Hub For Programmers, Artists, Musicians, & Writers

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Hub For Programmers, Artists, Musicians, & Writers

Post by MetaFox »

After reading the great comments in this topic about strengthening the development side of the Dreamcast community, I wrote a few php scripts to facilitate some of the ideas, and set it up on Dream On.

The Developer's Hub is intended for anyone interested in Dreamcast development. This includes programmers, artists, musicians, and writers. At the moment, there is an automated system for placing help wanted ads for people with the skills to hook up with people looking for people with those skills to get projects done.

http://dreamon.cyberdogcastle.com/Main/DevelopersHub

There is also a developer's reflections section, where people who worked on a project can write about their experiences regarding that project.

Please let me know your thoughts about this idea, as well as any way that it could be improved.
Last edited by MetaFox on Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Warmtoe »

Nice work on this - I've already been and added some stuff to it.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

This is a great idea, I'm going to write some stuff in there.

It would be a good idea to make a sticky/announcement about this in the Programming and Art forums.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

It looks great! I will gladly lend my musical abilities to anyone who needs it for a homebrew game. :D
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I decided to give this idea a little boost by taking Fragger's suggestion by moving this topic and stickying it in the programming forum.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

Is a nice idea :)
Just one hint. Remove the email address from your website and put them in a look like something metafox [no spam] AT name DOT abc. Just to prevent all the spiders that catch emails from websites to send spam to them ;)
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

So I take it this idea is dead, since the website that is posted near the top is down, and the last post in this thread is from almost 2 years ago. Any reason to still have this stickied? I was excited to put my name in the hat as a musician, but it seems this is an idea that has long since passed... :(
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

If and when MetaFox comes back I'm sure his site will not be down since his site was hosted on his own server. He left in October to get his personal business up and going. He also mentioned he would be back.