Console games ported to the PC

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Console games ported to the PC

Post by Tall Israeli »

So I've had my Controller S modded to work on my PC for a while and other than Moto GP, I haven't found any real games to utilize the controller. Does anyone know of any good PC games that would work well on the controller? All the GTA games have issues with button configurations, which makes them unplayable.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I know a lot of things that were developed with consoles in mind, or that have been ported over later, work well with this.

I quite often use my PS2 > PC adaptor for things like Rayman 3, homebrew clones such as Neverball (which is very hard to control without an analog stick), and titles such as SEGA's PC ports of their arcade/console games (Sonic collections, Crazy Taxi, etc.).

A console controller is also a godsend for emulators; I use a Playstation emulator for my PSone games despite the fact that we have a PS2, because the PC has much better scaling/filtering.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

I use it for emulators as well, but I need something fresh. Ys was great on the PC with the controller S, but you don't see many games of that calibur released on the PC now. Are there any Devil May Cry clones on the PC? I know Onimusha was ported to the PC, but I've already beaten it.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

About the only thing I use a controller on my PC for is emulators, Beyond Good and Evil, and any adventure games that take place in the third perspective (example: Syberia, Grim Fandango, etc...)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

[nods] I know some titles came to PC, like Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. But generally, I do my gaming on consoles, and only resort to the PC when it's a game that's not available any other way (usually an RTS).
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

DaMadFiddler wrote:[nods] I know some titles came to PC, like Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time..
Those are three games I left out, except I prefer to play Tomb Raider with a keyboard. But MGS2:Substance and PoP:SoT are two excellent PC games that I couldn't imagine playing without a controller.
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

trackmania / trackmania sunrise
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I'll also mentaion its good to use with emulators, also good for PC pso & psobb, excellent in fact as you can duplicate the xbox config exactly
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

You could try out some Sega demos for the pc, majority of them were console games to begin with:

http://sega.jp/pc/trial_list.html (Japanese)