Is this a good rpg?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Is this a good rpg?

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

I went to the mall yerterday and found this game and picked it up its Evolution 2. It was cheap so I bought it I got home started it The games graphics are good but I really haven't gotten into the story yet hell I just started it up to see if it worked.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Its very short, but its a good game, great fighting engine, sweet graphics cool characters.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I thought to get it too for a long time... Does it have these random dungeons ? ...or was that Evolution 1 ?
Insane homebrew collector.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

It's fun and has elements that make you want to play it past the amount of time it takes to beat the story and best the final boss (and gives you the whole new game+/ keep on playing after beating it ability).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

does it have voice acting

The RPG's i've played so far on dc are Skies and Grandia 2 I love there battle engines I will say that grandia's battle system is much better then skies although mixing them both would be superve.

So how's evolution engine like.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Imagine the final fantasy battle system, but with three rows.

Front row - Do a lot of damage, frequent turns but take the most damage.
Back row - Do very little damage, lots of time between turns, take very little damage.
Middle - Average damage, Average amount of turns, average damage recieved.

It does have voice acting - and its not that bad. I prefered Evolution 1 over 2, but just by a little. Grandia 2 and SoA are the 2 best rpgs on dreamcast imo.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I must be the only person in the world who liked Time Stalkers/Climax Landers =P
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Imagine crappy generic games. Then apply Evolution or Evolution 2 to the cover of said games. Voila.
Very sexy hero, omg
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Nick, man........... what is going on with you?????? In every topic that opens in this forum you come and destroy it!!!!!!!!

Every time someone asks about a game, here comes Nick and assures the person that the game is crap!

Every time someone asks about the DC, you come assuring this person the DC is old/dead/previous gen.

When a petition comes..... Nick comes telling it's not worth it!

When someone likes a game and posts here, you come to convince him he is wrong and in reality the game is crap!!!!

Don't get me wrong Nick, i like you, you have gone the extra mile in assuring everything is PERFECT when i have bought games from you, a serious and dedicated guy for sure, but please man, please stop spreading this negativity in every topic available on this forum.

I understand you're kinda tired of the game industry and somewhat frustrated that games are not what they used to be... that the magic is gone (you said it in another topic), i feel the same way, but there are people that discover certain games now or just love them and refuse to let them go.
People come here to discuss the Dreamcast, but mostly they come to share their experiences in various games, to share THE FUN the had (yeah that sounded veery cheesy).
The Dreamcast is DEAD, yes everybody knows that, no need to slam it in everyone's face, but if people come here is because they are still interested in it (else they would stick in the xbox forums), so please don't take away from them this genuine feeling.

This is a Dreamcast forum people love and defend the console (me included), I'm sure that if you go to a NEO-GEO forum, people will say that the NEO is the best system and nobody does 2D like they do... and maybe they'll be right (in a certain way). So please, don't be so negative about the Dreamcast, its not about the generation of the system, the crappiness of certain game, or burnout revenge VS crazy taxi... its about taking the pad in your hand and have fun or inspiration, or plain nostalgia.

No offense :)
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

IIRC there's only one random dungeon. The best parts of the game are the characters and the skill/battle system. I'd give this game a 6.5.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

No.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Quotable Quzar wrote:I must be the only person in the world who liked Time Stalkers/Climax Landers =P
I liked it for only a short while. The textures reminded me of N64 :( However this game does have a very unique feel to it.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Segata, it's not a good game. Ask me about Grandia II, yes. Ask me about Climax Landers or Evolution, no. These are just crappy games. It's not about magic, they'd straight up suck on any system.
Very sexy hero, omg
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Cid Highwind wrote:
Quotable Quzar wrote:I must be the only person in the world who liked Time Stalkers/Climax Landers =P
I liked it for only a short while. The textures reminded me of N64 :( However this game does have a very unique feel to it.
I liked it how the game made no sense. Starting from level one at the beginning of each dungeon? only being able to bring it a few items? crazy stuff.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

It reminded me of 'The Old Cave' in Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals on SNES :) And I loved that game.

My blog
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Christuserloeser wrote:I thought to get it too for a long time... Does it have these random dungeons ? ...or was that Evolution 1 ?
Pretty sure it had the random dungeons also. I think I played this game once and didn't like it for that exact reason. Random Dungeons = boreing. They also show the dev didn't bother to take the time to make a interested dungeon to explore.
crc73
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by crc73 »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote:I thought to get it too for a long time... Does it have these random dungeons ? ...or was that Evolution 1 ?
Pretty sure it had the random dungeons also. I think I played this game once and didn't like it for that exact reason. Random Dungeons = boreing. They also show the dev didn't bother to take the time to make a interested dungeon to explore.
Random dungeons sounds like Time Stalkers to me, but others might have had them too.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

hmm Maybe.

If you started playing it before the Good RPG's were released and got the hang of the game the game could've been quite resourceful but now that we have good RPG's available Voiceless Landers feels crap.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

BILAL_XIA wrote:
hmm Maybe.

If you started playing it before the Good RPG's were released and got the hang of the game the game could've been quite resourceful but now that we have good RPG's available Voiceless Landers feels crap.
I got my DC in 02. I played quite a few rpgs before time stalkers including evolution 2, grandia 2 and skies of arcadia. I liked it. Then again i also liked EGG (if only i could find my copy to finish it =( )
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I already got stuck in the beginning of EGG, never tried it again. I was truly amazed by the backdrops and music, and the intro movie was very welldone ^^

My blog