Wii remote fix...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wii remote fix...

Post by zman »

I realise this has nothing to do with the Dreamcast. However, there are many intelligent individuals here who I thought might help steer me in the right direction.

My Wii remote is dead. It costs more to send it to Nintendo to fix than buy a new one at a store. So I bought a new one at a store. I also bought the screw driver off the internet to fix my broken Wii remote. It should be here by monday or tuesday. Pick it up from Amazon.com.

So what I would like to know is some info on the remote.

Here's what I know about the remotes brokeness...

1) A battery leaked into it, but it does look like I cleaned it out before the acid got through to the circuit board area.
2) The remote took a flying leap into my wall one day. Hard enough to wonder if something snaped inside of it. Wii Bowling accident.
3) After both of those happened the remote still worked for a while and then it just quit.

The remote does not respond to anything. I tried it all. Several different fresh batteries and using the reset button. So when I get the screw driver. I'll open up the remote. The best I have is just clean it out with rubbing alcohol if there is battery acid inside.

So I am wondering if anyone here has more insight into the remotes inner workings that I could look at as a possible solution to fix it.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: Wii remote fix...

Post by Yonke »

if you live in usa...
clean your wiimote...
go to walmart and get a new one.....
swap the new one with the broken one....
return it to the store and ask for your money back....
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Wii remote fix...

Post by zman »

The classic switch routine hey...

I don't work that way, but I do know others who do...

I thought for electronics like this Walmart does not except returns on this sort of item.

Anyways, I was looking for a legit fix to this problem.