mostly on Usenet) still claim the PS-2 is as powerful as the Xbox and Cube. Sheesh. It is really pathetic, when you can see both screens at the same time. :P
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

another one sees the light... :)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I'm split between getting a Gamecube, GBA, and new graphics card with my money. I'm probably not going to get enough money to buy 2 of them soon... so I need help! >_<
It's thinking...
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

|darc| wrote:I'm split between getting a Gamecube, GBA, and new graphics card with my money. I'm probably not going to get enough money to buy 2 of them soon... so I need help! >_<
well are you interested in Nintendo gamecubes new titles? *cough*metroid*cough*, portable gaming? or improving your pc's graphics?
VB_User
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by VB_User »

Man why do you guys all think the ps2 is so bad? i dont understand. Ive never seen more people that love the xbox in one place at a time. If you dont like the ps2 thats your decision but dont always be saying how pathetic it is and everything because its not. All the best games are on the ps2 and its a wicked system no matter what anyone says.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

well, we just got our ps2 a few days ago and i must say its a very good system. Its not near as powerful as an x-box, but the game line up for it rocks. I could have gotten an x-box instead, but im more happy with the ps2. Like ive said so many times before: Every system has its UPS and DOWNS.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

VB_User wrote:Man why do you guys all think the ps2 is so bad? i dont understand. Ive never seen more people that love the xbox in one place at a time. If you dont like the ps2 thats your decision but dont always be saying how pathetic it is and everything because its not. All the best games are on the ps2 and its a wicked system no matter what anyone says.
me either. it seems the only thing keeping the xbox going is microsoft. not its game titles.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

|darc| wrote:I'm split between getting a Gamecube, GBA, and new graphics card with my money. I'm probably not going to get enough money to buy 2 of them soon... so I need help! >_<
I had a similar decision recently where I was torn between a Gamecube and a $140 graphics card for my laptop. It soon became obvious that the GC would get me more of what I wanted (namely Metroid) than a graphics card. Had I had a decent desktop, my decision might have been different ($140 would have netted a much better card than I can put in my laptop).
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

I love my PS2. I love my DC more, that's only because I have more games, but if you ask me, the PS2 is the best system out there. I could care lessabout online gaming. The graphics on the PS2 are enough. Hell, the Dreamcast and Playstation 1 graphics are good enough for me. A game doesn't have to look like real life to be fun.

I had a GC with Mario Sunshine, but too it back for a PS2.
Miko
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Miko »

PS2 the best!?! It's dearer than the Xbox and Gamecube put together (joke). The Cube is cheap and ACE! Get yours today.. :D Oh, and get a Gameboy Advance.

Michael Barclay
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

i'm getting a GC simply because it has my favorites on it (Mario, Zelda, and Metroid). I dont need a thousand games thrown at me, and i don't need online gaming right now. I have a DVD player and the GC is small and cheap and has everything I want. Plus I love Nintendo :lol:
but i see myself buying a XBOX and PS2 in the next couple years when they are cheaper
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

pavelbure wrote:
VB_User wrote:Man why do you guys all think the ps2 is so bad? i dont understand. Ive never seen more people that love the xbox in one place at a time. If you dont like the ps2 thats your decision but dont always be saying how pathetic it is and everything because its not. All the best games are on the ps2 and its a wicked system no matter what anyone says.
me either. it seems the only thing keeping the xbox going is microsoft. not its game titles.
Only person I know locally who wants (and likes) the Xbox is my cousin. His taste in games is the Tony Hawks, Sports, Racing, etc. That was his reason for getting Xbox, it had more of those types games then ps2 or GC.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

lol!

Don't get mad, I wasn't saying the PS-2 sucked. I was only wondering how some of those weirdos on Usenet could claim it was superior hardware-wise to the Xbox/Gamecube. I mean, seeing them side by side lets you see clearly the difference in graphics. I'm not saying the PS-2 is bad (heck, I'm actually quite attracted to it) I was just saying what I saw. Don't worry, it wasn't a PS-2 dis... more of a Usenet moron dis. :)
Null
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Null »

tenchi wrote:i'm getting a GC simply because it has my favorites on it (Mario, Zelda, and Metroid). I dont need a thousand games thrown at me, and i don't need online gaming right now. I have a DVD player and the GC is small and cheap and has everything I want. Plus I love Nintendo :lol:
but i see myself buying a XBOX and PS2 in the next couple years when they are cheaper

Wow the biggest Nintendo Fan on the board with no Game Cube? Can this possibly be the work of the Devil himself :P My choice would be for the Game Cube why cause the games be so cool... It feels like the Game Cube has surpassed the N64 in games well for me at least.

Oh and yeah I still love PS2 why? Well if it wasn't for ps2 we wouldn't be getting good games right now competition makes gaming better. :D
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

tenchi wrote:i'm getting a GC simply because it has my favorites on it (Mario, Zelda, and Metroid). I dont need a thousand games thrown at me, and i don't need online gaming right now. I have a DVD player and the GC is small and cheap and has everything I want. Plus I love Nintendo :lol:
Ironic that you say bout buying a XBox & PS2 in the next couple of years... actually no it isn't. It's just that I've had my PS2 for about 8 months now, and I got a XBox just over a week ago... then my brother (whom I live with) went out today and bought a GameCube - so between him and me, we get the best of all worlds so to speak. I've also still got my DC sat next to my PS2 - don't call me greedy for this sheer amount of gaming... lol!

Although in this house at the moment there is a wide range of machinery. A List of these is below:

* Commodore C64
* Commodore Amiga 500
* NES
* SNES
* Gameboy
* Gameboy Advance
* N64
* GameCube
* Game Gear
* Master System II
* Mega Drive
* Saturn
* Dreamcast
* Playstation
* Playstation 2
* XBox

Oh and there's our PC - not too good at the mo so I'll skip the specs on that :P

(Sorry to turn this topic into me literally bragging about the stuff in the house... just ended up going that way)
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

I totally agree, everyones sittin here sayin how they hate Sony so much, but NOONE can deny the fact that they have a PS2, or at least a PSX. If you hate sony so much dont support there systems. Shit, look at your TV's or discman's (I bet they're sony too).
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jabba2442 wrote:
well are you interested in Nintendo gamecubes new titles? *cough*metroid*cough*, portable gaming? or improving your pc's graphics?
Well.....

The Gamecube looks like pure FUN. All the old characters I used to love remade into new fun.

The GBA has all of the older games I used to love on it (that, if I played again, would be like a new game because I love them so much), and is portable.

My graphics card is 16mb and I am in a huge need for a new one.

I've almost made up my mind though. I'm probably going to get a Gamecube and when the addon for GBA games comes out I'll get that. And I'll suffer with my PC's horrible graphics capabilities. Doom III...... ack!
It's thinking...
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

|darc| wrote:
Jabba2442 wrote:
Well.....

The Gamecube looks like pure FUN. All the old characters I used to love remade into new fun.

The GBA has all of the older games I used to love on it (that, if I played again, would be like a new game because I love them so much), and is portable.

My graphics card is 16mb and I am in a huge need for a new one.

I've almost made up my mind though. I'm probably going to get a Gamecube and when the addon for GBA games comes out I'll get that. And I'll suffer with my PC's horrible graphics capabilities. Doom III...... ack!
Get the Gamecube. Get the Resident Evil series. Be happy. The Resident Evil series is my favorite video game series.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

yodanut wrote:$140 graphics card for my laptop.
How do you replace your laptop video card?
unoproph
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by unoproph »

I still think the PS2 is the best place for games out there right now. But, I just picked up a sweet deal on a Xbox. They're selling them with Sega GT 2002. and Jet Set Radio Future, with a Type S Controller instead of the big hulking one for $200. Plus the place I got it at was having a deal, if you bought 2 games and a accessory you got a $50 mail-in rebate, so I picked up another S Controller, Blinx, and Splinter Cell. So for about $300, I walked out with a good set-up. That's the deal of this Christmas I tell you.
"You're mother was a hamster, and you father smelt of eldeberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"