Republicans rise again.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Republicans rise again.

Post by SuperMegatron »

NJ and VA are now Republican states. I been following the races and it seems that the public voted more against the Democrats then for the Republicans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11 ... rsey-race/
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: Republicans rise again.

Post by DaMadFiddler »

If by "rise again" you mean "win a couple of races everyone expected them to win anyway." John Corzine (NJ Governor) is VERY unpopular, regardless of how incompetent his Republican opponent may be, and it would take a lot for him to win reelection. Craigh Deeds (the Democratic candidate in VA) is a terrible candidate, and tried to play to the right. And the NY Congressional district up for grabs has been solidly Republican for a hundred years.

The big surprise would have been if the Democrats had won any of the races... and speaking of which, it looks like they *have* actually run the Congressional race. Of course, given the district, even the Democratic candidate is fairly conservative.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

It's also pretty ludicrous to suggest that New Jersey is a Republican state just because it elected a Republican governor. I guess California is a "Republican state" too? :lol:
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Additionally: the "against the Democrats" point. The general impression is that, in the case of the two gubernatorial races, people were voting mostly against the Democratic candidates rather than for the Republican candidates. And like I said, that was already expected; the Democrat in NJ is the current Governor whom everyone is unhappy with, and the Democrat in VA was a terrible candidate who tried to cater to the right.

But, despite what the media spin may be, this isn't a shift in public ideology. In fact, polling shows that people's political standing is largely unchanged from what it was last November. The difference is that, since the Democratic candidates were no good anyway, Democratic voters just didn't bother to turn up to the polls. They didn't have anything to gain, since the choice from their perspective was between two shitty candidates (NJ), or between two conservatives (VA).

Here's a pretty good (and quick) rundown of everything that happened, state by state:

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/ ... re-last-ni
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

***** WARNING WARNING ***** LIBERAL RAG ***** WARNING WARNING *****
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

pavelbure wrote:
I love your posts pavelbure. Your opinions are far more amusing than any joke on this forum I've ever read.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

BoneyCork wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
I love your posts pavelbure. Your opinions are far more amusing than any joke on this forum I've ever read.
i know it's above your intelligence, but that was meant as a joke. i'll spell it out for you next time.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
Liberals click here !!!!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

pavelbure wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
i know it's above your intelligence, but that was meant as a joke. i'll spell it out for you next time.
What was meant as a joke? This specific post, or your entire series of anti-liberal comments?
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

BoneyCork wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
What was meant as a joke? This specific post, or your entire series of anti-liberal comments?

wow, you really are dumb.
Liberals click here !!!!
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

BoneyCork wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
Agreed. He'd make an excellent FoxNews broadcaster.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Code-Red wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
pavelbure wrote:
Agreed. He'd make an excellent FoxNews broadcaster.
Don't you talk shit about Glenn Beck! That's Jon Stewart's job.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant